You are here

Can't trust SD

MsMad's picture

Hi,

I don't know how common this is or if I'm over-reacting but I can't trust my SD. I would love to have a great relationship with her, but she steals from me, denies it and lies to me. I don't know what to do now, I've found my expensive , brand new makeup in her room today - which she denied having. She is 12 and does not have the money to buy these herself, nor do we have any local shops nearby that sell them so she couldn't have been out and bought her own.

I know I will get the excuses and be made as the baddy. This is following stealing my denim jacket, hiding it in her room and denying having it...

Pansy advice or similar experiences?

FEEL SO ANNOYED, ANGRY AND FRUSTRATED I do so much for her and try not to be a wicked step mum. Is anything worth it?! Don't know why I try or bother with her at times. She treats me like a doormat.

oneoffour's picture

I think you could tell her that you should both sign a contract not to take/borrow each others stuff without asking. Get DH to witness it.

Or else take your stuff back and something of hers. When she or DH say something just tell them that "Well as I find my makeup and clothes in her room all the time I thought we were sharing everything now. Want to borrow my undies/knickers?"

"I don't know" is a cop-out excuse. OK so it is a form of flattery that she thinks your things are cool enough to 'borrow'. But just tell DH that every time she borrows something of yours he will be replacing it.

uofarkchick's picture

You dared to say the "N" word to the step brats? That horrible dirty word NO? You horrible woman! Gosh, how selfish of you to expect common decency. Some people...

Cover1W's picture

We have advised you before to LOCK UP YOUR THINGS. If you can't fix it and your DH won't, it easy to Box and lock stuff up. I've done it and still do it. I didn't ask anyone's permission. Why are you not locking things up.

Rags's picture

Paddle meet theiving lying Skid ass!!!!! Lather, rinse, repeat. No tolerance. Put locks on everything, put up webcams and when she steals take a paddle to her butt.

Major Blunder's picture

DW and I put a lock on our bedroom door a long time ago due to her oldest diamond encrusted gift from god was stealing from us, now we just keep it that way for the younger one, I wouldn't trust either one any further than I could throw them, which is literally not far at all.

MsMad's picture

Years on - th3 trust, stealing and lies continue (stealing it I accidentally forgot to put my things away).  I have learned to live locking things away and that’s life now.  Either that, i live with things being taken and grief, or I leave.  For the price of it, I will lock my things away

im partially disengaged and happy when she’s not here.