You are here

Why do I try???

Terry Bear's picture

So in a brief recap; I have a DH who's ex is still in love with him, they have 2 kids together, she has always tried to split us up but now that one of said kids is married the drama has basically become a life long game for her and now the kids are playing it even harder including new sdil and her mother. Yeah me, NOT..

So now we find out that the wedding was planned to make me feel like a outcast ( she designed to have DH and ex close so there could be pictures with both in the same shot), and that there was several hands in the mix. The pastor (which I have told you all about) the ex (of course) and the MOTB...... As some may recall I was supposed to suck it up and forgive SS and SDIL, hard pill to swallow, and I can't! They came up and gave us their version, well the SDIL gave us her version, which again sounded like a pile of crap.. But my DH told them straight away that I am not to be treated like this EVER again. The SS had absolutely nothing to say. No apology, nothing. Sat there smug as if he knew something I did not know. Anyway, I am over the wedding crap and do not want to keep reliving it.

So on to the next phase where the other SS 19 moved in with us and his drama started 15 minutes after he walked in the door.DH had sat him down and told him we were not going to have any EX drama and that he needed to act like a grown up. Well, he brought 2 hefty bags of laundry (dirty) when he came. I did said laundry because 1) I did not want him to intentionally break my machines. Just to give you a idea that was the first week in August and not one item has been washed since.. The room is a dump, food and drink bottles and bags everywhere e cig stuff everywhere, lego's EVERYWHERE...... He got a job the first week he got here, takes a shower everyday (SHOCKING) to go to work, but the last two weeks he has gone to work 4 days out of the time he is supposed to go which is only 4 -10 hour a day each week.. This is frustrating to me, because that means he is up all night with tv going, in and out the house without locking the door, drinking coffee and leaving coffee grounds in my sink, does not pick up his things and basically just acts as though I am speaking to myself when I tell him that he needs to be responsible.. Then I find out that his SDad has been the one with insurance on him since he was little (we covered him on Military but she refused to use it) and so the surgery that the Ex had to call my DH about every week (for 3 months) during the time I was stuck in another state while my husband was here where we moved to was a lie.... She never got the surgery done, nor scheduled it but was calling to get hubby to pay for it because it wasn't covered (but was).... Just another lie from her to talk to DH.. Oh and the whole fight thing in May that I mentioned... Another lie.. If you have a fight with someone and they physically hurt you, I am quite sure you are not going to get on the phone with that person and say (yes ma'am, no ma'am, I love you) in a baby voice to said person. Or is this just a made up world in my head where you act like you are in love with your parent..... While telling others that you hate their guts and wish them dead... Which is the story I get told... I could go all day on things that make me ill going on that I can not seem to get fixed in my home right now.

On another note, all of a sudden the other married SS has now decided that he wants time with his Dad and has made arrangements for the two of them to do things alone, and does not want anyone else present. Is this another set up for a meet up with the EX?? Who knows.. It sucks having a marriage where you have to keep secrets to see your kids that would destroy your marriage... I know this is how my husband feels.. But it sucks that they would put him in these positions to have to lie. Either way... I am about sick of all of this.. Just need to vent and remember that I have to work harder to get myself in a better position than feeling like this every single day... Thanks for listening and the advice girls!!!

sandye21's picture

SS19 needs to be informed of house rules, such as cleaning up after himself, or he needs to go. Period. As far as private time between other SS and DH, tell DH he can take SS19 along and the three of them can have a good old time unless it interferes with ANYTHING you have planned - and if the ex appears. Inform DH if he doesn't leave if ex appears you will be having private time with an old boyfriend.

ldvilen's picture

My opinion. It's up to your husband to decide if he wants to go or not or see SKs outside of your home, as sandye21 said above. If you trust your husband, and it sounds like you do, then you can trust him to suddenly leave if BM shows up or anything funky starts to go down. Re: adult SK in your home, I'd be working real hard on getting DH to do something about that, as in sending him packing back to his mommy. But, the main thing is to communicate with your husband what your expectations are, because your expectations and comfort matter just as much as your husband's, especially in both of yours home.

BUT, I remember something about this. What about BM's husband? Seems like there is some odd deal there. What does he think/do about all of this? If I remember right, BM cheated on her ex- (your husband), got divorced, married this other guy, and now she and family want your husband back even tho. BM is still married to some other guy? I can certainly see that going on, and I have certainly heard worse. In my situation, BM did remarry but since divorced husband #2. There is a whole other layer that is added when the BM is single, I can tell you that. The SKids doubly expect mom and dad to hangout together at events, like they are still a couple/married. It almost sounds like that is what is going on here, even tho. BM is remarried?! AND, that is what makes me curious, what does her husband have to say about this? Seems like her current husband is being very lead on if that is the case? AND, what will her current husband do when he finds out? I think both you and your DH should be keeping quite a distance from all of that, if anything, for safety.

Terry Bear's picture

**BM is still married to some other guy?

Yes!

** What about BM's husband? Seems like there is some odd deal there. What does he think/do about all of this?

From what I understand is, the BM has crying fits and he can't seem to figure out why she is so unhappy.(He did not know that she was married when they were cheating** But DH said she did it twice so yes he knew**) (According to SDIL he thinks they have a great christian marriage and that BM is totally against the way my DH lives his life. (But in secret she tells SDIL that she has to live with her mistake every day of her life and that her marriage to my DH was a fairytale life. She says she could not leave current husband until the daughter was old enough to understand (child just turned 12)... I do not believe he has a clue that she has been plotting to leave him since the day they married. (I do know this for a fact because I was there at my DH apartment when she called the night she married said husband.)

So basically she is wanting to leave but does not want it to upset the childs life. But she also does not want to look bad to her husbands family because they are people of money.

**It almost sounds like that is what is going on here, even tho. BM is remarried?!

She has been married since a year after she left my DH

**I think both you and your DH should be keeping quite a distance from all of that, if anything, for safety.

Considering she mimics what I do in my life, we are well beyond the whole safety issue.

Examples;

I wanted a sports car (no specifics) she went out and got the exact car.
I went back to school ... She went back to school.
I went on diet, she went all out on gym and dieting.
I wanted a certain ring for christmas, she got that ring...
I grew my hair out, she grew her hair out.
I actually listen to a lot of different music, she listens to christian music now she listens to the same stuff I listen to.
I used to line dance A LOT, she is wanting to come to where I live to now learn how to do this (info from SDIL just this past christmas)
I started researching log cabins , guess who is now trying to buy a log cabin....

I could go all day on the things she mimics about me, yet this same person can not say my name or acknowledge the fact I am married to DH. But she can criticize me to her kids and people in her town. So safety, yeah its always on my mind because I watch shows on ID channel that show what happens when people are obsessed with being with other people. I know the risks and I am not taking cray woman with a grain of salt LOL But I will say, none of the people I have had to deal with tell the truth, so take that into account with my situation. It is like I have to investigate just to find a true statement... And remember these are all christians, to go to church and preach about how they are the true christians... I shutter to think of the burdens God has just dealing with all these situations and the truth tellers... I hope he has a good tylenol LOL

My DH said she is delusional. By the way she has been to so many churches I can't count because she disagrees with the pastors at all of them. The last one she left was this christmas because in the spirit of the holiday , they put up a christmas tree and she felt it was disrespectful to christians to put Santa things in a house of worship because Santa is fictitious and had no place in a church. I can see if they had santa in their, but they had a tree with lights and basic decorations and she flipped out on the pastor...

Yes, this is what I deal with. It is her way, or no way. She tries to control everything, even down to what we watch in our house.. Do I feel like my husband wants her back....... NO WAY.. If someone gave you breath and then told you that you could no longer have breath would you choose no breath?? No, he would never go back to being controlled.. He likes his life just the way it is, I don't think anything could change that LOL

ldvilen's picture

"My DH said she is delusional." He is wa-a-y right. She has some big issues. Personally, I don't even think she plans on divorcing her husband. I think she is just enjoying the plotting and manipulating and having no problem pulling in her own children. I think the kids think they are protecting her, when in reality, she needs professional help and they are just enabling her. Yeah, I think both you and your DH and your kids should stay clear of that fiasco.

Terry Bear's picture

I do not plan on being near her anytime soon. Just the thought of her craziness drives me nuts LOL

Terry Bear's picture

By the way, I think my toilet needs scrubbing with a certain tooth brush LOL Or is that just too mean LOL