You are here

Tired of SS 16

Mercdz's picture

I live with SS 16 fulltime for almost 4 years now. I tried to spark up our conversations, tried to cook something he likes, helped with homeworks, be present in parent conference to support him.

I am really tired of living with him. It was supposed to be two years to live with him and he goes to his bio-mom, but he didn't want to live with his own mom. So I ended up with him.

In the last 4 years, there were many incidents that eventually build up a wall between us. I am not getting into the details of those incidents, but I started to pull myself and do less and less for SS.

Now he is 16 and trying to get a job, but he is sooooooo lazy. I only see him in laying on his bed all the time. He doesn't go outside other than to school or hang out with his friends. On Sunday afternoon, I cannot bare to stay in the same house,(My husband is at work), I had to come to food court just to get outside.

Because of my husband's work, we had to move often. I know its good for him to stay in the school he is at now and graduate here rather than going back to his mom.
But can I do another 2 years? I am telling myself, it's just two more years and he is out, but I can only see the next two years, we just live like college roommate. We have dinner together but we do not talk. I know it is not healthy situation, but I simply cannot bring myself even to ask how his day was.

I only cook dinner for him because on weekends he doesn't get up till afternoons. I asked him numerous time to say "ok" or "I am coming" or something at all, when I call him for dinner. He continuously ingores my request. I talked to my husband. He says I take care of it, but he goes to his room to get him so that SS doesn't have to respond to me at all. I feel like its defeating a whole purpose to ask him to say something when he is called.

I really don't want anything to do with him anymore.

notasm3's picture

So don't do anything for him anymore. Feel free to ignore him too.

Do not do anything inherently mean or cruel to him - but just ignore him.

In this case "Ignore the bore".

Stepped in what momma's picture

Is your DH planning on kicking out the kid when he is 18? Why do you think you only have 2 years left?