You are here

Twit, the Ghoul, is back!

shes driving me crazy in my retirement's picture

Well after hanging up on her father a few days back all has been quiet until this morning. Phone call for DH. As it was summed up to me by DH, Twit has been busy watching over the estate of her FIL so her hubby's other siblings don't get more than she does. Note I said SHE here as she is so greedy it is sickening. DH sees nothing wrong with her actoins, but I do.

Anyway, I digress. Twit tells DH that she needs to have a copy of his will and know where all our papers are, safety deposit box keys and a list of the property so SHE knows where it is when he passes. She also indicated she should have a copy of my info as she lives closer to us than my DD does.

DH told me he probably should give her a list of things so she knows what and where. I told him fine, just don't include my stuff, my property and the stuff that is going to my DD in it.....which is pretty much everything. You see, the house is mine, the car is in joint tenenancy with right of survivorship, the antiques, jewelry, and pretty much all of the furniture are mine that I either had before marrying DH or inherited. [NOTE to others: Inheritance is not joint tenancy regardless of what state you live in as far as I know} And, the bulk of the $$$ is mine as I never comingled funds. Of course Twit doesn't know that.

I asked DH why he would want to do that at this time as we are both in good health and the chances of both of us going at the exact same time are slim and none. And I certainly know that Twit isn't getting any of my informatoin. My lawyer and my DD have copies of my information.

Twit is probably going to have an apolexy attack when she finds that, if anything happens to me, her father doesn't inherit the bulk of my estate, my DD does....he gets a lifetime interest in living at the house and an allowance and upon his passing the house goes to my DD. That is certainly going to shock be begesus out of Twit.

Honestly, just the fact that this ghoul is wondering around within striking distance is starting to scare me.

You see, Twit, I KNOW what inheritance means. And IMO, it means that YOU get nothing from ME regardless of whether I pass before your father or not. And, TWIT, your father doesn't have the ability to give you hardly anything. BUT, I have set aside the ashtray and the resin plate she gave me for gifts to go back to her. Right now I have it in a box with her name on it and a note saying that since I know how much she liked these items that she gifted them to me, I wanted her to have them. Yeah, tacky, but for now it makes me feel good.

Oh, upon asking DH if Twit apologized to him for hanging up, DH said no, but I need to understand that she is under a lot of stress due to her FIL's passing. My comment? Oh, really? DH just smiled and agreed and we dropped the issue.

Twit wants, wants, wants and gives nothing in return.

In fact, for what this is worth, she didn't even want to give us the address of the wake and details. As she said, we probably didn't want to drive that far (it is about an hour away). I told her that was not so....that we love her husband and have respect for his father and want to pay our respects. Note how she tried to keep us cut off? No doubt she would have bitched a fit if we didn't go and blamed it on me to her PC team mates....you know the EVIL stepmother.

You know, she is so darn ignorant that she didn't even understand why the FIL's church (he was active in the church) would give a luncheon (of course the family pays for the food, but the church members prepare and serve it in the Church hall) after the funeral service for those who attended?! As I said, no class what-so-ever.

As I said, I have disengaged from dealing with her and her nonsense, but I still keep an eye on her as she is vicious, nasty, mean and crafty.

Rags's picture

Ummmm .... not NO but F-NO!

The only appropriate answer to the TWITSTER on her request for your's and your DH's estate information is that "Our executors have your contact information and all of the information and will call you when and if it is necessary ... Buh Bye!"

End of TWIT involvement in your estate until she is called to the executor's or executrix's office for the reading of the wills and to pick up her ashtray and resin plate.

Oh to be a fly on that office wall when the will is read. I might just hang around the paranormal world for a while just to watch that and to throw in some after life torment just for the fun of it ... before heading off to the big vacation destination in the sky.

Have fun with this. I can think of a whole bunch of ways to leverage this for a boat load of fun and enjoyment.

Sincerely,

Oh, I whole heartedly agree....but I am not going to start a fight with DH about this. In fact, she might be quite surprised when she finds that daddy doesn't have that much and most of it is mine. I could see some major sucking up coming which would fall on my deaf ears.

Check with an estate attorney....one who deals with wills and not just an average lawyer. Sometimes Elderly Law Practice attorney's might be the answer (no, that doesn't mean they are old, just that they practice manly with us older folk). He/she can give you the options for your state. And, yes, you can put the home in your daughter's name now with joint oweneship with the right of survivorship if that is a concern and also the property.

BTW, you might have as much but just don't know it. My Grandmother taught me years back to keep the vultures away. She learned the hard way. With her second husband, she helped out his kids even to the point of buying a farm for them, which had a small mortgage on it in their name. Seems the adult kids (at this time they were in their 40's) never let Gma know they were not making their payments and skipped off. The loan went into default and Gma didn't know about it until too late, or she would have paid it off. So, she lost her investment in that farm due to their irresponsibility. Now, Gma always said, fool me once, and she never gave them an opportunity to get her again. She made sure everything was in her name and my Dad's name so that ghoulish step sister of his couldn't touch it. When Gma passed, Dorothy came looking for HERs but there was nothing. So she tried to cart off all the furniture. My Gma had a good attorney who filed THEFT charges against Dorothy as she was entitled to none of it. She got it back. Dorothy tried to contest the various savings and investments to no avail. And she tried for 1/2 the house but since it was joint tenancy with right of survivorship, she got nadda. You see, stepkids have no right to YOUR estate. To this day I will always remember how she threatened my Father at the wake and funeral.

FWIW, she found out what a scum this second husband was whe he passed and he left it in his will that he wanted to be buried next to his FIRST wife! That didn't surprise me because he would always talk to me and tell me how his first wife was so dainty, beautiful etc., which I always found strange. As my Dad said, a lot of skeltons came out of the closet when his stepgrandfather passed.

oldone's picture

I'd be willing to fake my death to see her reaction to getting her "treasure box".

My stupid SS brags on the internet about the condo is Dad has. Uh - no it has belonged to me for years before I even met your dad. He does not inherit it either.

And SS lived with his dad during some very lean times so he knows that the funds are not his dad's. I posted before that I heard him on the phone bragging that his dad married "very well". And that doesn't mean that I am a nice person - he thinks I have a lot more money than I do.

We are spending down the principal so there will be little left in old, old age. But as I've seen from my parents and others once you get to a certain age you are too feeble to do anything but eat and sleep.

Hi oldone. Yep, just the thought of the look on her face would be priceless. The look on her face as she realizes she gets nothing else would also be rewarding.

LucyD's picture

Heh heh... you surely can get yourself into a very expensive, very nice nursing or retirement home to eat and sleep in your feeble end days though:-) Better to take some wonderful vacations now.

Why thank you catmom1. Yep, all the t's are crossed and the i's dotted. You see, DH is a good man, which as my Mother once told me, is hard to find and she was right. BUT, he, outside of his SS and a smal pension and savings, didn't have much. I, on the other hand, had a house, inheritance, savings, investments, etc. Checked that out B4 getting married as at that time I didn't know anything about his kids and wanted it to go to my daughter. A good attorney, estate attorney, is worth his weight in gold IMO.

Hi Wowthisishard. Sounds like your DH has done right by you. Agree, if there is something wrong with the sk you need to know what it is so you know how to handle it. Sometimes, just sometimes there may be an underlying illness (brain tumor comes to mind) that makes people act out.

In Twit's case there might be illness, but it is the mean, nasty, cruel type with the Me, Me, Me added.

You might recall that one of the things Twit has done was show up at our home, 2 summers ago, and bawl because she was afraid that when we passed she would be cut out! Can you imagine! At that time, too, she wanted assurances of what she was going to get. Well, at that time, since I had not disengaged yet, DH, and I am ashamed to say Moi, did ask her what she had in mind and if there was something that she really wanted, that wasn't an heirloom I would make sure she got it.

What she was looking for was assurances of $$$. What she got was nothing. After trying to be nice etc., I told her that DH and I were in good health and we didn't want to discuss it as it was bad joss.

This looking for profit from our deaths seems to be a reoccuring theme with her and one that bothers me. Very Ghoulish.

But as I have posted, Twit is very strange and volitile and very, very scarey. Once she hip bumped me causing me to loose my balance but I caught myself onthe counter. When confronted with what she had done she fained surprise and then couldn't understand why there would be a problem as.....I didn't fall after all!!!

Amber Miller's picture

Sounds like princess brat. There's " something wrong with her" mentally so we all have to appease her. Makes me sick!

Amber Miller's picture

I can't believe the audacity of this Twit. What a piece of work. As I pointed out in an earlier post, this is so offensive as you and DH are not currently sick or dying. Her actions send the message that she can't wait for you guys to " kick the bucket" so she can get her grubby little hands on your assets. She should be ashamed of herself. I wouldn't even dream of asking my parents about what I am going to get when they "croak". I want them to live forever and I could care less what they are leaving to me and my little sister. In fact, I hope they spend all of their money before they get too old to enjoy it. I would be happy if they left nothing for us because that would mean that they enjoyed the rewards of their hard work that they earned when they were alive and well. If I want something I need to go out and earn it for myself; I don't need their money. Since there has been some talk on here about inheiritances, vultures and family passing away I decided that DH and I should discuss our finances and assets. I told him that we need to think about getting a trust set up and that we need to decide how we want things dealt with when we pass. My concern is DH's evil psychotic daughter and her lovely wh@re of a mother. They think my DH was born just to pump their pockets full of money. They have both already taken thousands upon thousands from my DH. If I outlive DH, I don't want to deal with psycho princess brat. She would love nothing more than to take our house, kick me out and have it for herself as she is very spoiled, entitled , selfish, cruel and GREEDY just like Twit. We have 3 kids a piece from prior marriages and I don't want our kids fighting over our assets. I want them all to be treated fairly. I know my sons and his sons will handle our deaths with care and class; our only problem is princess psycho-bag. I also don't want her to get a big check all at once. Whatever is left for princess assh@le needs to be put in some sort of trust where she is not allowed to get her greedy little hands on it all at once. The thought of her getting a lump sum of cash makes me sick as she would probably spend it all within a week on designer handbags, clothes and shoes. She wouldn't be able to handle the responsibility as she has already shown when daddy gave her $1000 a month to live on for 5 years while she went to "school" ( yeah right). She didn't even pass one class and lied to her father; stupid entitled little brat. DH agrees with me. I told him I want a clause in our will that states that if anyone contests the will and causes trouble that they forfeit their inheritance and will then receive $5. I will come back from the dead and haunt that little tramp if she causes any trouble. She doesn't deserve anything as she has caused so much trouble.

Hi Amber - EXACTLY how I feel about what Twit is doing. She doesn't bother spending time with dear ole dad now, but wants to know how much and what she will get when we are gone. Heck, we aren't dead or near death and she is already on the prowl for $$$.

Heck, FWIW, my own DD doesn't know exactly what she is being left, she just knows where my papes are, where to find the safety deposit box key, who my lawyer is and who the executor is. As for what, she has to wait until I am gone to find out the exact specifics. As she has told me several times, I should have a good time living a long time (which I intend to do, God willing) traveling and living so well that the check to the undertaker bounces - lol!

As yo can see, there is a BIG difference between Twit's give me, what do I get, tell me where things are, etc., and my daughter's attitude of it's yours, have a good time with it.

Amber Miller's picture

Hi she's driving me crazy; good morning! Your DD sounds like such a nice person from all you have said about her. It must be nice to have such a good relationship with your daughter. I know mother/daughter relationships can be challenging; I have some issues with my mother as she treats me like I'm 13 but I still love and respect her. I told my DH about your situation with Twit and his immediate response to me (what he said) is that it sounds like she has a severe personality disorder and that her behavior around her father and your assets and her incessant harassment about what she is getting (or in this case NOT GETTING) is an indication that she is selfish and classless. He said he would be offended and horrified if our kids were acting like Twit. I told him you call her Twit and he started laughing. I told him that her mother sent her a copy of the paperwork that shows that she's cut out of the will and he said "good for her mother to not tolerate that behavior" and he also commented that Twit must have gone too far too many times with her mother in order for her to cut her out of the will. IT WOULD BE SO NICE IF HE COULD APPLY THAT SAME THINKING IN REGARDS TO HIS OWN ADULT BRAT, but he can't. I''ve been sharing the stories that I am reading about on this forum with the hopes that he might wake up and begin to get the idea that he needs to set limits with his own psycho daughter. Its refreshing to hear that you have taken care of your assets in an appropriate legal manner and that you are lovingly setting aside the gifts that Twit has given to you as an inheritance. You are right, if Twit likes those trashy gifts enough to give them to you then I am sure she will treasure them in your memory after you are gone and will be so grateful that you thought to leave them for her. After all, as Twit has pointed out, its the thought that counts.

Hi Amber - The truth is, as with most of us parents, girls are hard to raise. Being a single parent (divorced) we had many a tuff about things. An example is that she wold babysit for the woman across the street who worked as a waitress at a very upscale restaurant. She depended on DD for babysitting. So, DD gets a call from her girlfriend who is having boyfriend problems (ah the teen years) and DD wants to call the woman and cancel out of babysitting at the last minute! Boy, did I put my foot down. Told DD that she had a commitment, she had to hold to it, and furthermore, if she wasn't going to babysit as she has commited to, she could sit in the house and watch tv with me all night...she wasn't going anywhere. I told her to ask the woman if her friend could come over, that she would probably allow it, and she did.

What a battle of wills that was. She didn't like it, but she did it. yeah, I gave her the lecture about giving one's word, responsibility etc. which she didn't like. It is called parenting. Bet she remembers that now that she has children of her own. And I know she doesn't run a democracy in her household either...she and her hubby are co-dictators.

The difference is DD listened and learned and respected me. Twit, well that is a different case all together. She is just nasty to me and I won't stand for it...no way, no how.

luchay's picture

It just astonishes me that people assume they are entitled to something. It's a gift if someone leaves you something.

My mother and step father for about the last 15 years or so tries to have this conversation with me about what they have, what do I want, how the will is written etc.

I very politely tell her that I am glad they have everything neat and tidy as we don't want to have to worry about that at such a devastating time, and that I actually don't want to know, don't want to even think about it let alone talk about it as I would prefer to focus on the fact that they are alive and well and enjoy them.

My father passed last November, and he had not very much, his estate was divided between my sister and myself, basically we just went in one day (took a bit of dutch courage as neither of us felt like facing it, but we had to do it obviously) It was fun and a lovely celebration of him actually, finding things from over the years, remembering and telling stories, keepsakes for his grandchildren and a LOT of laughing at his pantry - he was an amateur chef and OMG the stuff we found in there!!

For me, the best thing is having his cd's, books and movies.

noway70's picture

When my grandad (actually, he was married to my mom's aunt. He and my great aunt raised my mom, so he was my grandad) passed, he had few possessions, and simply left a note stating who should get what.
I guess he never would have imagined what everyone would "fight" about was his hat.
That was almost 20 years ago. I miss him to this day.

Twit is unbelievable!
What do her siblings think of her?

Seeing as Twit likes to run the show, her own siblings will probably get left-overs as she will descend like a vulture on what there is. It is very telling that even her own mother has cut her off because of her behavior. I guess all of us are getting tired of Twit's vicious nonsense.

Amber Miller's picture

Twit is getting what she deserves. Its nice to see and it gives me hope that eventually SD will get what she has coming to her. One can only hope as princess has "emotional problems" and we all have to please her as she might do something bad. Eventually her parents have to stop living in fear of what their daughter might do. She has total control of the family and it makes me sick. I can only hope that she will soon expose herself for what she is (like Twit did) and then all this hell will be over with.

Newimprvmodel's picture

What f&*/-8( nerve!!!!!
I truly do not know how i would respond other than what i posted above. nuff said.....(shaking my head)

Hi Getagrip - My will says the family heirlooms, my jewelry, china, and other significant things go to DD when I pass. DH doesn't want them any way and agrees my DD should get them.

Since I disengaged and DH has had to deal head on with Twit, he is seeing her in a totally different light. He actually has told me not to give her anything....like a necklace (not that I was planning to) because she doesn't appreciate anything! Wowza!

Of course, he wants to leave his kids something....I was going to suggest that he put his Lazy-Boy recliner to Twit, but I didn't want to start trouble. Believe me, Twit doesn't want that type of stuff....she wants the stuff that is worth $$$, things like the house, which she ain't getting.

And, yes, I have already passed things on to DD that I don't use or wear.

LONGTIME SM's picture

Omg. Getagrp. . My step grand kids wanted to know how much things in my china cabinet were worth also! I can't believe young children even think about this -this has to be coming from the steps themselves using their children as spy's in our homes. Remarkable how alike so many of our stories are.

Amber Miller's picture

I would be really offended if my children did this to me. Its none of their business and they are showing how selfish they are. How disgraceful.

sandye21's picture

'Getagrip', My DH also came into the marriage will nothing but a beat up car and lies about how much he earned and what his future would be in his job. One member of his family, a SIL assumed I was leaving everything to SD?!!! I informed her I would be leaving it to charity rather than leave it to rude SD, and asked SIL if she thought I was on SD's will. The subect has never been brought up again.

'She's driving me', I can't believe the nerve of Twit! I hope you do not allow her in your home. You said you don't mind if your DH gives her a list of what she will inherit. Good! Whether she objects or not, you have legally covered your assets. I agree with another poster about distributing certain items before anyone passes. If my DH passes before me I am not allowing SD within shouting range. You definitely gave me a 'heads-up'. I am going to ask relatives to keep watch if I die before DH.

I just need to post this mainly because I don't want to bring up to my DH what an arse Twit is.

DH's birthday was this week and he never heard from Twit. Not a phone call, not a card, nadda. He didn't say anything, but I noticed. I also noticed he was a little down for a few days. His other kids, and my DD remembered him.

Interesting, this treatment is from Twit who is wanting to know where the info is so that she can collect if we pass, and what she is going to get. YET, she can't even bother to call her LIVING father or send him a card. Scarey, should he pass, she would be right her looking for what she deemed was hers...grab, grab, grab anything she would think she could get away with.

And I would be throwing her out of the house, and if she aggrevated me enough, out of the funeral. At that time I would have no need or tolerance of Twitstronics.

DH is getting her number, unfortunately, all hope springs eternal

Hi doormatnomore - Thanks for bring up those items. Yes, DD knows what a train wrect Twit is. DD tried to get along with her but with Twit's attitude and actions, DD decided she didn't want to waste the time. She gets along fine with the other two adult stepkids.

What is a PPO?

Funny, I never thought about Twit attending my funeral. Always figured she would be too busy at the house trying to break in to take what she thinks is her due. I have told DD not to take any guff from her about anything, that the WILL states who gets what and she gets nadda. I also have told DD that, should anything happen to me before DH passes, what my will says so she knows what is what and that should Twit try to abscound with any of the property that will go to DD, she is to notify my executor and have a theft report filed on Twit. I do believe DH will follow my directoins as we have already talked about it, agreed and he has even signed the will that he is in agreement with its directives just so there is no contention (got to cross those t's and dot the i's) and Twit can't intice DH to try to claim a spousal portion of my estate. This was at the direction of my attorney as well. My antiques etc. are inventoried, some are on the insurance so if Twit abscounds with them there could be some real legal problems for her. DD has a list and a list is with my will.

I have a safety deposit box here that has a lot of stuff that DD should get and DD has a key to it and is on the safety deposit card. Since this is stuff I inherited, don't use right now or wear, there is no reason to have DH on the signature card so that solves some of that.

Let me tell you, This stuff is a lot of work, but necessary in this situation. When we remarry and our partner has children from a second marriage, or we have assests of our own, it is not the same as a couple just starting out in life.

My Father wised me up to all this ghoul stuff years back when he had big problems with his stepsister after his mother passed. There too, when the SS thought she didn't get enough she raided the house and took all kinds of antiques etc. My Father consulted the executor/lawyer of the estate and he had a police report put out on her for theft and she was made to account for the stuff she took and return it in good condition or go to jail.

Is that like a restraining order? I don't have grounds for one YET, but the time may come.

FWIW, DH still hasn't heard from her for his birthday...surprise, surprise. She is probably too busy out selling pots and pans to bother with her father right now. After all, he is alive and healthy and I am too. Sadly, I think that should that ever change, the ghoul will be haunting us incessively so she is in the know.

Then I will think seriously about banning her from the hospital room because I, well I just don't trust her, period.