You are here

Would any of you be peeved to have a Two nite visit from the in laws (DH parents) sprung on you with less than 24 hrs notice?

LostinSpaceandTime's picture

They are coming for a two night visit TODay! The reason for their visit is to bring a new computer to convicted criminal MSD . They are driving four + hours to deliver it in person to the ungrateful bi%#€£. I am not spending the day that I need to be reading for school, cleaning the house or getting the guest area set up! DH can do it when he gets home from work.

I wrote most of this rambling last night when I was too peeved to sleep. Even after a sleeping pill.:
I am saddened by all the stories I read that could all be written by the same hand.

I know I need to stop checking the phone and email of DH. I am still compelled to do so. He locked his phone a month ago. But I cracked the code one day when he left it home from work. We had a very bad argument the night before and part of the issue was the constant disruption of him on his cell phone checking work email or getting texts from the skids. I said I did not trust him since he locked his phone and hid their texts from me. Of course we were fighting about his daughters. I knew from the phone record online that the one D had texted him a lot the day of her court sentencing. He tried to say it was just brief messages telling him what happened. I said if they aren't so bad then let me see them. His paraphrasing in the past always left out if they were calling me names. So he turned away and was fiddling with his phone and then started off by showing me some from the other daughter. The log on his phone for the middle daughter was empty. He had deleted them. So I know they were bad. And I know he lied to me. She may have been threatening to kill me again for all I know. So it was a very bad arguement and he slept on the couch. He left his phone here the next day and I guessed the code.
So I feel better that I have that control of being able to see what is going on. But bad that I have to spy to do it.

I'm peeved tonight because his folks are coming up to stay for two nites with us so they can bring a computer they brought for the criminal step daughter. She claims she can do her work online if only she had a computer, since after her conviction for Insurance fraud and identity theft she lost her professional job as a speech therapist in a nursing home. So now she is not communicating with my DH except infrequently to bitch at him, ask for something or rag on me. Or guilt trip him since his bitchwife kicked her out and he let me. But she will contact her granddad and cry poor me enough to get a new computer out of the deal. He will probably pay for the Internet too.

I am peeved about the short notice of the folks visit. DH will have to clean and set up the guest bed tomorrow after work. I don't plan to do anything. They are not coming to see me. I have a ton of reading to do for school and some things to organize for work from home.
I have such post traumatic stresses left over from that bitch being in my house for five weeks shunning me and trashing me to everyone that the mention of anything to do with her freaks me out.

Before hearing about the spontaneous visit of the folks we were having a nice weekend. Almost felt like old times. Even went on a hike to see some waterfalls today. Was feeling good. So maybe there is hope.

His daughters are still not allowed at our house. And that is not something that will change anytime soon. So maybe this year I can enjoy the holidays.

For Facebook I blocked the whole lot of them except for FIL . I do not even have my DH as a friend. He used to go thru my account to see his grandchildren photos on there. When the MSD was here he wanted to bring her up to look at them on my computer. I said no. She can't have access to my account even to look at the photos. After that I set him up one of his own. And have never friended him. He brings it up from time to time but I will not waiver.

So it is back to being a spy and hoping all stays quiet. And if it doesn't I will just have to go from there. It is bad when the cover gets blown and it is back to being completely in the dark.

Poor DH told me that he has told his dad that he hopes one day his daughters and I will get along. After they apologize to me of course. Let him have his dream. It ain't going to happen.

I did have a stepmother though I never called her that since I was almost grown when they married when I was 17. Only a year after the divorce from my mom. I never would have treated her the way I have been treated. My dad would have put me out the door if I tried. I didn't really like the woman, she talked nonstop about her life and kids and my dad could never get a word in edgewise. But I never would have said that i didnt like her to my dad. Not like DH older daughter did about me with him on his public wall on Facebook. And even though the best times I have had with talking to my dad have been after she passed. I would still never disrespect her.

The grown skids I am dealing with are just vicious. Their parents were divorced long before I came along. Guess they don't want their dad to have a life and be happy. So sad indeed.

Holly T's picture

Oh my MIL has just drove over and walked in without me even knowing about it
Tried to get my BS and DIL to tell her something about my marriage

LostinSpaceandTime's picture

And you don't have to pull any punches when discussing them. Don't pretend that the criminal is anything but a criminal. Anyone who is into fraud and identity theft at a nursing home is really low. Lower than pig shit. And you don't have to pretend otherwise.
You are so right newwife3.

To clarify a few things. Her conviction was for insurance fraud and identity theft for a claim she tried to fill out in her own BM 's name! the legal proceedings drug on from March when she was arrested to Oct when sentenced. She got a criminal mischief conviction, a misdemeanor. She lost her job at the nursing home she has only been there since May.
We also learned that she had committed bad check fraud in her own name and also opened an account in her estranged husbands name and forged his signature for bad checks to about $11,000. The credit union bank caught it and is making her pay it back. I wish they had filed charges. She also frauded her employer and all of us tax paying citizens. She had a job where she did home visits for speech therapy for ages children thru the elderly. Medicare and medicaid were footing her paycheck on those claims. She would lie and say she did the visit, to the extent of filling in the patient reports. To the tune of over $5000! The company caught her, she lost her prof work. Lic in that state. They are making her pay that back or face proscicution.

So now I guess she is trying to get a job doing speech therapy by webcam on the Internet.
Saffron , the grandparents bought the computer and drove up to give it to her in person. They met at a diner. The hovel that she lives in as far as I know would not be suitable for the "guilty gramp" exchange. I am sure it is a pig sty. Like how she lived in my garage for five weeks.

I am going to start seeing a counselor. I need to work some of this out. I am angry, resentful, sad, depressed, etc.
The folks visit as much as we saw them went ok. I just feel like an outsider and that there is a large pile of elephant dung in the room when I am around them. Then OSD called DH at about 9:30 and he went in the next room to talk to her and I could tell something was up. He would not tell me what it is.

I am sad, I want to leave it all behind. Internal fight or fight meter is on thefritz.
DH peeved me off tonight because after his dad bought us dinner DH wanted to go to thephonestore to trade in his phone. I ran an errand at wallyworld and was ready to pick him up. He had given back his iPhone for credit. But did not transfer his photos. Or make sure things were deleted from the phone. Spur of the moment thing while his parents go back to our house. We get home after 9 pm. Then he spends the rest of the time fiddling with the new phone. So rude.

Texas_Pete's picture

Yes,, I would be peeved.. Kids from both sides are welcome but I want more notice.. I know its hard to believe but Daddy/step-daddy has a life that doesnt involve them now that their grown..

young_step_mom's picture

Are you kidding?!? I would be f*ing pissed if DH did this to me! I work 8 to 9 or 10 or 11 depending on how much work we have at the store and I still have to get home and write tests, plan a class, look up activities, grade papers etc for my other job. It is exhausting! I can barely find the time to shower and cook, much less clean and there is no way I am having people over w out previous warning to I can clean up. DH is forever inviting MIL or FIL to dinner on Saturdays but I work Saturdays until 3 and have NO time to clean up if they are coming at 5. DH and I split the house, he has to clean the living room, dinning room, SS's room and the upstairs bathroom. If his part of the house isn't clean by Friday night we are NOT having people over. That way, even if he doesn't mention anything to me, I know he wants to have someone over if I see him cleaning like crazy Friday night.,

hippiegirl's picture

It HAS happened to me, and YES I was pissed. Only I think I got 2 hours notice, dinner was already in the oven! Luckily, it happened to be a roast, so it fed everyone. I know what you mean, though. Rude with a capital R.

lucy51's picture

My husband could never say no to his kids visiting and they tended to stay as long as they wanted with us feeding and waiting on them. Now that he's gone, I've instituted boundaries, probably for the first time in their lives. The worst case I remember was just after my father died. I had been spending long periods of time in another state to help my mother and siblings while he was in a nursing home, completely demented, and they were trying to push us out. He finally died at home under the care of hospice from a medical condition. One day after I returned, exhausted, his daughter just had to come for a high school reunion, bringing her toddler and expecting us to babysit. It was one of the worst fights I ever had with my husband. She didn't even have the courtesy to acknowledge my father's death. Really grateful all of that is over.

Mindygirl1's picture

I have learned that "If you go looking for trouble - you will find it". I don't understand your need to break the code in his phone and look through it. That is an invastion of privacy. Yet you hold you FB account so close that you won't let anyone even look at pictures on it. If you already know the skids don't like you then I don't see why you need to get more validation of that by going through emails. I understand why your husband would sleep on the couch... Your husband is not paying attention to how badly his kids behave because you are causing his anger to be focused on you. His parents act like normal grandparents and feel that love and attention will somehow change this girls behavior. That is what grandparents do. Stupid or not they do this. You need to disengage and stop the teenage behavior of spying. You cannot change how other beave but you can certainly change how you react to it. Don't get caught up in the drama. You will notice a big improvement in your marriage when you learn to stay out of the drama. Your husband will see a different you... Your Skids are not going away - you just need to learn to act as if they have....

Mindygirl1's picture

Also..sorry that you are feeling so bad....therapy would help you get those feelings out. You just have to realize this is not your problem. I have been in your shoes for 9 years now. I learned to disengage over 6 years ago. I realize I am now free from the craziness...