You are here

What to do, what to do?!

BOHICA's picture

I'll try to keep this short...

I just got married six months ago to a guy I have known for 13 years. He has full custody of three kids (18yo Boy, 13yo Boy and 10yo girl) I have two kids of my own (13yo Boy and 11yo girl).
BIO mom of my SKids is a complete and total nutjob who is not in the picture...thank God!

Over the two years that we were dating/engaged, 18yo SKid came out with some crazy things; that he wants a sex change, that he was raped at the age of 8 by a high school boy, and that he's an aetheist. The oldest SKid has never had to face any type of responsibilities (in fact none of my SKids have had to) and they have always had everything given to them with no expectations of them to behave decently, etc...basically alot of guilt fathering I have had to undo with them. Believe it or not, our four younger kids really do get along well now that my two SKids realize that I don't play when it comes to discipline; my Bio kids told my Skids exactly how I operate :-).

Oldest SKid (the 18yo) STILL has no job and shows no signs of trying to get one. Hell, he never has been required to do anything for himself all these years! He will leave for days at a time to go to his other friends' houses (these kids are still in H.S. mind you!) and he will show up every now and then to ask when dinner is. Then he'll disappear again after dinner. I still have to ask him to clean up after himself; he is a complete and total SLOB as well. He went to community college with me last semester basically because I forced him to as I was tired of him sitting at home all day doing nothing but surfing the net and eating all the cereal.

This is where the real issue starts...the last day to sign up for classes for the spring semester was this past Monday, which I reminded him that I was going to school monday morning at 8am. Naturally, 18yo SKid sleeps in and misses the ride with me. He texted me ayt about 9am with the excuse that the alarm conveniently did not wake him up. This is someone who will roll out of bed at around 12:30 pm every day that we are talking about. I replied that NO, I was not coming back to pick him up. He had his chance. He had the NERVE to inform me that he expected a full refund from ME for the last semester that he had paid for (with the money that DH had saved for him) to which I replied "NO. If I have four other kids who can manage to get themselves up and ready for school, why can't you?" He flew off the handle, and started berating me by text message. He also sent an email to me and DH telling DH that he has hated him since he was 13 and he referred to me as MOM for the first time ever but also informed me that he has hated me since I moved in. I'm not stupid, I can see the manipulation by him calling me MOM in this email. This texting and email BS lasted until 1:30am Tuesday morning until he finally sent a tremendously loooong email saying that he was sorry, but still trying to pass the blame off on me for his F'up.

I got pissed and told him to give me the cell phone back that I had given him as I'll be damned if someone acts like a complete and selfish idiot by demanding anything of me on a phone that I gave him. He didn't return it to me on Tuesay as I had requested, so I went ahead and suspended the cell phone service. I have not heard a word from him since, and he ahs since sequestered himself in his disgustingly smelly filthy room. DH deployed going on three weeks ago and will be home by March, and we are suppoed to move to Florida this June.

I propose that 18yo SKid be cut loose when we get to Florida but for some reason, I have the feeling that my DH (who unfortunately believes that 'unconditional love' is buying someone everything that they want) will be all talk and no action. His problem is that he makes threats but that he does not carry through with them. That is evident to me as I followed through with what I told 18yo SKid I would do, which was leave him at home if he did not get up in time to go to school with me.

Does anyone in here have any suggestions for me?

ddakan's picture

I have a skid exactly like that....ss17 a.k.a. CHONG.

Chong still has the phone I PAID FOR because the kid would be lost without it...wah. He got kicked out 3 times last year by BM. We kept him 2 months until he bolted. He quit high school, can't find a job because "it's everyone else's fault!!!"

He blames me or BM for everything that has gone wrong in his life, won't accept responsibility for anything.

With sd, now 21, I told her go to college you can live here free, don't go to college, you have to get a job and move out. I'm not paying for you to throw away your life. She got a job and moved out. This is what should happen to your stupid skid. Make him make it on his own, before or after you get to Florida. Either way, he is using you and your "free" money to be a loser. How will he ever learn if DH keeps him on the tit?

You are going to have to let the kid know, you are the one with all the responsibility. I know you are miserable. He has shown you he is going to screw up on the college thing and that it is a waste of money....Now he can get out there and earn his CEREAL!!!!