You are here

Father's Day

chocolatelover's picture

By the time father's day rolls around I will have been with SO for 4 months. I don't know the protocol for father's day for a man I'm not married to and have no children with. I'd like to acknowledge the fact that he's a great dad, unless that's weird. Forgive me for being clueless here :?

What do you all do? Did you do anything early on in your relationship? SO's son is 2 and doesn't go to daycare, so he won't be bringing home anything homemade from daycare/school.

chocolatelover's picture

Thanks for the ideas Smile

2 is fun... and challenging Smile I swear this child hit his terrible 2s on his 2nd birthday. He was the sweetest little boy and then BAM- raging, evil little 2 year old. Well, he alternates being a devil-child with being ridiculously fun. I've got a bag of tricks up my sleeve though- my godson is 3 1/2 so I'm quite used to 2 year old boys Smile

Funny story- after SS went to bed on his birthday we watched the Terrible Twos episode of Dinosaurs- we could not stop cracking up at the similarities between that episode and the day we just had!

christinen's picture

I am married to my DH but we have no children together. Still, I either take SD5 out to pick something out for him or we make something. DH's birthday is only a few days before father's day so I normally buy a bday gift for her to give him, and then we make a father's day gift. In your situation, I think helping your SO's son make something for him would be a great idea!