You are here

Wanting your thoughts

confused455's picture

First time I'm in this situation. Living with boyfriend who has a toddler. He doesn't have paternity, nor any custody arrangement in place. She has not pushed for child support. Basically every week it's up to them whether or not the child is at the house we share. Usually it's 2 days every week, sometimes it's 4. He does favors for her on the days she asks, like getting the kid when he normally wouldn't. The kicker is: he calls me a bitch in front of his son, and sometimes other names. He also makes fun of me in front of his son. He will also say derogatory things about women in general in front of him. The child is too young to understand. However I think this is all appalling and completely inappropriate to do. There have been times my boyfriend has yelled at me loudly/harshly in front of his kid too, and his kid runs to my side almost in an effort to protect me because he sees the hurt in my face. 

I have told him several times now to stop all of this and how dare he do this. He says ok sorry. Then does it again like it's nothing. He does not care. I'm about to leave him. 

BethAnne's picture

Leave this jerk. Not sure why you would stay with someone who would treat you this way. This is not normal or healthy in private or in front of a kid. Partners should be supportive and loving not derogatory and abusive. 

hereiam's picture

Look, this guy doesn't respect you, doesn't respect women, probably doesn't respect people in general. This is something that is already ingrained in him, for whatever reason (the way he was raised, his role models, his family situation, personality disorder, whatever). He is unlikely to change, it is who he is.

Do yourself a favor and get out of this relationship, respect yourself enough to get out. Now.

Rags's picture

There is no sorry in this. He is not sorry and you know it. So... grow some lady balls, get in touch with some testicular fortitude and boot this POS from your life.  No real man would ever speak to his mate in that manner. And no woman of character would tolerate it.

Be a woman of  character. Do not tolerate it.

That this little boy is cursed by this assholes shallow and polluted gene pool is sad.  But... not your problem.

Re-read your original post.  What would you say to that person if you were the one reading it and providing advice?

Move on, live your life and live it well.  Living well is the best revenge against toxic POS people.

Take care of you.

ndc's picture

I hope "about to leave him" means today.  Your boyfriend sounds like a lousy father, a lousy human being and an unacceptable boyfriend/partner.  Don't put up with his abuse.

Katoglow's picture

Yep yep. Bye bye. Asshole.

Letti.R's picture

He needs to be an EX BOYFRIEND.
You need to find some self-respect.
That is ALL.

Annoyed1's picture

Why would you be with someone who has such little respect for you? Please, have enough respect fr yourself and leave this loser. I'd rather be alone than put up with that kind of treatment.

MoonGazer's picture

Your feelings that you want to leave are completely valid. Do it ASAP so it doesnst get harder. That is verbal abuse. 

Well This Isn't Fun's picture

There is literally no reason for you to be in this relationship. You need to work on your self esteem because no one should tolerate being treated that way, with a child around or not.