You are here

what do you thing of parent and child wearing wedding like rings?

SugarSpice's picture

you can buy them online for mother and son, and mother and daughter.  i dont think they have them for father and son or daujghter.

they look like wedding bands simple silver or gold bands.

Sandybeaches's picture

It has to be the weirdest and craziest thing that I have ever heard!!!!!!!!!!!  It actually is disturbing on many levels!!

What is the point of the ring does it say anywhere? 

still learning's picture

It creates a whole other level of enmeshment and blurred boundary lines between parent and child. I think it's disturbing.  If the child is married to the parent then where does the actual spouse fit in?  Married people are expected to have sex and consumate the relationship. How exactly does a parent and child do this?  So many awkward questions.  

DHsfamilyfromhell's picture

It’s a bit gross, rings should be for actual wife not mini wife.

jam's picture

Personally I wouldn't like it one little bit. It's weird and adds to the problems a stepmom already deals with. Mini wife with a ring.

Seems that the mini wife moves into the position of the one with authority and the actual wife shifts down to a position of concubine.

No thank you.

Rags's picture

Incest anyone?

Nauseous shudder.      

Bad

sandye21's picture

Just yuck!

Harry's picture

you will never be number one in this relationship.  You will always be number two or three.  Not worth wasting your life over this guy

SugarSpice's picture

in no way did my dh and the sds wear these things.  i just happened to see them online.  its insane that there is even a market for that sort of thing.  fyi, when dh and i were married, the minister suggested necklaces (for girls) and a watch for the boy so they would feel a part of the ceremony.  looking back this was just so wrong on so many levels.  no wonder the girls grew to be self opinionated teens and young women with an inflated sense of self importance.  bio kids and skids need to respect the relationship between husband and wife.

Dovina's picture

Injecting the kids into a marriage ceremony only inflates their self importance in the marriage. Lucky you your wedding day included the skids. We eloped because I had visions that when we were about to say I do, adult SD would cry out "Dont do it daddy" Funny, not funny. That was a reoccuring nightmare! 

Its like the marriage of two people becomes the marriage of 4. It totally takes away from the couple.

My DH bought adult SD a new car shortly before our marriage  my guess it was to lessen his guilt. It was a  "sorry daddy is getting married " type of gift. 

sammigirl's picture

I have always wondered if my married SD would like it if I put myself into her marriage. 

I lived thru 2 SMs and actually never thought about putting my nose in my Father's private life.  I NEVER dared, he would have put me in my place on the spot.  

To wear rings, ugh!