You are here

Weekend Woes

lintini's picture

So every other weekend we rush off 1.5 hours away to get SS12 to all his games, now we are just down to 2 different teams.....*joy* I posted earlier how thrilled I was waking up at 5am to get him to his baseball game at 730am a few weekends back.

So now that May 9th and 10th are around the corner, I start reminding DH that Friday at 8pm I have a orchestra concert, and then a concert in the park at noon on Saturday May 10th followed by a pot luck. Other groups are also preforming and these are semi professional groups. Now, I looked at the calendar and saw that it's SS12 weekend before a month long of tournaments on top of the basketball clinics fridays till 10pm and Sunday basketball tournaments. YAAAY!!! So I just raised my white flag without even putting up a tiff because I have a horrible head cold and ear infection, I have no energy to argue. And it's freaking 100 degrees!! Usually the concerts are spread out differently so this has never been a problem since one would be one week, then one the next so that DH didn't have to "choose" what events to make it too (not that he even can, its his weekend with his son so his son wins) , plus he usually only comes to one because the other is during his work time. Also, I don't need BM asking her son how his games were and then telling her that he went to my orchestra gigs instead ......dRAaaamaaaa bomb!!! Not cool. So DH looks up SS12 schedule and he plays Thursday and not Saturday, but that still leaves that 4 hour long basketball clinic Friday, and god knows what on Sunday. DH doesn't like sitting around for the 4 hour long clinic then getting home after 11pm on Fridays, he told his son last weekend he wasn't going to go because he picks son up at 3pm at school, then has to wait around till 6pm for the clinic to start. The joys of moving out of the immediate area. So DH is like "its ok lintini, we can go to both concerts" I feel like I am now used as his excuse to not have him go to the Friday clinic!! I have mixed feelings, and Friday that is SO much driving because my concerts are 1 hour in the opposite direction of home, and he goes 1.5 in the other to get the kid. BM can't help out with driving or anything, that's just too much. Last weekend was all screwed up, after his baseball game at 1, where we get him there at 12, he was told then that the basketball tournaments were that day starting at 3, and not Sunday. So we were told in an email that the games were at 12-4 Sunday ....so all these kids left right after the baseball game to go to the basketball game....and GUESS WHAT. All of SS12 basketball gear is at our house!!! 1.5 hours away!!!!!! Then one of the dads/also a coach has the nerve to say well "we really need him" ....then DH is like well, we were told Sunday and his gear is not even near here. So annoying. I was almost expecting DH to run off to the sports store and get him some gear so he could make it. That's how spoiled ss12 is.

Again, usually my concerts are Wednesday nights and Friday nights, never a noon concert in the park and DH never makes the Wednesday night concerts. I also only have a concert once every 3 months. So this is not usual and it frustrated me that it's on ss12 weekend with us.

THEN....I am so thrilled that we have SS12 on memorial day weekend which is my birthday. Last year DH proposed to me on my birthday and he had his parents keep SS12 for the weekend because BM would not switch weekends with him. She found out that her son was at his grandparents and she literally shit her pants and was so upset that he wasn't included in the engagement. Yuck?? Which is dumb because SS is constantly at BM own mothers house because she drinks herself into the hospital with all her stomach issues. I don't know why I even thought we wouldn't have him for the holiday weekend....sigh. I don't want to spend my birthday with a 12 year old kid who isn't mine. Oh well, it's just another weekend anyways.

Blarrrghhhhh.

Thanks for reading.

lintini's picture

Yeah you are right. I'd say we should go up to my family cabin and fish but he will cry if we catch more fish than him (he seriously took in his line, went to the other end of the dock and starting crying), and last year we had the dog with us and she ran away when we cast out....I guess someone beat her with a fishing pole before she ended up at the shelter......yea doesn't sound like a fun engagement anniversary/birthday weekend to me.I think I will ask fDH if we can do something the weekend after instead and that way we don't have the holiday weekend traffic or the kid.

lintini's picture

Ohhh no no HollowPoints , the SS12 is the one who cries!!! Not me!

Yea if FDH wants to celebrate our engagement anniversary and my bday which is all that same weekend, he better find a babysitter for the kid or we do something the week after. SS12 probably has freaking baseball and basketball games all weekend anyways. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

I'll just go wine tasting alone lol