You are here

I finally did it.

Jane1Doe's picture

Around Christmas I just knew we were in deep trouble. I made one last ditch effort to sort our problems. I called a sitter, got dolled up and planned a casual dinner and pool, so we could talk, be a couple for a moment. He seemed disinterested and bored. He then tells me that he invited his friends to play poo I'll with us. This was our first solo date out in months. He had just played pool his friends last weekend. It pissed me off royally, and put me in a sour mood, even though I had to be polite to the guests, as they were ignorant to the pretenses of which they were invited under. It was insufferable to have to smile when I wanted to cry out of frustration.

Nothing got solved.  I was beginning to get depressed, and even began wondering if I worth anything. I felt trapped, I needed to stay with baby to protect her. But from what? That was a red flag that that was just an instinct I had. Other instances that broke the camel's back:

• yelling at BMs underage and HOMELESS sisters, while laughing it up with their addict parents. He was being so mean to them. He told the 9 year old take a shower and then take the trash out in 23° degree weather! He got mad when I tried to do it for her, and even when I tried to put a hat and coat on her. I felt so scared of him that I couldn't lift my head. 

•Not telling me food was laced. I ended up having a seizure that went on and off for two hours. I asked him inbetween fits of coherence to call for a medic, and at one point, I wanted to call my mom one last time to tell her I loved her, because it felt like my brain had collapsed. He refused to call, and said they'll laugh at you, don't call. 

•I recently decided to attend graduate school for my masters! It's a great program in another state. He told me that I WILL be commuting back and forth every weekend. A 12 hour drive. Every. Weekend. 

•a few of the last times were intimate, he denied my request to implement certain contraceptions. I had to ask about 6 times. Unacceptable. 

• He started telling the baby that "Mommy has been messing up a lot lately". You shouldn't bring a child into adult business.

•I came to see baby on a platonic visit, and he "teased" that at least I could have made his bed and got dinner started if I was going to sit in the house with Baby. We were playing, that's all i was there for. Baby. 

To be honest, I thought my world was going to crumble. Who was I without him? Surely there was a hell that awaited me for breaking up our family. But that box just kept getting smaller. He told me I would work from home, and he kept begging to have a baby. I honestly believe he tried to impregnate me to keep a hook in.

But guys, I haven't been this happy for months. Years. I felt so guilty for being happy. But my work got stronger, I slept better, the bags under my eyes are gone. I'm smiling almost every day. It feels right. Like it's supposed to be this way. I do miss Baby, terribly so. That's just a tricky part to navigate. Any contact is a gateway to him getting me down there or begging me to stay. 

But the world looks so open. And I have faith in my future again, I feel confident and at peace. 

Siemprematahari's picture

Keeping moving forward and never look back.

Wishing you all the love, peace, & happiness in the world!

SteppedOut's picture

You need to stay away from this manipulative, controlling prick. 

Cut all ties. Now. Forever. 

Losing the relationship with his child may be hard at first, but it is necessary. He is/will try to use that relationship to get control back. 

Wrong Way Diva's picture

What do you mean by this?   He poisoned you by putting drugs or something you are allergic to in your food?   

Run and don't look back!   You are so much better on your own, than with this loser.

Jane1Doe's picture

He gave a brownie as a feel better gesture. I assumed it was a normal piece of food. After about 20 minutes it felt like my ears were ringing. Then it felt like I had electricity in my chest, and I couldn't feel my limbs. I asked what was going on, because it began to frighten me. He said he didn't feel anything, because he and his best friend had one as well, so I must be allergic or something. That's when my conciousness started going. I didn't feel like I was in my body, and it got difficult to move. We had agreed to watch the eclipse, and I made it outside and just watched, until I completely lost my eye sight, and then my legs went. I came to with him trying get me inside and I was apparently freaking out. I ping pinged between nausea and head pains. Then the tremors started, I lost all control of my limbs and spine and blacked out. Came to again on the bathroom floor with him staring at me, I knew something was not right so I asked him to call a medic, he laughed at me and told me that they wouldn't help and I shouldn't reach out to my mom either. I just needed to sleep off. I kept asking what's happening. He just kept saying "it will wear off". I was so afraid that I wasn't going to wake up. And then I blacked out again and had another tremor episode. I woke up the next morning, sore, with a headache, I had bit my tongue and I just felt horrible. 

Maria10's picture

I am so happy for you! Go to school and get a good man.

He's a nasty a** and a totally abusive situation! 

Could call CPS and report him. No baby should be exposed to that. 

Rags's picture

Cut all contact. Someday you will have your own children with a man of character rather than this toxic druggy asshole.

Sadly his child will struggle with the influence of that shallow and polluted gene pool for life.  You can't help without sacrificing yourself.  Don't do it.

Go to grad school... far .... far ... away and never look back.

CLove's picture

Good for you, the world is a bigger place than that absolute pos. Sorry you had to lose "baby", but you gained your life back. It sounds like he was using you and now that you have grown beyond him, he will try to put you down, to bring you back to the place where you thought you didnt matter.

I read your previous posts and am about to cry! But this story has a happy twist, as you are now free to be yourself. Hopefully you have taken these lessons and can apply them to any new relationships. You are still young enough to find a really nice guy, and start a family of your own. Forget about this dude - he sounds abusive, cruel, manipulative. He charmed you and now is a total narcississtic jerk. Good riddance.

And you should keep posting - we are here to listen if you need a dose of high fives.