You are here

Told my Husband I'm done!

AVR1962's picture

21 years of this, ugh! Husband had custody of boys from 2 & 4, I entered pic 3 years after his divorce. With time I took on more and more responsibility but oh how I wish I would have run!

Today I told my husband I will not be a part of any of this anymore, I was done. All these years if a situation came up, we'd talk, we'd agree on how to handle the situation and I was trying to get him to continue to care for his children but he would time and time not come thru.

I ended up picking and choosing what to deal with and how to address it. Of course SSs felt I had no business dealing with them and that was supported by BM, she never worked with us. husband never confronted her on anything she said or it. It was always me in the spotlight as to being wrong to "do" this or "say' this.

At one point I had disengaged completely but husband manipulted the situation and said all thes ethings to drag me back in and here I am again. This morning I told him that he is going to have to have a relationship with his sons without me involved. They have never wanted me in the picture, have made life extrememly difficult and he expects me to forgive, forget and let go but they can say whatever they want to me and treat me as they wish? No!

Of course this didn't set well with him, he gave a me a nasty glare and walked out the door. I am so frustrated and so upset, kicking myself for being conned into letting SS back in my life.

I have to, have to, have to be stronger and not waver.

AVR1962's picture

It does help StepAside and I think it is a wonderful example to be able to look to your step Gma as an example. I have one daughter left at home and I would really like to enjoy the time I have with her without all the drama of the steps.

What I realize is that for whatever reason kids (steps or bios) feel the way they do for their parents there is really nothing we can do about that. They are seeing from whatever stand-oint they opt to see. Whether ex would have had custody or never existed we could easily be dealing with the same issues with the steps, as this may be a reflection of their personality. Husband and I talked on the phone about this after our exchange this morn.

Being a parent is a tough tough role, and being a very involved SM put me in a perfect set up for what I'm experiencing now. Maybe 10 years will make a difference, and maybe it will not. I don't hold hope for change anymore.