You are here

Well, I Blew Up at Twit, She Ran Out Crying and DH is Upset With Me.

shes driving me crazy in my retirement's picture

After the saccharin behavior of the Twit lately that is totally not normal for her, things came to a head today. I lost it and blew up at her. Twit ran out of the house, to DH of course, and he is now upset with me.

Granted it, I should have kept things in check, but sometimes enough is just enough. SIL came over to help DH remove some tree stumps from the yard. Twit came along. I was going through things deciding what I want to put in the house or just store. Yep, 2 years and we are still unpacking some items and decorating, but that is only because we are doing over, updating some of the rooms. Twit was admiring some of the items and asking questions about them, hoping something would be offered to her. Then she quipped off with: "Well, I guess you won't part with them so I'll just have to WAIT and get them". Note, I was working on this BEFORE we even knew that SIL was coming over to help DH with the tree stumps, so it is not as if I just pulled it out to tease. We have just finished painting and carpeting the room, and I was unboxing things....nick naks, paintings, etc., that were still packed up from our move.

Now, after months of her inquiring about our wills, my accounts, etc. this was just too much - her smoothing saying that since I wasn't giving it to her now she would have to wait until I died to get her grubby hands on them. I was shocked and pizzed at the same time. How DARE she. I couldn't help telling her straight out that she shouldn't count on getting anything from me, that she doesn't deserve anything from me as I no longer reward people who treat me like sh*t while I am alive. She got up and ran out of the house crying. As I looked out the window I saw that she ran right to DH, not to her own husband.

He is not very happy with me right now. After they left I tried to explain how I felt and how she was hinting and then said that when I was 6 feet under she would get it (paraphrasing here of course) but that it what it sounded like to me.

She, before that, was also upset because she has been pushing me to have a garage/yard sale. She wants to have one up here because we are in a good neighborhood and where she is, well, not that good. She also wants to set up her pots and pan stuff at the garage sale as well. DH had told her we would have one in July but no set time had ever been scheduled, but now I am in the process of selling property I inherited and have a contract on it and we will be going there some time in July to close on the property. She got upset saying.....but the garage sale..... DH looked at me, I looked at him and told her sorry, closing on the property is more important right now than a garage sale. Since we are not certain when, exactly the closing will be, we don't want to schedule a garage sale for her. (BTW, this is DH's doing for Twit, since she is being so nice to me, not mine. I would rather she keep her stuff in her own area).

Here we go AGAIN.

Oh, have no doubt that if Twit made plans with us, and something came up, say a pots and pan party with a chance for her to make a few $$, she would have no problem blowing us off.

I guess I probably should have kept my mouth shut, but I had heard enough of her asking about my finances, her father's finances, our wills, etc. When she quipped with this, it was just the breaking point, I guess. Imagine, telling me that she is going to get something when I am dead! Heck, it all goes to my daughter, not her.

I also told her that not only do I not reward people who treat me badly while I am alive, but I don't give things to people that give me nasty, box lot gifts that are trashy. That since she thought I was only worth an carppy ashtray and a cheap resin plate, I certainly wasn't going to give her anything of any value. That my feelings were quite hurt and I was insulted when she did and does stuff like that.

Perhaps I was, well just too direct, but enough is enough. Gawd, I wish I hadn't lost it. I have been doing so well. But I have to remember that I am human as well and Twit has been a burr under my saddle for a long time.

But DH is really upset with me. Tells me I owe Twit an apology.

twopines's picture

I don't blame you one bit for blowing up at her. She was pushing pushing pushing, and then got her little feefees hurt when she didn't like what you had to say. Your DH will have to get over it. His ADULT daughter should not be assuming she will get anything from you. Now or ever. And the garage sale? Good grief. What is the matter with this woman?

Stay strong!

Hi Twopines - About the garage sale, we don't need to do one yet, although the time might come. Twit has just been after DH to do one up here with her stuff so she can get more $$ for it. She also wants to sell her pots and pans as well and no doubt figures that if the neighbors come buy she can embarrass me by trying to get them to give parties. Twit is shameless.

20YearsAsAStep-Mom's picture

good for you. she deserves that. she has no business insinuating that she will get your stuff when you're gone. what a biatch.

20YearsAsAStep-Mom's picture

I hope your DH doesn't go suck up to her. He should back you up and tell her off too!

Hi 20 - DH is really pizzed at me right now. Actually, he isn't talking to me, told me to just let him be because he is upset with what I said to Twit. When he asked me, in front of her, if I said that, I told him I did. That I was bothered by someone constantly talking about getting my things when I died (and she has done this before, but I was always able to ignore it)

Oh how she bawled....this 48 year old woman crying on daddy's shoulder.

Hopefully when he cools down he will see that I am human too. I mean, how many comments and questions about my eventual demise (there is only one way we get off this planet) should I have to endure.

Hi there Foxie - THAT is already taken care of. Done a long time ago. And some of the things DD gets are in safety deposit boxes where she has the second key and is on the card as a co-owner.

twoviewpoints's picture

I can relate. I got tired of my own bios/SS talking about who got this/that.

I found it rude and offensive. Hey Kiddies, Im still alive and not planning on going anywhere anytime soon. I've not heard a single word about any items for quite a while now. Not after I told them all I'd smash all my breakables. When finshed I'd take a chain saw to the wood items. Shut them up real quick.

Hi twoviewpoints - Thank you. Then you know what I mean and what I feel. My own daughter would never bring that up. When I talk to her about my getting older and my final plans, she starts to cry because, as she says, she loves me doesn't want me to go. I always kid with her that I just don't want her to have me stuffed and left sitting in a chair in the family room, in the attic or some such place so I am always around.

I should have held it in and just come here and posted what she said and my thoughts and feelings. That is what you wonderful people help with and it is sooo good to have this place to come.

Sorry, right now I am crying too. I am upset. While I am in good health, I am getting older and while I know that some day my time will come, I just don't like to have someone reminding me of it like Twit does all the time in a very negative way.

emotionaly beat up's picture

Shesdrivingme, saying it to her is not the problem. The problem is you left it so long to say it.

Your husband is not talking to YOU. really. YOU should not be talking to him. His daughter had no right to say that, he needed to say, Twit, that was rude, you are not entitled to any of shesdrivingme's things, apologise. But no, he stood up for her against you when she was clearly in the wrong. And you wish you'd kept your mouth shut. I wish you'd opened it sooner.

Now however while your husband is not talking to you would be a great time for you to talk to him, to tell him how it's going to be, what you will no longer tolerate from him or her. Now is the time for you to stand up for yourself once and for all.

The bloody cheek of him not talking to you because his daughter is a greedy rude little cow and he allows it. She is an embarrassment to her father, her husband and herself, and it's time you let DH know it.

You are acting like you are in the wrong here, wishing you hadn't said it. Your DH will pick up on that and use it against you. You are nit in the wrong. Don't apologise because she provoked you, let your husband have both barrels, the nerve of him not talking to YOU.

Hi emotionally - DH gets upset by confrontations and his daughter crying. He was so pleased at how nice she was being to me since Mother's Day. And through disengaging I was pleased that I had myself separated from her nonsense.

He is not talking to me right now. He, and I will admit this, knows that I can be quite direct when I put someone in their place as I did Twit. She told him, in front of me, that she was only KIDDING with me. No, she wasn't. She does this all the time, and I responded so to both of them

You know what was interesting, now that I think of it. Here is DH with Twit hanging on him crying her eyes out and bawling about what I said to her.

Yet, Twits husband is standing next to me with his arm/hand on my shoulder. He didn't say anything, but it was like, well, he was agreeing/supporting me. We have talked (Twit's hubby) before about Twits bizarre behavior and he, himself, has told her to knock it off, that I don't deserve what she does and says.

sandye21's picture

"She told him, in front of me, that she was only KIDDING with me." What a bunch of BS! I agree with EBU, your DH should be asking SD to apologize to you and you have nothing to be sorry for. YOU should be mad at DH for not supporting you. I'd tell DH, "This is the way it's going to be as long as she is obnoxious and you won't do anything." How many times and how many ways do you have to inform Twit she is not in your will? What part of 'It's not your business' do you not understand. And are your kids in DH's will? Are you in SD's will?

Sandye = Yes, the just kidding remark was a lot of BS and I know it. As I told DH, after they left, that was a bullies defense. Evil people say that when they do something mean or inappropriate to take the ownership of their nastiness off them and put it on the shoulders of the person they went after. The old, I'm not mean, you just can't take a joke" that wasn't a joke at all.

ltman's picture

I would have done the same thing. Tell your dh when he calms down what you just wrote. We had a weird thing happen. DSS was dating a very strange chick who asked me what would SS get if DH and I died. I was so shocked I asked her to repeat and she did! I told her it all goes to my cousin, SS already had his inheritance from his bm.
It was one of the more freakier skid related things.

ltman's picture

Was very glad when that relationship died. About that time I upgraded our security system.

not2sureimsaneanymore's picture

Um, she's 48? You wouldn't happen to be the stepmom of my BM would you? I know for a fact my BM's like this and her father's wife can't stand her behavior especially since she does cry and bawl if something doesn't go her way.

oldone's picture

I agree this was SO overdue.

Anyone who is so rude, crass and just unbelievably stupid as to question what you are going to leave them deserves to be horsewhipped. ESPECIALLY when it is someone not even related to you.

I've posted this before - but when a friend's step daughter in law asked her what she was going to do with her jewelry when she died (at the time my friend was barely 50) - my friend answered "That won't be any of your concern."

My friend has no children but has four nieces that she is very, very close to. No way she would leave her stepson's stupid wife anything.

Your DH is like most men - let's avoid conflict at all costs.

I don't see one thing wrong with what you did. How hideously rude can one but as to pretty much state "Ooooh oooh ooooh I hope I get lots of stuff when you die."

not2sureimsaneanymore's picture

BiL's wife does this all the time--says MIL's furniture/jewelery/what have you would look good in her house, on her hand, with her, after MIL passes away.

It's SO MORBID and no one ever says anything about it.

Oldone, I love what you say. And I especially like what your friend told her stepdaughter in law.

And, yes, DH wants to avoid conflict at all costs, even with me.

I am hoping he was just overwhelmed with Twit running out from the house crying to him. Perhaps it isn't sinking in yet of what had actually happened. At least I hope so

When you wrote "oooh, oooh, oooooh I hope I get lots of stuff when you die." You hit it on the nail head. Not only was it rude, it just made me feel, well so uncomfortable.

Since her FIL passed in April it seems that she is fixated on our demise and what she might get. But then she is totally FIXTATED on her FIL's estate watching like a hawk to make sure her hubby gets his share, AND that she gets her name on whatever he gets. She is smart, inheritance is not subject to community property UNLESS the party who received the inheritance puts the spouse's name on it making it joint property. No doubt that is why all the questions about whether I have comingled my money with her father. Outside of SS and pensions, which we both comingle, I have not.

oldone's picture

I am in my late 60s. I have not co-mingled anything with DH.

I totally trust my DH - but his son - no way! Poor DH came out of his last marriage with practically nothing.

My biggest fear is BM getting her hands on my money that I have worked so hard for.

When she asked questions about my finances, etc. I have told her that it was none of her business. But, as you know, she continued to ask. This time I just blew up and let her have it directly. Her constant questioning and talking about waiting to pick my carcass when I die just made me so uncomfortable I couldn't stop myself from putting it to her directly.

ltman's picture

I feel really uncomfortable when my parents bring up their potential demise and what to do with their estate. Does Twit have ocd?

Hi Wowthisishard - I have already been more tactful in telling Twit my finances etc. are none of her business, but she keeps pushing and pushing. I just felt enough was enough, as it gave me the creeps when she started this stuff, and let her know directly. I mean, it is not that she hasn't been told before, but not with this force and finality. THAT is what set her off running to DH.

Well, late yesterday evening DH was still not talking to me. I went in the family room sat down and started giving my feelings and what IS going to be. He didn't respond but kept looking straight ahead, somewhat dead faced.

I told him I was quite upset of always being reminded that I am going to die by Twit. That she is always looking for things with her remarks of "I don't know what inheritance means" when I decide to sell something in my shop that she wants. And "Since you won't give it to me now, I just wait and get it when your are gone." I told him I found that very ghoulish. that it gives me the creeps, and it makes me wonder just what she has planned for me.

I also reminded him of how my will is set up. She doesn't and isn't getting ANYTHING.

I went on to tell him that I felt he was making great progress in seeing Twit for what she is after his hospital stay, the nasty letter she wrote me that he read, etc. How can she send that nasty letter to me just months ago and then turn over a new leaf being oh so sweet so quickly? That I was not going back to the way things were in 2011. My health was threatened then when I broke out in a horrible rash, stomach problems, headaches, cried, and was ready to leave.

I told him, straight out that he either deal with Twit and set her straight about being ghoulish with me or I would have to consider leaving/separating as he wants to go back to supporting her dellusions and behavior. Enough was enough, he is either with me or against me. I told him I was tired of her attitudes, behavior, money grubbing, etc. That she is HIS problem, not mine to deal with and I will no longer take carp from her like before. That I am not being overly sensitive, not understanding, being big about it and all the other things he use to tell me to do until I disengaged. This time I told him that I had disengaged from her back in early 2012 and was finished, but I didn't need to hear her talking to me about my death and what she is getting. She is a Stepdaughter, I owe her nothing regardless of what she thinks. I told him he needs to set her straight now on this and if he doesn't there could be some consequences. I don't need to be upset by Twit's remarks as she just doesn't seem to understand it is none of her business.

DH said nothing during my talk to him, just stared straight ahead. With that said, I just went to bed. We will see how he is in the AM.

Delilah's picture

Has DH talked to you today about what you said?!

I am horrified to hear what Twit said to you, imo she deliberately was needling you in order for you to blow and put her in her place so she could run to daddy and turn the table on you - and your DH fell for it hook line and sinker! Its extremely telling that she immediately ran crying (insert eyeroll here) and went to daddy. I am equally horrified to hear your DH is backing her up, its not wonder his DD is a horror, because Daddy enables her to act in this inappropriate and awful manner :jawdrop:

I do not blame you for giving DH an ultimatum, its ridiculous that sd gets away free with playing these games and it causes disruption in your marriage. It makes me ill thinking about what these men expect their wives to endure in order to keep the peace. Its up to them if they want to be a mug (read: pillock here) but you do not have to be.

I am sorry he was not there for you while you were upset at her reminder of your mortality (sick b*tch) and the unpleasant confrontation.

I would not feel guilty for blowing, she is like a demented child who needs to learn her place. Seeing as she doesn't know it, then she needs to be told and even more so given you were in your home and considering what she was saying. Your sd was trying to get this rise out of you, it was going to happen, so it might as well be now before she gets in yet more knives in your back.

Personally I would completely cut her off. That means, no more coming to your home, no visits (she can see her father elsewhere), I would not want to see her face or hear her voice or even discuss her again. I am sure all you want is a happy peaceful life without that parasite causing disruption and stress for you.

Anon2009's picture

The best part about all this?

You will likely not see her for a long, long time. Maybe never again. Smile

Don't I wish I would be so lucky. Perhaps spreading garlic all around the edges of the property might keep this blood sucker out, but I doubt it.

Anon2009's picture

You should do that }:)

I can't blame you for flipping out on her. She's an adult. I doubt she'd like it if she had a SK just like her. I can't believe that she's almost 50! I thought that those in their 50s, if anything, get upset with folks who act like that!

Towanda's picture

Well, She's Driving......it is not like we didn't see it coming. We knew she was being syrupy for a reason. I actually gasped out loud when I read what she said to you! Holy Cow!

She baited you so she could go running to DADDEEEEEEEE again and get his attention back because her narcissitic feeing supply has been way low.

Let us know how today goes for you! Big hugs!!!!!!

Hi Towanda - Yes, we knew she was up to something. I just couldn't believe that she could be so ghoulish and morbid and actually happy with the fact that I would die someday. And she wasn't at all interested in me, just my stuff!

DH would have told me not to pay attention to her ghoulish talk, she means nothing by it, etc. etc. All the things he use to say before I disengaged.

I'm just peeved at myself for losing my cool with her. It is what she wanted, no doubt. But I am only human and there is only so much I can take of this nonsense from this Twit.

Well, I am the one that is not talking to DH now until he addresses what I said to him last evening. I am upset!

I am also peeved that I fell for her bait here but just how much can a person take of this nonsense. She didn't get it when I was nice and calm telling her it was NOHB. And, she keeps it up.

She bragged to me on more than one occasion how her FIL considers her like another daughter. YET, she is not in his will. And when the FIL divided his wife's jewelry among his daughter, he did not bother to see that she was there. This she blames on the daughter, that they don't like her, are jealous, etc. (well I can certainly believe they don't like her).

Will see how the day goes. I am still very close to having what is vulgarly referred to as a crying jag, the tears are right there ready to flow.

For those of you who want to know how it is going....DH has been nice, he has talked to me BUT he hasn't said a word about what I told him last night. He hasn't brought it up either.

Twit called and wanted to stop by with a Father's Day card for him. He met her outside the house. I think he is darn near scared I will tear her and him a new one if she came in. And rightfully so.

Watching from the bedroom window I could see her crying, wiping away tears as DH was talking to her. I don't know what was said, if she was still making something of what I said or if he was telling her that her actions were inappropriate. Seeing that I just turned and walked away from the window. Oh, if I only had Superman hearing....lol! Generally I don't care what he says to her etc., but in this instance, because of the gravity of the situation, I would like to know. But I am going to not say a word about it and see what happens.

In your previous blog in regards to twit being ever so sweet, I did say that I felt her narcissism was showing and daddy would swallow it hook line and sinker.

My own husband is the same. Not that his spawn of Satan ever tried to be sweet, she was so secure in being daddy's numberv1, she just thought she'd slit us up and she'd get him back. So why bother being nice to me.

She eventually had to get pregnant to try and get daddy back. She was uglier than ever then. She had a nuclear weapon in her uterus, she could not fail now. Baby was born and the boyfriend lets DH know if he wants to see it, then he has to make evil one happy, he has to leave me. Child was two last month DH and I saw it a day after it was born and he hasn't seen it since. Now I won't bother with my story. But, like your DH if my husbands daughter threw him a crumb, he'd be up her like a rat up a drain pipe in a heartbeat. Given what has gone on here the last two years he knows bring that evil back into my life for so much as a second and it's over, our marriage is finished.

Your husband DOES know what his daughter is doing. That's why he gets defensive and fights with you. He is angry you point out her flaws. He knows what she's like, but is ashamed and wants to bury them under the carpet. That's why if she shows one little glimmer of being normal ge gets all excited and focuses on it. That's why he wants to forget her crap. It's all about his feelings.

You have more power in this than you realise. Use it. Stand up for yourself and set some standards of behaviour from your husband, not her.
Your husband needs to support you or this woman will destroy you. There. Is a blog on here you may want to read. We could all end up in this woman's shoes if WE don't start to have some respect for ourselves.

Your husband knows what she is doing to you, now you need to demand he fix it or she stays away. It's not your job to fix his kid, it's his.

I will come back with the name of that post I think you should read.

The post is - He's dead and she's finally out of my life. It is written by. dunwiththem. None of us need to go where she went. We just need to grow some balls and demand our husbands take theirs back from this other woman in their lives, their adult daughters.

Thanks emotionally. Yes, I suspected something was coming down the pike from Twit, I just didn't know what it would be.

I read the thread you talked about and it is so sad. The OP deserved a lot better from her man than he gave her at the end. As for the fatso SD cutting in front of her at the funeral - how terrible!

If you read above, you will see that I have given DH some pretty straight forth ultimatums. Enough is enough. If I have to leave for a time, then so be it.

You know what is even funnier and on my side? That if I do leave and divorce DH, I can collect my ex-husband (who is now deceased) SS. That happens to be more than what DH and I bring in in social security together! HE is the one that would have the Big decrease in life style. DH knows this because when we applied for SS, the woman there told me that I will get more from my ex-husband (if divorced) as social security always gives you the highest benefit you are entitled to....at least for now.

DH might have said something to Twit, I don't know and he isn't saying. He is acting like nothing happened right now, being nice, attentive, etc. Hasn't mentioned a word about my apologizing to Twit like he did yesterday. Hopefully, once the brouhaha settled down and Twit left and I spoke my peace, he started to think about what really was going on. At least I hope so. Only time will tell.

I am not going to make any more scenes, but if she ever darkens my door again, she will not get in. I will tell her she, and her drama, are not welcome. After all, it IS my house.

sandye21's picture

I can guarantee you that your DH will do just exactly what my DH did when I told him SD was not going to set foot in my home again - try to appease both of you. Nice to you but not exactly showing support for you to SD, telling her she will not be coming over for a while. This placates both of you without making any sacrifices on his part. The thing is - your DH is looking out for his OWN comfort, not yours, not SD's. If you get a divorce your DH would not be as financially comfortable as he is now. Your DH is going to ensure life goes on as smoothly for him as it has.

A similar experience happened to me 2 1/2 year ago when SD was banned from my home. DH never again accused me of making her uncomfortable or being jealous. But on the other hand I never heard him actually defend me to SD or insist she resepct me as his wife. If I had divorced him his life would not be as easy financially or otherwise. This means I now question the reason DH married me and why he continues to stay. Is it for love or comfort? Only time will tell.

The good thing is you finally know that even though you have to defend yourself, you have every right to do so. The self-respect you will gain for standing your ground will far surpass any respect you will ever get from DH or SD. You may feel a bit angry and disappointed in your DH for a while but believe me - you have just made a big positive turning point in your life. Congratulations!

Dunwiththem's picture

EBU 'a nuclear weapon in her uterus' never a truer word spoken.
Once the rot has set in, it stays in. If you have one at aged 12 - no matter what so called 'experts' and f**i*g psycologist analalgists say about 'the poor, misunderstood child blah blah' you will have one at aged 30 - or 50. They do not mature. They do not lose their sense of entitlement (He's MY DADDY and you're NOT HAVING HIM).
Hesdrivingme, you don't know how much I'm feeling for you. You DH is playing piggy in the middle. He's not doing you or his daughter any favours. A woman of her age crying to daddy with constant drama! It's ridiculous, and it will never end.
I even left my DH (the love of my life) for two years SOLELY because I could not take it anymore. What did he tell people? She's JEALOUS of my daughter!!!!!
I only ever wanted a peaceful, happy, well blended family life.
I got back with him 2 years before he died. He told me he knew 'what she was like'. Within 2 months everything was back to normal. She was even more determined to make my life a misery and he just could'nt/wouldn't see through it. The little kids were used relentlessly to her own ends. It's sickening.
It's ALL about boudaries. If your DH never set any - through guilt, weakness or whatever - then he's not about to change now.
What I am saying is that, although this forum is centering on nasty adult step children - 90% of the problem lies with the DH.
Because - although we can all understand how hard it is for a young child to accept their mum and dad splitting up, and either one bringing a partner in, as that child matures they (if they are mentally healthy and well ajusted) will want to see their parent happy. That is it. The ones that don't are the ones with problems that they will, and do, inflict on your relationship for evermore. It's nasty and it's heartbreaking, but it never ends. The ONLY one who can stop it is DH.
For the record, I think it was disgusting she alluded to getting 'your things' if she waited, and you're no way to blame for calling out her sorry arse.
If your DH wants to keep you, he needs to up his game quite considerably. Hell, his daughter has her OWN man to go crying to. Tell him to email me!!!

Dunwiththem - I read your post and could understand your hurt at how your Twit treated you at the funeral.

Sadly, Twit was raised by her Mother until she was a Junior in high school and wanted to live with her father. DH and his ex had divorced when Twit was around 6. I didn't meet DH until YEARS later when Twit had already moved out, married and had her own family. She was probably in her late 20's then and seemed quite nice and normal. Unfortunately, she is not normal and has problems like narcissism, borderline personality, and mean girl that she never outgrew.

She is also mean and nasty, real nasty to other people as well such as co-workers, etc. She has no friends except her pots and pan team members, and is also very selfish as well.

DH was telling me that Twit was going on vacation next week to one of the southern states. Seems they hooked up with some real estate development company that does marketing. They had to come up with $200, which they will get back when they show up for the sales pitches. Meanwhile, the place puts them up in a hotel, provides most meals, entertainment and then pitches, and it is a hard sell pitch, the product. They have no intention of buying anything, she is just there because it is CHEAP and she doesn't have to spend her money to have a nice vacation. She even brags about last year when then did this, the salesman joined them out on the golf course. She told him that they had no intention of buying anything period. He took the golf cart and left them out on the course somewhere. Of course she was pizzed he had the nerve to do that to HER! CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP.

Dunwiththem's picture

I believe Daisy is narcissistic also. She has few friends and even her own family (DH's family) have dropped her now. She married a weak man, because he was all she could get. His life is a misery. When she moved house he didn't even know they were moving until the for sale board went up! She didn't even tell him when her father died! Call that a marriage?
But then, I believe narcissism runs in families and DH wasn't any better. Constant need for attention, adulation. Couldn't stand a hint of criticism. Verbal bullying, unable to discuss anything in a logical manner etc etc. It was a mess.

Yes donewiththem a woman that age crying to daddy is ridiculous, the daddy who laps it up is even more so. The child who never out grew her need for daddy always has a daddy who never outgrew the need for the adulation of a 2 year old daughter. They are both narcissists

By the way, as much as I hate to burst your bubble, I do have to prepare you. Your DH calming down and being nice, if he runs true to type, it's not about him thinking about what you said and thinking maybe your right. It's about realising he once again in the heat of the moment showed his true colours. Now he needs to pull his head back in because he might lose his comforts, his home, his comfy life with you. He doesn't want to lose twit, but he sure as hell wouldn't want to live with her. If he again runs true to type, then when he spoke to twit outside, it was so you couldn't hear him tell her best she doesn't come in because your still carrying on. He would be still backing her up to her face, but calming you down at the same time, therefore making his life comfy and easier. These guys love two women fighting over them, they get off on it, they encourage it, and they are never going to change. Don't play his game anymore, ban her, have nothing to say about, or do with her, don't talk to him about her, to you she doesn't exist, you are just one of the pawns in his game of "how good am I, these women are fighting over me". Just withdraw from the battlefield and stop feeding the monster. Let him have his garage sale at her house. If you see her at auctions, ignore her. If there is business to be done with her, let him do it.

sandye21's picture

EBU, Disengaging is one thing - totally banning the SD from your house is another step, and I agree Twit needs to be banned from the house. What Twit and OP's DH have done is nothing short of emotional abuse. The minute you let DH know you are cutting all contact off with SD the game is over. In our case, SD has not initiated contact with DH in the 2 1/2 years she's been banned. I took myself out of the playing field, therefore she has no one to blame anymore but DH. I handed back to DH the responisbility of resolving an issue he has never had the guts to deal with. It's up to him entirely and totally.

Hi emotionally - So true about losing if comfy home etc. if I go. AND, I am not playing games this time. I will not go back to what was in 2011 under any circumstances. If DH wants to see Twit he can do it elsewhere. I have just had a heart to heart with him on that today. I also told him that if he doesn't see fit to back me up instead of telling me I needed to apologize to her as he did the other day IN FRONT OF TWIT no less, well, I will be filing for a divorce the first whiff of that carp I get. It is either me or her, there is no middle ground for me after this. I have had enough. This is not the first time he has taken her side in front of me either!

I will tell you that, at first DH started to tell me I was being ridiculous, etc., all the things I have heard before when Twit did her nasty stuff. I stopped him and told him NO, what was going on from Twit was ABUSE, maybe not physical, but mental, and he was aiding her. I would no longer tolerate it, period. And, if he couldn't see that and couldn't defend me, then he wasn't someone I wanted to continue to spend my life with. I DESERVE BETTER treatment in this marriage from Twit and from him. That I have now had my say and it was now up to him to decide if he wanted to back Twit or me.

I also told him he was great when he stood up for me when Twit mailed that nasty letter to me, but I wasn't going to deal with any backsliding. I also told him I was so upset right now that perhaps it would be best for him to find someplace to stay for a awhile.....perhaps Twit will take him in or he can find a hotel room, because I just don't want to see his face around right now. I am extremely upset and pizzed big time. Oh, I am certain Twit isn't going to want him living with her so maybe, just maybe they could have a heart-to-heart talk about what she is doing and he could put her in her place.

I got the ole, but she's my daughter carp from DH. My response is, so what, I'm your wife and I will not stand for that kind of treatment from her and your backing her up. If you think I should, then you are not the man I thought you were. He knows how nasty she is towards me. When she couldn't get to me other ways, she sent a letter to me. That was the one I didn't open, pointed it out to DH who read it (I have never seen what was in it) but he went balastic and out looking for Twit. You may recall that because he shortly ended up with chest pains and in the hospital. YET he still doesn't get it.

He called Twit and is going over there for a few days. Good riddance for now. I certainly am not going to leave MY house. Heck, Twit would probably be here ransacking the place for stuff if she feels something is going to happen between her daddy and me.

I am not going to put up with him playing me so he can have a relationship with her. I am the type of person that if someone verbally attacks my DD, as Twit did once by spreading some nasty rumors about her, and my friends, I stick up for them.

Called my DD, who is a teacher and off now. She is coming with the GK's to spend some time with me.

sandye21's picture

Glad to hear your DD is coming over to be with you. You need a sane person who supports you and is grounded in reality. If DH can not see that your marriage should be his main focus you are not losing anything. I'll bet though, that you will hear from him in a few days - and don't back down. Good luck!

I will check back later as right now I am a total basket case from emotion and tears. I just can't go back to the misery and health problems of 2011 in dealing with Twit.

Amber Miller's picture

I know that this is a sad occurrence for she's driving me crazy but the comment about daddy carrying around her pots and pans made me laugh. Isn't it true, these daddies will do anything for their selfish, vindictive, cruel, whiny daughters. These DH's who are wrapped around their rotten daughters fingers seem to live their lives to please their brats. I don't get it!

Shesdrivingme I am so glad you finally found the courage to stand up for yourself. I am so very sorry that it hurts so much right now.

I promise you, that the life full of past hurts from your DH supporting her, worse telling you to apologise to her IN FRONT OF HER no less, was going to continue. She is what 49, 50, you know she will not change now. In fact the older she gets, the worse she will get. Twit may very well have just put the final nail in the coffin of her own marriage with this.

You have finally put an end to his abuse. If he chooses to remain with his daughter instead of you, well, it is far better you find this out now, than spend the rest of your life being married to a man who loves his daughter above his wife. It was not only the highest of insults to ask you to apologise for her outrageous behaviour, but to do it in front of her, well that just encourages her to keep it up, that is daddy telling her in no uncertain terms, he supports her, she was right, and YOU were wrong. Nothing can change while he has this attitude. You deserve better, far better. Thank God your daughter is coming to stay for a few days with the grandkids. It will give you time to think things over and hopefully a better perspective on things. You should not have to spend your entire married life with the grim reaper in your home waiting to grab your stuff. You should not have to worry about your stuff or things you want your daughter to have being stolen by Twit. In fact now may be a great time while daddy is living with her to pack up her ashtray and other gifts and POST them back to her. Let both of them see you are truly done with her. If daddy chooses to side with or believe her over you, well let him. No man is worth putting up with the mental angst and anxiety this woman is causing you, especially one who is running back to his daughter instead of staying in a hotel or with friends,. He is showing her the cracks she helped him put in your marriage. She will do her utmost to go in for the kill. UNLESS she knows you have the money. In that case she's not going to be happy about this. Either way, you need to be completely finished with accepting this abuse from her, stay away and keep her away from your home. It is time for you to be treated with the respect you deserve.

Please take care. Remember this old very true saying. If you love someone set them free, if they were yours, they will come back to you, if they don't, well they were never yours. It is better to find out now before you waste one more minute of your life, if he really loves you, if he is really yours, or if he is not your husband, but just her daddy. He is a very silly stupid man. You deserve far better. Far better.

Remember you have support here, people who know exactly what you are going through. Who know the kind of man you are married to and how much it hurts, how hard it is, and how much it wears you down. We too are there for you. Well done in taking the first and the hardest step.

Right now I am crying so if this doesn't make complete sense bear with me.

You know, I have disengaged from Twit and I have done my best to stay away from her, but hubby keeps wanting her around now and then. I was doing so well in staying away from her and not caring about her and not doing anything for her - including buying gifts.

You may recall at Christmas I wrote about how I didn't bother with Twit, SNMP, and didn't buy her anything. DH had the audacity to ask me where Twit's gift was on Christmas Eve. That was after I got the 4" resin junk store plate. I told him, right in front of her that I didn't buy her anything, that he was suppose to take care of that. Point being, note how he tried to put the lack of Twit gift in my lap. Typical.

When she spread rumors about my DD, and it got back to us, DH agreed with me that this was wrong and Twit shouldn't have done it. BUT, when I confronted Twit face-to-face and told her I never wanted to hear anything about my daughter come out of her mouth and if she started rumors again I would tear her pituitary gland out (okay, pretty strong but you get the idea). What did DH do? Immediately took her side when she looked at me blankly and claimed she didn't know WHAT I was talking about!! "See", he said, "She doesn't know what you are talking about." And of course she had the tears welling up in her eyes. I was totally disgusted then.

I am going to be sending my DD back with some of the things she would be inheriting. Pretty sad to have to do that because I would like to enjoy them now. That shouldn't have to be. I should be able to enjoy my things, antiques, etc. without having to fear that Twit would abscound with them if something happens to me. Or worse yet, that DH would let her have them because he is incapable of saying no to her.

Sweetheart, you have done the right thing. This has gone no far far too long. You have somehow found the courage to dictate some terms in your marriage instead of handing all the power to him. Don't ever go back on this now. You will be crushed if you do. You have tolerated enough for him, you allowed her in your home, to make him happy. Instead of him appreciating that, he then continued to expect you to take her abuse, and he continues to support her in abusing you.

Twits husband was more of a husband to you the other day, he supported and by having his hand on your shoulder showed you support, YOUR supposed husband did not. Twits husband is not going to like this latest turn of events.

Please don't cry for him. Cry with relief that this will finally be over for you. With or without him, you never have to have her in your home again. Now that you found the amazing strength to do that, to tell him no more, it's her or you, don't go back on what you have said. You are in the right here. Sure I get that these men have us so emotionally bullied and abused, we always think that sonehow some way, we are at fault. WE ARE NOT. thinking we are is the mental and abuse they put in our heads talking. You have made the hardest decision, you've done it now, and well done to you.

Towanda's picture

We are here for you She's Driving! Your cup is full right now and it was bound to spill over and cause tears. Just remember Twit isn't even worth your tears. She wins. Hugs dear!

Twit I feel has signed her own death warrant. The old saying never wish to hard for what you want, you just might get it.

Daddy will stay with twit a few days, her sweetness will be overpowering. Daddy may decide to stay with twit. That will be the beginning of the end for daddy and twit. Twit cannot sustain the niceness, when daddy gets the financial side sorted out, and twit sees there's not as much as she wants, she will turn on daddy like the viper she is. Daddy will want his life back. Hopefully shesdrivingme's moved on.

sandye21's picture

Big (((HUGS)))!!! This will be the hardest time for you but keep telling yourself you deserve better. I agree with EBU, Twit is hammering the nail in the coffin of the relationship she and her Father will have, and when her husband objects to daddy living there, I'll bet she won't jeopardize her marriage for DH either. Just hang in there! (((HUGS))) again!

Dunwiththem's picture

SDM, it's hard, isn't it, when you love the man. But all the good and wise souls here are right when they say stand your ground.
I left DH for 2 years - same shit, different shovel.
Although we were still running a business together, my day to day life was so much more peaceful and stress-free during that time. I missed him, yes, and I suppose I hoped he would turn up on my doorstep begging for forgiveness, that he'd seen through Daisy and realised what a fool he'd been all this time. It never happened. She was beside herself with glee. Now there were no holds barred on what she could get financially, how she could use him for endless baby-sitting and odd-jobs, lifts on nights out etc etc whilst all the time convincing him she was right about me all along. What a horrible person SM is to go off and leave you. I told you she would break your heart blah blah blah. It just about sent frustration levels off the scale, especially when she had him, her cronies and his family believing she was poor little miss innocent!
To cut a long story short, I did re-unite with him for the last 2 years of his life. His cancer had returned but it was by no means terminal at that point. I had a good idea of the outcome though - because I researched it at length - but he had no idea and never for a moment thought it would beat him.
Anyway, when we first got back together, he assured me he 'knew what she was like'. He even admitted that he knew the 'bad feeling' was coming from her.
We were blissfully happy - for all of 2 months. Then she started turning the screws again. Deviously and with startling cleverness she slowly manipulated him, using the children, back to where she wanted him. I decided to do and say nothing. It wouldn't have made any difference, and I knew this would end sooner or later.
My point is, SDM, no matter how many talks, arguments, agreements you go through, nothing changes - not for any length of time. So you need to be very sure in your mind if you would, over all, be happier living without him (peace & freedom - you can't buy that!) or whether the happiness you have in between these episodes is worth staying for. That's what it boils down to.
Good luck with it all and I hope it works out right for you whichever path you take. ((hugs))

Nothing, nothing is worth staying with a man who would demand you apologise to his daughter for upsetting her because you had the cheek to be upset that the vulture had repeatedly mentioned she wants your stuff and if you'd just die real soon, that'd be great. NOTHING.

WE stay, we hope, we pray one day daddy will see it wasn't us, it was his daughter. We hope until we make ourselves sick that one day he will notice how badly we are being treated and stand up to his daughter tell her to stop and to continually tell her to stop each and every time she crosses the line till either she stops, or she doesn't come back anymore. We don't have any particular scenario in mind as to which way it stops, we just want it to stop.

We suspect, but we put the blinders of love for DH on so we don't have to acknowledge that DH sees it all, but does nothing because he'd rather watch his wife be humiliated, isolated, ignored and totally disrespected, than say one word to his daughter because he wants his daughter to like him. He wants that more than he loves his wife. He cares so much about what he wants that no one and nothing else matters, only him. His needs, his wants. He lies to both these women, wife and daughter to keep the status quo. A man like this never changes. We are so different from them it can often take us years to get it. We have no concept of a love so strong for ones self that a person is prepared to destroy wife, marriage and ultimately the daughter he professes love

To stay means developing a stronger sense of self than you can ever imagine. It requires becoming at some level the bully instead of the bullied. Which does not come naturally to the type of women these men marry, they marry the softy, they smell that in us and see it as a weakness, they can manipulate us so well. It means not letting anything go, nothing at all and standing up for yourself each and every time it is required, even if they so much as roll their eyes at you. It means constantly making damn sure he does not disrespect you at any level. It means sheer hard and constant work and that will never end, because as I have said they will NEVER change, you will forever have to be vigilant. .

Can you do it, do you even want to.

Morning all - I'm still here. Yes, catmom01, I know what EBU says is true and it stinks that I have to point it out to DH.

I haven't seen him since I asked him to leave, though there have been calls on my answering machine, I am not ready or willing to talk to him about anything at this time. Heck, there was even a call from.....TWIT.....on the machine. Don't know what she has to say as I didn't listen to it. The heck with her and all her bs.

DD and the gkids are due here tomorrow and I can't wait.

Going to the show today, by myself, to see Superman. Perhaps some shopping as well and dinner out. It is going to be PEACEFUL whatever I do.

You know, with all I did and how I changed and disengaged from Twit, how I refused to take responsibility for buying her gifts etc., it seems she still kept coming at me. Just different ways all the time.

I mean I had that calm (she was the one that got all upset) confrontation with her shortly after Christmas, and then the carp with the letter she sent me that DH opened and was upset about what she wrote and HE even confronted her on that. Heck, she wouldn't answer the door when her Dad went down to see her about that letter, nor would she answer her phone she was so scared of how she had overstepped boundaries.

But she still kept coming. There seems there aren't enough crosses and garlic to keep this evil vampire away from me.

I certainly would never ask her if there were anything I could do for her because her response probably would be to die soon so she get try to rummage through my belongings. THAT response would probably be par for her course.

It was par for her course to continue to try to get me to give her, or promise her something and find out about my financial affairs after I am gone, but enough is just enough.

Not only did that upset me, but hubby telling me that I should apologize to her right in front of her also tripped me off.

We are at the age where some of our friends and acquaintances are starting to have serious health problems and some may not make it. Fact of life. Those are reminders enough about our mortality. One doesn't need Twit constantly banging the drum about my demise.

On a bit of a humorous side.....do you think Twit might have been calling to tell me to come and get her Daddy, she's had enough of him already? Wouldn't surprise me as she is so secretive and self-centered. And now she's got Daddy to pick up after and drive around (I have the car). My guess, and this is just a guess, is that if things are still a sticky wicket with hubby and I for more than a week, she is going to drop him off at the house and let him fed for himself. Twit doesn't like to be inconvenienced. Say, that might be a good thing.....Twit throwing Daddy out of her house.....might give him some more insight into her. He KNOWS what she does to me, and to him, and he needs to acknowledge it.

sandye21's picture

" And now she's got Daddy to pick up after and drive around (I have the car)." Oh, I LOVE it!!! LOL It should be no time at all before Twit wants you to take Daddy back. Can you just visualize it? Two narcissists depending on each other for ANYTHING for more than a few days? Let's get serious - they both will want their needs met and each of them believes their needs come first. Eventually they are going to expect the other person to bend, to give more than they are capable of.

Twit crossed the line big time, constantly harrassing you to give her something and die soon. DH was way off base by allowing this, and ESPECIALLY insisting you apologize to Twit in front of her. Good for you for not responding to their phone calls. Just give it a few days and their relationship will self destruct. In the end you will be the one laughing your butt off.

DH may come back, apologize, make promises, etc. The decision to let him back in your life will be totally up to you but make a list of pluses and minuses, and take your time. You've been waiting for a change from SD and DH long enough - now THEY can wait. Hope you enjoy the movie and visit with family.

Morning oldhag - So right in that. She has intimidated that many a time. This time it just hit me the way she said it as so ghoulish. Can you imagine telling someone you can't wait for them to die so you can raid their stuff? Enough was just enough. And seeing as she just doesn't get it when you do something politely to fend her off, one has to beat her over the head with a post to get something through to her. As for it being a joke as she told DH.....no way. Perhaps saying something like that with a laugh ONCE might be a BAD joke in poor taste, but to continue taunt me about my dying, inheriting my stuff, and she'll get it sooner or later time and time again is just not funny, or appropriate. It is morbid and ghoulish. Heaven forbid I get buried with a piece of jewelry or something she wants, the ghoul would have no qualms about digging me up to get at it. After all $$$$$ is all that matters to her.

Do not discuss this with twit. Do not return her calls,if you happen to pick up a call accidently from her, hang up immediately. THIS IS NONE OF HER BUSINESS. The hard reality is, she didn't cause this to happen, your husband did. Had he responded to her appropriately instead of taking her side and expecting you to apologise, this would not have happened.

As ugly as this is to hear. Nothing's changed, your DH has been confiding in her, and all his talking wouldn't have been about this one incident. She still, after the trouble she's started, feels superior and arrogant enough to want to discuss your marriage with you. Nothing has changed.

I did say earlier I think she may well have put the nail in the coffin of her own marriage with this and I still think so. I know DHs daughters boyfriend was terrified I would throw DH out and he'd get him. I know I could never live in the same house with two narsasists, living with one is almost impossible, two, no one can cope with. Can you imagine living with twit and DH 24/7. Twits husband now has to live with the two of them.

Your DH would need to come crawling back with promises of leaving twit far behind for me to even contemplate taking him back. But the problem you have is that even that could easily be orchestrated by twit. If her DH is putting on the pressure she will teach daddy what to say to manipulate you into taking him back. It will all be lies of course so twit can get things the way she wants them. If she succeeds, that feeds her narcissism that makes her worse.

Give yourself plenty of time. In your financial situation you don't need him, you certainly don't need his emotional abuse, nor do you need to be second best in his life to another woman. If you give yourself all the time you need to sort through this, you may find that you really don't want him anymore.

Whatever you decide, please factor in in your decision making process, that NEITHER HE NOR TWIT WILL EVER CHANGE. Do you want this till the grave. Do you always want to be worrying about what she is manipulating your husband to do behind the scenes, do you want to be constantly stocktaking your possessions, and worrying about what will happen to them.

A life with DH will require all the work and emotional energy I stated in my last post. It will mean at the end if DH goes first a certain amount of dunwiththems treatment, or maybe even worse, because you will not even get to bury your DH in peace. His funeral will be all about her. Certainly not you, not even DH. HER. This never ends. That is why my husbands daughter is gone forever out of my life. I cannot, will not deal with two of them. Living a with a narcissist, is one of the hardest things you can ever do. Living with a narcissist who has raised his daughter to be one also, well that's even harder, because these women not only deeply love and care for only themselves, they have daddy encouraging and supporting their egotistical behaviour. Daddy has no one supporting him in that, certainly not the daughter, she's to busy getting what she wants to care about daddy, he's just a tool she uses. So with daddy's support, her narcissism is fuelled with an over inflated sense of entitlement, an indignant sense of self righteousness and arrogance. My husbands daughter at 19 was like this, we parted ways when she was 29 and she was still like this. Two years after the birth of her nuclear weapon, no phone call to daddy to say, sorry, I should not have put you in that position, so she's still like that. Do you think twit pushing 50 is ever going to change.

My husband will never change, if he thought there was a snowballs chance in hell he'd get away with it, he would have that evil back in our lives today. But, because he's looking after himself, he doesn't attempt it. Your husband will never change. Women like twit and the spawn of Satan my husband raised, will never change. They cannot, please understand, they are incapable of it. Even when their back is up against the wall as is my husbands, and after 6 months of continuing counselling, he still doesn't get it, so how can he change, change what, he is doing everything right.

Funny note to finish on, but an important one to highlight what I mean by being vigilant and the hard work involved in staying.

Last night as I was washing my face DH came into the bathroom, stood there for a few seconds then turned off the running water. He's done this in the past, and I've just turned it on again and let it go. This time, I turned it on again and when I was finished came out and told DH never to do that again, trying to CONTROL how I wash my face stops now. He defended himself with, but I don't like you running all that water. Now this is a man who every morning has a full 15 minute shower. I told him I don't give a shit about that, never again tell me how to wash my face. Now to remind him I was serious, picked it up again this morning. My showers are a get in get washed and out 5 minute job, after 5 minutes I walked into the bathroom, his head was full of shampoo and his eyes closed, I leaned in and shut off the water. Can you imagine, when he stopped carrying on, i said, i don't like the length of time you take to shower or the huge amount of water you use for 15 minutes every day. If it is fine for you to decide how long I can wash my face for, it's fine for me to decide how long you shower for. Now i am sure this will happen at least once more before he gets it. But I will keep it up till he does.

This is bloody hard. It is like dealing with a two year old. This is how it will always be. My life for as long as i stay will be like raising a two year old and training him to treat people with respect, that its not all about him, there are other people in the world. He of course, will never develop to a stage where he just gets that, it will be constant lifelong reminders.

You are far better off financially than I am. Should I go now, I would have no home and not enough to buy one outright, and only a pension of around $500 a fortnight to live on. I won't put myself there without a fight. I seem to be winning at the moment, and I suspect with DH wanting nothing but the best for himself, that will always be the case. But it is a hard life, I do not want the behaviour I am forced to manage DH with to become part of me. I don't want to turn into him and treat everyone like I am special your not.

So I have two full time jobs, managing a narcissist, and making sure I don't become one.

Think long and hard about bringing them back into your life. Because even if he leaves her physically behind, he will NEVER leave her behind in his mind and heart. You will always be fighting the demon

That said, if you stay and are prepared to end the marriage, emotionally prepared, you may just cope with it. I now believe that if DH leaves and I struggle financially, well so what, a financial struggle would be better than the emotional one I was living in before banning sd. so if it looked like going back there, I'd be gone. I can live without him now. That is how I can stand up for myself now, I have lost the fear of losing him, and found some self respect.

Dunwiththem's picture

OMG EBU - I just had to react to your post.
My DH used to tell me off for running the tap whilst cleaning my teeth, yet, like yours, he would spend ages in the shower, insisting on washing his hair & beard twice (both just 1/8 inch long!) etc etc. He was also the recycling policeman - inspecting the bins - and wo-betide anyone if potato peelings got put in the black rubbish! Major crime. HIS rules RULE. I feel your pain. And sorry, shesdriving, for highjacking your thread. I just had to say.

LOL, you reminded me, DH used to check the recycling bin too. He stopped last year after I chucked a full bag of r
Household rubbish into the recycling and filled the household bins with bottles etc., I actually went through the recycling bin earlier that day and re arranged things. He backed off after that.

Dunwiththem, seriously, for the moment I have never been calmer or less stressed than I am now. Who knows what the morrow brings, but at the moment, I can happily laugh at his stupidity, and be grateful that I was never born and raised the way he has been. It's all good right now, cause, I look after me first, I worry about my feelings, I see myself as being important. Fancy that eh! , hopefully each day will only serve to see me get stronger and stronger. I survived the narcissist. Well done to me. Now to stay on top, and guess what I've realised, the narcissist needs me more than I ever needed him, he had me bluffed for years and years. The love blinders are off and I see him for what he is. A bully. I have stood up to the bully and like all bullies, he has backed down.

She has, if you read her earlier posting, she has asked him to leave while she sorts herself out.

Good Morning all. Thought I'd write a bit before DD and gk's rise and shine.

Hubby keeps calling but I am not answering. Twit also calls but no way in hades do I intend to talk to that one.

It is peaceful for now. Seems very strange without hubby around but nice not to be putting up with his and Twitski's bunk.

My DD was appalled at what I told her. She has always loved hubby, but is disturbed about him telling me to apologize to the Twit right in front of her. As for Twit's ghoulish comments, unappropriate under any circumstances.

Amber Miller's picture

I'm happy for you that you are getting a break from twit and daddy. I can only imagine how weird it must feel without DH there but you are doing the right thing. I just want to state the obvious; under no circumstances should you answer twits calls. Your marriage is none if her business. If she's trying to apologize then it is too late. She should've apologized years ago. I wouldn't give this piece of $h!t the time of day if I were you unless she gave a full, heart-felt apology in regards to this situation and for all the other times that she has abused you. This apology is to be given in front of her father which we know will never happen due to her personality disorder and enabling behavior on behalf of DH. amazing how step-twit can write a nasty letter, daddy gets mad and then forgives her quickly when the crying little baby twit comes crawling back for daddy's love and adoration. You make him mad for calling out twit as she deserved and he gets mad at you and is less apt to forgive you as easily as he forgives his twit. Maybe you should start crying constantly and see if he treats you like his personal twit since he apparently can't handle crying. Twit knows this and that's why she bawls like a baby in a dirty diaper who needs a change and a bottle. Its all designed to manipulate him.
A 50 year old crying to daddy is disgusting and disturbing. Why does DH think its ok for her to make comments about having to wait to inherit your stuff when you die because you won't relinquish your belongings when you are alive? Then she says she's joking and he believes her? Before you know it, your DH will make an excuse for her because she takes anti-depressants (which is not bad, I've taken them too) and is going to say what my DH says about step-satan; "she's mentally ill and therefore should not be held responsible because her mind doesn't work right". Makes me want to throw up every time. Many people suffer from depression, bipolar, schizophrenia and they know right from wrong but in my case, my step-$!ut gets to play this excuse. I only bring this up because I know twit likes to blame her bad behavior on not taking her meds. Frustrating!
I really do wish you the best. I hope DH gets his head out if twits toosh and comes to his senses soon. I get the strong feeling that you love your husband very much but that you also love yourself enough to walk away. I hope this doesn't happen. You take care and enjoy your time with your own beautiful, classy and caring daughter.
Amber

sandye21's picture

The crying thing will never work with She's Driving because DH still sees Twit as a child. She's Driving is 'the adult'. I know it's hard to beleive considering that she is 50! Unbelievable!!!

If twit were to apologise on bended knee in front of daddy, in a courtroom swearing own a bible, or in front of God himself, it wouldn't be genuine, she is incapable of thinking of anyone but herself. If Twit apologises, and yes, she might give one, it would all be about getting something for twit. She will never be one bit sorry for any harm she has caused SDM. She will never change. She has shown you what she is, she is almost 50. She will be like this at 100. Twit needs to be nothing more in your life than a bad memory.