You are here

VIOLENT 14 YEAR OLD, among other issues...

SamiPix's picture

Once again, this disrespectful kid is out of control.  We found vaping and weed paraphernalia in his room and of course it got taken away and there was a very loud conversation about it.  Find out today when he texts his father being a disrespectful brat that he is threatening first to hurt himself of we don't give it back.  Second, HCBM calls DH hysterical that he has threatened to hurt/kill we don't know which because she won't be specific DH and me.  SS14 knows I have an orange belt in TKD and MMA, and I will wipe the floor with him. That being said, I wouldn't want to resort to that.  He is bigger than me and I am very concerned he has now once againade specific threats.  We were supposed to have him this weekend but HCBM wants to keep him because she is worried he might do something.  I'm at a loss here.  I know the kid has issues.  Venting... not even sure what I'm going to do.  HCBM promised DH she would get him seen this week.  

This added to SD23 having threatened to kick my ass last year, and I've reached a slow boil.  She isn't avowed in my home and I'm thisclose to now banning the 14 yo we have 50% custody of.  I'm beyond pissed.  

24 years as a SM's picture

If this little sh*t is threatening to hurt himself in a text, Baker his ass, call the police and let them know that he is threatening to hurt himself. Or if he says it to your DH while visiting take his butt to the ER and they will put him on a 72 hour psych hold. Your DH and you both need to document all of this, so SS14 can't turn it around and say that you two are abusing him.

still learning's picture

My daughter did all the self-harming behaviors and threatening to kill herself when she was a teen. Our therapist told me to call 911 every single time she did it.  It only took a few times for her to stop threatening to kill herself. Being held in isolation in the ER and examined by a bunch of doctors is not the kind of attention she wanted!  It's hard, I'm sorry. Make your DH deal with this, this is not your mess!  

SteppedOff's picture

Exactly this...every time. It works!

We had a student who came to us in a foster situation...this was the MO each time he had an issue at school. It got results and responsibility put anywhere but where it should have been. 

The responsibility needed to be put back on the student and away from the school. We were instructed by the psychologist to call 911 each time to report the threat to harm oneself. It took three times ambulance arriving to take to hospital psych for evaluation. This resolved the issue.

It really was a win..win. The student was not ignored and in a more productive way....and the school would not be responsible if something terrible did in fact happen.

Good luck!

Wicked stepmo.'s picture

I agree with reporting the self harm threats also the possession of marijuana. As a minor he can be forced to cooperate with treatment through family court. 

The police can ticket him to family court and BM wouldn't have a say. He would be ordered to outpatient treatment and supervision. If that didn't work the judge can order him inpatient.

justmakingthebest's picture

Report it. Have him taken in on a psych hold. 

If you don't put a stop to this in a big and real way it is only going to get worse. 

SamiPix's picture

If she doesn't take care of it we will.  We will see what happens next week. If she shits the bed and doesn't have him seen, I'm going to go nuclear. 

justmakingthebest's picture

I think that is a fair warning to BM. If he pulls this crap again and says anything even related to hurting himself or anyone else, call 911. Have him admitted om a psych hold. It will be the most eye opening experience for him and either start the help he deserves and needs or stops the BS drama.