You are here

What's the chances of no freak out?

ETexasMom's picture

What are the chances of getting through my ODD's wedding without MSD freaking out? DH and biofather are walking my daughter down the aisle. Super small wedding with just close friends and family. DD did not invite the steps. After MSD declared me and my children weren't family enough to be invited to Christmas my kids haven't had anything to do with them either.

I'm honestly worried MSD will try to start crap. I'm hoping since she's prego and having a long list of what she wants me to make her for the baby will keep her in check.

Little over a week to the wedding so we will see!

strugglingSM's picture

Weddings typically bring out the worst in people.

Does DH keep his daughters in check? If so, maybe she'll be quiet. If not, yeah, I'd expect some drama.

sandye21's picture

What really amazes me in so many of the posts on Stalk is that there is such a double standard. You are not invited to MSD's Christmas parties but you and your bios are just supposed to suck it up. You are not considered family until it is convenient for MSD. No wonder your DD doesn't want MSD at her wedding. Besides wanting to avoid the drama, your DD loves you enough that when she sees such a blatant lack of respect for her Mother she's not going to like it.

I wouldn't make anything for MSD. Let DH keep her in check. Maybe he should take it upon himself to explain to her why her presence in not wanted at the wedding and why you are no longer making things for her.

Rags's picture

Who cares what MSD gets her panties in a twist over. She disconnect so purge her from the family. If she tries to start crap... jerk a knot in her tail feathers and send her packing.

Enjoy barring her ass if she chooses to be toxic. }:)

Acratopotes's picture

make sure there's allot of photo's of DH walking DD down the isle.... and the dancing etc... make sure the skids sees it, who cares if they have melt downs.... if she has a major flip out you can always stop making things for the new baby.....

secret's picture

LOL some might say that's adding fuel to the fire and creating drama...

...but I didn't even invite my father for my wedding. I left him a voicemail in June giving him the date and time, and told him to give me a call if he'd like to come. He never called back - I never gave it a second thought.

I invited one stepsister, but not the other.

my wedding, my guests, the rest can suck it.