You are here

Woo Hoo! DD and I have another date set to go look at houses!

shes driving me crazy in my retirement's picture

Well, that one I liked fell through because the heirs did not want to negotiate price at all and it was overpriced at what they were asking.

So, looking at more info from agent and DD and I have another date set later this month to go look at more homes. Her husband is once again coming to stay with DH - DD doesn't want to drive the long way here on her own and I can't blame her. Thus her hubby will help keep Twit away.

Meanwhile, Twit is getting more and more desperate as can be heard in her voice when she calls and leaves message. Interestingly, sometimes she starts off nicely and then goes into a triad against us. It seems she is, oh so distressed because Drunkie's court date is this month and she is trying to get it postponed (again) but the lawyer has not done it yet, and that the lawyer is an idiot and everyone involved in the arrest of the drunkie is LYING, LYING I tell you. The court is against her, boo hoo, hoo. Yep, this we get just from her messages and pleading with DH to call her back, which he hasn't.

This carp and yet most messages are never heard by us as when we see it is her it just gets deleted.

My only concern is, from past experience, when Twit gets upset, isn't getting her way, etc.; she has to lash out at someone....hurt someone....because it makes her feel that she is in control, at least of that. Right now, I imagine she is feeling very out of control of things because she can't control the court system as she has for the past 19 months.

I am battening down the hatches for a real bad storm coming from Twit. I hope not, but if she runs true to form, I expect at least a class 7 hurricane from her.

sandye21's picture

Good luck, SDM. Hope you find the right house this time. At least you have battened down the hatches for hurricane Twit. Whatever you do, please keep yourself safe. It sounds like she is ready to lose her lawyer out of stupidity. I just wonder if she can control herself in the courtroom.

Oh Sandye - You can bet she is just maligning the attorney to everyone and anyone that will listen, but not to him. And, the attorney is her son's attorney, she is just paying the bills. Attorney told her to settle 17 months ago.

Gonna be interesting. The courts et. al are not at all what you see on tv. Nor do lawyers go to bat, in a drunk driving case, as portrayed in movies. She is, IMHO, in for a rude, expensive awakening that seeing as just the original fine, without all the court costs she has incurred, not to say legal fees which aren't cheap, is over $10,000 might well drive her over the edge. My guess is that from the pre-trials, discovery, earlier court date, conferences, etc. she is already way over that $10,000 mark in just the lawyer fees. That in itself shows how controlling and stupid she can be.

Maybe I better raise the Twit alarm to a cat. 10 (is there one that high?) 'Cause you and I both know she is going to go totally bonkers if things don't go her way. She wants Drunkie off the DUI charge with only reckless driving (a misdemeanor) and no suspension of his license because he hasn't had his license since it was taken away all those months ago. Umm, I believe the court won't care because it was Drunkie's (through Mama Twit who controls all) to drag this on, and on.

In her "magical" thinking she believes this store receipt which shows that Drunkie purchased the booze at 7:05 a.m., right after the store was allowed to sell it, and then drove off the road and was found at about 7:30 give or take and had a level of twice over the legal limit. Her claim is that Drunkie had to drink to stay warm (even though the car was still running). Yeah, right. Only someone with a problem goes out looking for booze at that time in the morning

Powerfamily's picture

I hope you find you new home this time, and you can move ASAP away from twit. And hopefully before twit's son case goes to court because I fear she will get a lot worse if he goes to prison, fined and you are still not communicating with her.

Is there a point where the courts in America refuse any more delays and just get on with the case, and do they take the delaying tactics into account when sentencing.

Thanks Power. Unfortunately our getting out of town before the Twit explodes won't happen Sad Sad

From what I found out about the DUI laws here, a DUI is a criminal offense and cannot, by state law, be reduced to a non-criminal offense/misdemeanor as Twit wants. In fact, if her attorney is telling them that, then he is misleading them BUT my guess is that Twit hears only what she wants to hear. Hence when the offer was made for probation, $10,000 fine (based on BAC) and court cost, with a 180 license suspension and no jail time, Twit turned it down. She doesn't want to pay the $10,000 fine for Drunkie along with the court costs. Go figure. Twit stated she wants the charges reduced to reckless driving which is a misdemeanor. Umm, can't happen in this state.

Also, in this state, if you are behind the wheel of the car, keys in ignition...running or not and drunk, you will be ticketed for a DUI if you are drunk. Thus the Twit excuse that Drunkie was only drinking to keep warm in the cold weather isn't going to fly at all. Heck, he lost control of the car and ran off the road! The courts have heard it all. And Twit even told DH that Drunkie admitted that he started drinking in the parking lot of the store he bought the booze at. Boy, if it were me, I would find it tough but I would let the Drunkie take the punishment and come up with his own lawyer fees et. al. All she is doing is enabling him.

Oh, well, Drunkie is not my problem, though she did have us chasing around for him a few times because, even after having his license pulled, the DUI, and being in the process, he was still drinking. I am curious as to just how all this will play out with Twit and I do feel sorry for the Drunkie as he is not getting the help he really needs.