You are here

What happened to Forest Raine posts and thread?

shes driving me crazy in my retirement's picture

Just checked back here to read and notice that all the posts she made to my thread, and others, as well as the thread she started are gone! At least I can't find them. Anyone know?

Amber Miller's picture

Hi there. It is Forest Rayne. I am still here. I had to change my name because I wrote something that I was really worried about. I wanted to delete the post but because it was a response and not a blog, I couldn't delete it. In this particular post, I think I gave way too much information about my SD and some mistakes DH has made. It was in regards to something that happened a couple of years ago. What i wrote made my husband look really bad when he's truly a good man. It also crossed my mind that even though I was going by the name Forest Rayne (which I thought was a cool name because I love nature) that if anyone in my family came across this particular post that they would know it was me because of the specifics /content of what I wrote and it would cause a lot of drama and possibly really damage my marriage. I know it sounds paranoid but i wouldn't be surprised if it has happened to someone at one time where they wrote something horrible online thinking it was safe and someone in the family found it.I found this site by googling "I hate my stepdaughter". I thought "is it possible that my SD would google I hate my stepmother" and find this site? What I wrote was so horrible and private that I just wanted it removed and I couldn't remove it. It also made me look like a hateful person which I am not.
I just wanted to be on the safe side. Also, my husband was curious one day because I was spending a lot of time on my iPad posting on this site and he asked what I was engaging in because he knows I do not use Facebook. He never goes in my purse or checks my phone; he respects my privacy and i trust him but he knows about this site. He also knew i was calling myself Forest Rayne. I dont think he would ever go on here and see what i was writing but it occurred to me that he could and he'd be devastated if he read what I wrote about him. He is supportive of me engaging in this forum as it is very therapeutic for me. He knows I need an outlet and support from others and he didn't take offense when I said that I talk about my situation with SD. He knows she's been hard on me.
Thanks for asking about me. I really enjoy communicating with all of you. I just need to make sure before I post something the it is really something that I want to post. Also now I know that I cannot delete content unless its as blog that I started.
So, I had to give up my name and I will now go by Amber Miller. I miss my other name but I also now have the ability to be back and post without my DH knowing my name if he gets curious. No one in the family would ever connect me with the name Amber but they could figure out the name Forest. I learned a lesson about posting and being cautious.

Amber Miller's picture

Thank you catmom. I appreciate the feedback and support. I can't risk a big mistake like that. It's unfortunate that we can't delete our comments without loosing our name. Oh well, better safe than sorry. Have a great day!

Great Amber. Thought you were gone....

I saw your response to my post and figured that sounded like you but I wasn't sure. To me the tips were when you talked about your illness and your parents...made me wonder and in this case I was right.

Yeah, sometimes we can all blab too much. But we do it because we are hurting and need to get things out.

Sometimes I get concerned that if Twit ever found and read this site she would recognize herself, but guess I don't care. If the shoe fits....

Pilgrim Soul's picture

I am also concerned for my privacy and i just wanted to let you know that if you enter F.R. into Google, at the bottom of page 1 of all the results out there you see the link for this thread on ST where you explain what your new name is going to be.

Is there a way to delete the entire thread from ST?

Amber Miller's picture

Oh wow! Thanks for the information. It's unbelievable what computers can do. Have a good night and thanks again

Amber Miller's picture

Hi there. Good pick up; it's me. I just took it too far but it's helpful that you understand. My intuition told me that I have to be more covert in regards to my operating procedures. I just wish we could remove individual posts without having to delete the account. One time I started my own thread and I was able to delete that but when on another persons I couldn't. My SD is very suspicious of me and the recent accusations she made while screaming at her father tipped me off that I better be careful. Shes been known to hack into email accounts and smartphones so i know she is capable of finding this if she tried. I must sound so paranoid but i cant risk DH reading what i write. If she found anything on me she would immediately show daddy and i would be the bad guy as this girl can do no wrong I'm happy you figured out who I was as I enjoy communicating with you and others on this forum. It's been really helpful to share stories.

Me too. Glad for the explaination. When rereading my thread and responses it almost looks like I am talking to - well - no one since you removed your posts.

Glad you are back. That is what we are here for.

The privacy thingy is one reason I won't sign up for facebook.

Amber Miller's picture

Thank you for your kind words. That's exactly why I am not on Facebook either. Too much trouble. I tried it once and I had to deal with ex boyfriends from eons ago. Not fun! Glad to back. Thanks for your support!