You are here

"SD is mommy's twin!"

AJanie's picture

If I had a dime for every time someone declared "she looks just like her mom!" or "she is a mini version of her mom!" when we are out with SD... I would be wealthy (well, we would probably end up giving half of it to BM... but I digress)...

Last time on of DH's friends said that I honestly blurted out "ew, don't say that, please... I try to forget..." (SD was out of ear shot, I am not THAT evil). The guy looked mortified, oh well.

Is it just me or... is that kind of a bizarre proclamation to make as the step mother stands their awkwardly? It makes me want to fucking vomit. Like, THINK it, but maybe don't say it?

I guess maybe I am being way oversensitive.

hereiam's picture

My SD looks just like DH. BM hates it but SD is glad, as BM is not
attractive.

I don't think anybody means anything by it and they probably don't think of it as something that would bother you. Just a fact caused by biology.

Suemm44's picture

SD is like mommy twin.
I got one of those !!!!!!! Too!!!!!!
Except people try to impress me by saying DH has great kids.
Obviously, they don't know them well.
And they are dismayed by my stink face that comes automatically LOL !!!
Mines 24 yrs old , how about you ?

robin333's picture

Both SS and SD have DH'S eyes- size, shape, color. Otherwise, I would wonder (not really, BM only likes sex to get pregnant).

ncgal1980's picture

I have a slight variation on this. SS9 talks EXACTLY like BM...pitch, tone, inflection, EVERYTHING. If I closed my eyes and just listened I'd swear BM was standing right in front of me, talking. It spooks the hell out of me to hear him talk. It makes my skin crawl.

BM is pushing 40 but talks like a valley girl teeny bopper, and so does SS9. It makes me want to punch or stab something every time he opens his stupid mouth.

CatVedo's picture

I have this issue as well. It really sucks since BM is the second worst human pb the earth (aside from SS BM who reigns in at#1). She has willingly been in and out of SD life for 5 years, she will see her a couple weekends then we won't hear from her for a year, it has broken SD heart and formed a wedge between SD and I. I think the constant reminder guests her just as much as it hurts me. I will never understand how a person could treat their own child that way.

CLove's picture

I saw this - it was posted over a month ago, but I was just ruminating on this topic today.

Whinona SD18 looks almost identical to her father (who is very handsome and has AMAZING lips - better than the kardashians!) but her eyes and cheekbones are her mothers. Her personality is her mothers too. They talk really fast in a high dramatic pitch, she is selfish and lazy and mean, dirty and aggressive.

Munchkin, unfortunately looks like her mother. She is "chunky" where her mother is obese, and she has the face of her mother. But the great news is she is like her father in personality - meticulous, clean, organized, sweet-natured and loving, kind as well as generous and intelligent.

So I have the worst of one and the best of the other, and its all switched around...