You are here

What would you tell your Step-mother?

Disillusioned's picture

For those of you who are also step-children with step-mothers in your lives, what would be the one thing you could say that she did to drive you away? What would be the one piece of advice you would give her for what she could have done to make things better?

simply_monica's picture

Honestly, I would thank her. Being a stepmom, I have seen the incredible difficulties that comes from being a stepmom. It is so hard to love children at an arm's distance away.

dontcallmestepmom's picture

She looks down on so many people. She is a snob. I don't understand how she wound up with my Dad, who was a factory worker his whole life. Her friends are so obnoxious my dad won't be around them.

I wish she would have been kinder and gentler, and not allowed her daughter to affect my relationship with my dad (long story).

For over 15 years, I have never disrespected this woman once. I am proud of that. She has not been easy.

texstep's picture

I personally have a good relationship with my step-mom. It wasn't always that way, i was delightful 15 year old mini-wife when they got married. Wink but as an adult looking back, i appreciate so much everything that she did and still does for me. She is truly an awesome person to have in my life.

RandomOne's picture

Surprisingly I have a great relationship with my step mom. My mom, dad and step mom get along and what's funny is that my mom's and I will go to lunch together sometimes. I try to use her approach when dealing with my step son but he is cut from a different cloth than I so its a much different dynamic. I would tell her thank you, for always respecting me and making me feel cared for. She is a great woman and I am lucky she is in my life.

Anon2009's picture

I would tell her that I pray for her and hope she finds peace. I wouldn't mention her attempts to pas me from my mom or gossip about us when she knew I heard her. I wouldn't mention how mean she is/has been to me, my dad or anyone else. She'd deny it all. Selective memory! But I'd try to convey to her that I do not wish her harm.