You are here

Today DH is For Twit/Tomorrow he is peeved at her......This is really getting to me BIG TIME!

shes driving me crazy in my retirement's picture

About 3 weeks ago, DH, exploded at me about my disengaging from his daughter, aka Twit. This happened after a good period of time when she ignored him, and a whole bunch of other carp. It also came a few weeks after he showed up at her house (I was not along) and found that she was having a party (in progress) for the Grandson who had just returned from the service!! All other members of the family were there. He was extremely hurt.

Anyway, for a good 6 months or so I thought DH was starting to see the light on what was going on. Heck, he even commented to me about things he observed his daughter do to me that were uncalled for and not appropriate. I never engaged in conversation on that but just agreed (you have to enforce positive behavior when it happens).

So, for the last few weeks he has been a tirade against me because I should be nicer to the TWIT and on it goes. I have tried to step back, but the tension is still there. Then, out of the clear blue sky, he apologizes and says that I shouldn't have to put up with her carp, but then - aka Dr. Jeckle/Mr. Hyde, he turns around and goes on another triade.

I will not be abused by TWIT or him and I made that clear. I am on the verge of throwing him out and seeking a divorce, life is too damn short for this nonsense. I am only standing my ground because I don't know what the heck is going on with these swings.

I know they have been in contact as one Sat. earlier, she called up at the last moment to have him go take care of her dog, which she had left and wouldn't be home for for hours! He did it. I talked about that on another thread so I won't go back into details.

She cruely blew him off for Thanksgiving. Not that we asked her, but she made it clear she had OTHER PLANS for that weekend (saint's be praised!) and then hung up on him.

I believe he has tried calling her several times, but I don't easedrop so I really don't know.

My own daughter and her family are coming for Christmas holidays and DH has not said a word about TWIT. I do know that TWIT will make an appearance because she is looking for her stash for herself and her brood. I do hope DH remembers to get them all something 'cause I'm not.

Anyway, I don't know what to think about the constant turn arounds he is doing lately? Is this common when someone is starting to get the picture, the reality of what is going on? How does one handle it without going crazy?

It's like an emotional roller coaster than I don't want to be on. And it is quite draining. After last Christmas I got ill and broke out in a rash from stress due to putting up with TWIT. Took months to get it under control as well as my own emotions. DH certainly has to realize what this stuff is doing to me physically and mentally.

I know I am doing well in my disengaging from Twit. My problem now is dealing with a DH who doesn't seem to get that her carp and his carp are putting me over the brink.

Right now I am crying.....I don't know if I want to take any more of this nonsense.

He may be having a hard time with realization of what Twit does, but don't take it out on me.

I did, causiously ask if he had heard from Twit lately. The answer was no. Then he went into a triade about how she only calls when she wants something. I said nothing, just listened.

Now, after dinner, he is pondering why I can't be nicer to her, be the bigger person, etc.

This, sadly to say, got me. I told him I was being the bigger person by leaving her alone since she is always mean and nasty to me. That her behavior was making me ill and I couldn't take it any longer. Didn't get snotty, just stated it matter of factly. Probably should have said nothing, but what I said was truthful and he knows it. As I said, at times he brings it up to ME about how nasty Twit is to me and how uncalled for it is, and how he doesn't like it.

Sigh, now he is pounting because of what I said. Geez, this is a no win situation. Maybe it is time for me to tell him he has to leave until he, make that we so it sounds like I'm not attacking him, work this out with Twit one way or the other.

SA - You think so? I mean I have already been through rounds of Twit escalating because I have change my dynamics with her - and she doesn't like it.

The only reason I asked if he had heard from Twit was that I thought that maybe, just maybe, she was the reason he was pizzed. Evidently that was not so. I guess he has been leaving messages that she isn't answering. Right now she doesn't need anything.

This is becoming way too much for me healthwise. I would go stay with my daughter for awhile if I wasn't concerned that the house would be cleaned out by Twit of things she wants while I was gone. Yep, I have no doubt. It would be a case of "Daddy can I have that picture, do you think those figurines will be missed" etc. And Hubby's excuse will be how we are getting old etc., totally forgetting the fact that the items are not his to begin with.

I am also the bad guy because when her son was kicked out of school and arrested for drugs, they wanted me to pony up the legal fee $$$ and bond money. I said nope, sorry, can't do.

It wasn't like Twit is poor, she and her hubby bring in over 6 figures a year. Then she wanted me to "loan" it to them. Nope, told her that I couldn't touch my investments at that time without incurring penalties (that was a lie) that worked eventhough she and hubby were both teed at me.

Hey, her kid, her problem. Frankly, I'd say the same to my daughter.

She wanted Daddy to take out a loan for her. Fortunately, even DH has more sense than to do that, BUT he wouldn't have had a problem if I forked out the $$. Go figure.

Oh, Twit managed just fine. She evidently used some of HER savings and paid the attorney. Interesting, very interesting.

Rising - so it did get worse for you with your DH for awhile? Thanks, perhaps that is it, that he is just going through, oh like a grieving process while he process the state of what Twit is. I certainly hope so.

I am really getting stressed out by the last few days....week by this carp from him.

Ya know SA- you yourself have said you have done the same thing...throwing gas on the fire. You know that sometimes things don't always go like a picture perfect discussion.

DH was pouting and slamming things around. I DID ask if anything was wrong and got no answer at all. This pouting, snapping at me, kicking the dog (not really but you get the jest), continued for quite awhile, days to be exact. FINALLY I did ask if it had anything to do with Twit. I had to know what was going on before I started to think that it was ME. Basically it was a process of elimination with him to get to what was the burr under his saddle. Twit was not the first thing I brought up to try to figure out what was going on. DH is, sadly, the type that mopes and doesn't like to talk about why. Finding out what is wrong with him can be like pulling teeth but at least I would know that it wasn't me.

And, YES, I am considering leaving rather than continue to complain and put up with nonsense from people that have no respect for me. Let's face it, a lot of us here have deluded ourselves that it is some how going to get better. It might, but only if both parties want it to get better. When one wants to play ostrich, then nothing changes.

My health is at stake here. In dealing with Twit, when it rose to a cresendo, I broke out in a rash that lasted months, I threw up, had headaches, etc. Things had to change so I disengaged from Twit.

I am hoping that this is his finally realizing what is going on with Twit and what she is doing, even when I don't react with her, to me, to him, and to our relationship. Putting up with the attitude and the telling me that I need to be nicer to Twit, I am the adult, oh, she didn't mean it, etc., and actually sticking up for her in front of her, when just days before he had told me that Twit was wrong, that she was out of line with me etc, are akin to abuse plain and simple. Right now I just don't know where he is going to be coming from.

Life is too damm short. I come here to vent to try to advert and cool things down and get support from wonderful people like forgotten, sandy, emotionally, etc. It helps alot but things do have to turn around. I am seeking support while I see if things are going to change. I want them to change.

I didn't go into this marriage knowing what a Twit the SD was. She was grown, with children of her own, I really didn't have a lot of contact with her before we retired. Sure, we talked, and I tried to make us all into a family, which is what she said she wanted. I assumed she would be a normal person, but I guess I assumed wrong.

Funny, I get along fine with her brother, my SS. Just Twit is the problem.

I have to stop right now, I am just too upset by what is going on, and confused.

DH is angry at me and Twit and he is just furious as to why "we" can't get along. He knows, he has seen, he has talked to me about her nastiness to me, I have disengaged, and now I have to ride this out.....and if he doesn't get his head out of between his buttocks, leave...err, tell him to move out as it is MY house.

Exactly Whimsey. It was hubby who wanted to move down here and it was Twit that promoted how great it would be, how she wanted us to be closer. I regret that we ever moved.

In the past Twit would have what she called "issues" with her father. She always wants things her way. Daddy would bend over backwards for her.

Now she seems to have transferred a lot of that carp she use to do to him to me and I won't stand for it.

SA, I wasn't nor am I trying to fix his anger. I just didn't like it being directed at me or having to put up with it. I'm the ONE that got the snippy remarks when I suggested something for dinner, I am the one tht put up with the doors slamming, the silent treatment and then the yelling at me. As I see it, I have the right to know what the heck his problem is....and who it is with, as I should not be the scape goat if it concerns his Twit. That is not co-dependent, that is survival and refusing to put up with this. If it was co-dependent I would be asking how I could fix it for him, how I would take carp from Twit etc. and I'm not doing that.

This has been a roller coaster the last few weeks. At first I just let him alone, igored his rants that it was my fault about Twit, that if I had been more understanding, wasn't thinned skin etc., all would be fine. Then he gets all upset about her. I feel like I have to walk on egg shells around him lately, and that is not right. I live in this house too.

I tried not to take personally his triade swaying both ways but several times I went into another room, or left the house crying. But enough is enough. Sooner or later one has to ask just what is your problem to DH, is it me you are peeved with or is it Twit. Heck, I have even left the house for periods going shopping etc. just to get away from the tension.

This is a serious situation! I have already been to the doctor about stomach troubles.

If his problem is with Twit and what she pulls, then he needs to take it up and out on Twit and not on me. What I am doing here is refusing to be scapegoated because he can't deal with his daughter. He is peeved that I have disengaged from dealing with her, but it is obvious that he doesn't want to deal with her, her mouth and her antics either so he wants to make Twit my problem.

I saw it all along. It is very difficult to deal with and at times like this, like every one else, I need support.

Just this after noon his triade changed....he is upset with Twit because of what she does, does to me etc. I ain't saying a friggin word about her. I try very much to stay out of it. As I said, it's like Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde with him lately.

From what he was blabbing before the Colt's game, as I was sitting at the kitchen table having a cup of hot chocolate and reading a book, he's disgusted, disgusted I tell you, that she hasn't called him! That she is an ingrate, and he doesn't like the way she treats me, talks to me, and doesn't like the way she treats him. All I said, calmly, was: okay, so what are YOU going to do about it - but whatever you do, stop taking it out on me.

Hopefully he will get the message that I am having enough of this nonsense. I am not going to change my attitude or distancing from Twit.

I have been walking around those mine fields for days. No way, no how am I going to comment on his Twit. she is HIS problem.

And, let's face it, holding back and not letting loose on what jerks they both are at this point, is also taking a lot out of me as well. I think we all know what I mean there.

I just don't want to fan the flames and give him something to go at me about. That would not be productive at all. Since, right now he is peeved with her I don't want to give him any incouragement or reason to start to transfer that anger et al. at me.

This is not caving in, this is not being co-dependent, this is being smart and trying to stay out of it without getting caught in the flames and without adding to them. And it is DARN HARD.

Well, after telling DH to stop taking it out on me when he brought up his daughter, that seems to be a point I can use to blunt his attacks.

Yesterday he started to bring up about why I won't do this and that and take carp from Twit, and then in the same triad about how she has problems. I calmly looked up from my book (I read a lot) and tossed him the cell phone. Told him that it was his problem with her and to call her and discuss the matter not to take it out on me.

Shock, I tell you, just shock on his face. Priceless. Don't know if he called or not, don't care. But I hope I can keep up this line of protection. His problem is HER, not me and I don't/won't be the butt of it any more.

Dealing with this carp from both of them has given me stomach problems and headaches. It has to stop.

I also think that, with Christmas coming, he wants me to buy her something as I use to do. Nope, after the last year's gift from her, which was insulting to say the least, I'm done. She is his problem. Hope he can handle it.

forgotten wife's picture

Bravo for your new mindset! It IS his problem and he created it! He would live for you to fix it for him. If only that were possible...

sandye21's picture

Good for you! SA wrote about the 'triangle' where there is a persecutor, a victim and a savior. Your DH wants to look like a hero to SD (always the victim), and he is using you by making you out to be the persecutor to both he and SD. He pulls you into that triangle so he doesn't have to take what is his responsibility to deal with. You are simply removing yourself from the game. But be prepared - SD will punish him, and he may still get on your butt until he gets the message that it won't work anymore.

Thanks all. This detachment is NOT EASY. It would be so much easier to tell him off and what I think of SD, but so nonproductive.

I have distanced for quite a well from SD. DH has been the butt of some very, very cruel actions from SD, as I have, but I look at it much differently these days.

AND, I have this wonderful place, with friends, who understand and encourage and set one straight when necessary to keep on the right, healthy path.

I think the holidays are going to be real rough. Especially when DH finds that I ain't doing a darn thing for SD. Especially when SD see what my daughter gets....the type of gifts I use to get for her too. Oh, the jealousy Twit is gonna hit the fan and probably blast daddy to the moon.

Being older, DH is a traditionalist that believes the woman (that would be me LOL!) gets to do all the gift buying, the entertaining, the inviting etc. Well, I told DH earlier this year that wasn't gonna be happening with Twit. Since she was acting like a total arse (didn't say this to him of course) he could buy gifts for her if he wanted to etc.

I want to say....Twit would be welcome if she learns how to respect ME, not to make snotty remarks, diggs, send me nasty notes on which she blames me for things her father did, etc. I wouldn't take her behavior from any one else, why should I take it from her? She is really nothing to me but the appendage that came along with DH (wish I had known earlier what she was like). I tried, she got nasty, I stopped. End of dealing with Twit for me (yeah, wouldn't I be that lucky).

I did hear from DH that one of the things he is peeved about is that she hasn't called him. If I have it right, seems that since she called about the puppy sitting shite back at the beginning of Nov., and blew him off about Thanksgiving, there hasn't been any contact. If I am understanding his triades correctly, he has called her, left messages and she hasn't returned his calls. Sigh, typical TWIT.

Trust me, she will resurface as we get closer to the holiday and she starts looking for gifts and freebies, OR, if she needs Daddy to take care of the dog again.

sandye21's picture

Yes, she may resurface, but there will be a difference: DH will be handling it all, including care of the dog. He can not fight with what is reasonable, even if he is traditional. A traditional man expects his children to respect his wife.

Oh, I don't know Sandye. DH is sometimes such a pushover. He really bends over backwards to do things for the kids when they ask. I have to admit he has no problem doing things for my daughter years back either. But there is a difference in actually needing help and taking advantage and demanding.

emotionaly beat up's picture

Disengaging from the dysfunction is the only way in the end. Most of us spend years turning ourselves inside out trying to make it work. Eventually we become so stressed and anxious we make ourselves physically ill.

A year ago last August I was at the point where I did not care if the marriage ended. I saw no reason to stay married to a man who felt that I should sit back and allow his daughter to isolate, ignore, humiliate and insult me, while my husband sat back and by his failure to address it, was actually encouraging it.

So I banned his little Princess from my home, and told DH he was welcome to go with her.

It was not pleasant for a few weeks, but then he seemed to settle down and was actually happier in himself. SD seems to sense when he is getting his act together and of course phoned him to drag him down again. This up and down ride went on for a while. Eventually I confronted him on it and said I wasn't prepared to live with the mood swings. I'd send him off to work a happy camper. SD would ring him through the day, and home would come this bad tempered angry pig, who could not hide his contempt for me. I told him I had given him the opportunity to go live with SD a few months earlier and HE made the choice to stay. However he could not stay and make my life a misery. I would not put up with abuse from his daughter and I would not put up with it from him. I again gave him the opportunity to enc the marriage ammicably and he could go live with his daughter. He stayed. Once again things settled down, and whilst I could always tell when he had spoken to her, he did try very hard to hide his moods.

Despite having nothing to do with SD for a year, she was unbeknown to me, working behind the scenes to cause problems with FIL.

Last August almost a year to the day that I banned her. Her boyfriend approached me in the SC Car park and told me my FIL had given him and SD permission to cine to my home and instructions to "just ignore" me.

That encounter ripped me apart. I thought I had a close relationship with FIL. over the years it was me he came to for help. Not my DH not his daughters, and certainly not SD. SD in fact had barely spoken to him in 10 years. She didn't even tell him she was pregnant. Her baby was 2 weeks old before she rang him to let him know she had a child. Now here he was supporting his blood and throwing me to the wolves.

I had of course noticed his attitude towards me over that last 12 months had clearly deteriorated, and that day boyfriend let be know why. SD had been crying to FIL and presenting herself as a victim to him. FIL stood by his prodigal granddaughter.

This encounter with SDs boyfriend was too much. I was absolutely gutted. My husband true to form did nothing. He refused to speak to his father, his daughter or get boyfriend. In fact he wanted me to just forget it.

That was the turning point for me. I completely disengaged from his entire family. But I realized something. Although I had disengaged from Sd a year earlier I never really felt comfortable with it. I felt bad that things had turned out like that. I felt bad for my DH. I always saw things through his eyes and felt some guilt about the mess.

Now after that encounter with the boyfriend I am guilt free. I handle everything differently. I no longer take so much as a look from DH without asking what the look was for. I have my children and grandchildren in my home whenever I want. I used to feel guilty when they were here because his were not. When DH eventually made it clear he wasn't happy with MY grand kids spending do much time here I made no bones about bringing up the reasons mine were here and his were not. I was no longer afraid to remind him that it was HIS DAUGHTER who had issued the ultimatum to him that if he wanted to see his grandchild he had to leave me. I do not bring her up in conversation at all. However if DH makes noises in regards to my family and us resentful of our closeness I am not afraid to remind him WHY we are in this situation.

This change in be has come about because I am guilt free. I used to say I didn't deserve to be treated so badly by DH and SD. I used to think it wasn't right and it wasn't fair. But now it's more than a thought or a feeling. Now KNOW I don't deserve it. Now I really believe it. Now thanks to boyfriend giving me the key to the door out of this family, I am finally free to see things more clearly. My DHs family have personality disorders in varying degrees running right through it. I was never going to win. In fact remaining there hoping things would get better would have sent be to an early grave.

Now it is all on DH. He can live with it. He can ignore it or he can turn his back on it. But he cannot take any if it out on me. Now thankfully he seems to be getting that message.

I think the way you ignored the bait your husband threw at you and gave him the cell phone to sort it out himself was brilliant. Step away from and out of their mess and dysfunction, let your husband kill or feed the monster he created, and feel no guilt about handing all the responsibility for fixing up his mess back to where it belongs. With him.

It can get better. But first you really do have to disengage, not just physically but from your heart and you have to be guilt free.

At the moment things are good. But a phone call from Sd could change that for DH. But not for me. I no longer get sucked into the vortex. DH I suspect will not continue to go through this on his own. While I am not part of his dysfunctional family they cannot throw their spears at me. That only leaves DH as their target. DH created all of this because he is basically selfish. That selfishness will be the reason he too will eventually walk away from it. For now he stays because of his Italian guilt upbringing. His father is 89 and not well. Once his father goes. DH will I suspect become his own man. But whatever happens. My future and my happiness are no longer dependent on DH. I am happy within myself. This 10 year nightmare has given me a new found confidence, has allowed me to develop a sense of self esteem and self worth. It has allowed me to grow and to learn. In many ways I am grateful for the experience. Without it I would still be the ever loving ever serving lap dog I was raised to be, instead of the woman I have become.

Twit is a full blown narcissist. Everything any one dones is done against her. When her son was thrown out of school and booked for doing drugs (stupid enough to have the drug paraphenalia out in the open in the front seat of his car while in the school parking lot) she was all upset about what HE had done to her!! How could he have done that to HER! I would be more concerned about what the kid was doing, where he was getting the stuff and getting him straightened out. It was like he wanted to get caught IMO.

She gets wacky over little things that most of us don't even notice. For instance, once when we traveled down here, before we moved here sadly) we wanted to buy dinner for all since she worked. Thus she could take it easy and there would be no clean up for any of us. She took this as an INSULT. Not that she had anything ready or waiting, but she was insulted that we wanted to do something nice for her. She is always looking for an ulterior motive in anything one does or says.

Shortly after that she emailed me that I was terrible for demanding she serve me steak! Where the h*ll that came from is beyond me as I am not a big red meat eater....her father is. That I was a terrible person and that ALL her friends (obviously her Pampered Chef friends, whom are only of value when they bring in the sales and parties, or the ones in her head) agreed with her about how terrible I was.
Heck, I bet if we offered to take them and their families out for diner so all could take it easy they would be in the car quicker than we could.

Even her husband's best friend's wife won't have anything to do with her. Doesn't want her around her place at all. Usually, in these cases, the wifes get along for the sake of the husbands even if they have different interests etc. I am not surprised, probably can't handle being around her and her wacko rants etc. As I said earlier....people won't put up with her kind of carp, and why should I.

She is the only one I have ever encountered that gets a rant on against someone and then blames them because she got ranting! yes, Twit has problems. She is evil, cruel, malicious, jealous and vindictive. You would not believe the things she has done to people just to be mean......like lying so someone doesn't get a good job reference, or lying to get people in trouble...false accusations. And she laughs at it and thinks it is funny. A real sicko that scares the begesus out of me. But if she suspects someone has done something like that to her, she is out for revenge and doesn't quit until she smears them, fixes them, and then brags about it. Aas she says....she NEVER forgets. As I see that, that also is a big problem she has as she will never have good close friends.

Years back, when DH and I first got married, Twit was telling me stories about her brother. I was shocked by one of them and asked DH if what Twit was saying about her brother was true. He told me then that Twit likes to start trouble, always has. That the story was false (and it has turned out to be false over the years). So he knows what she is and what she does. That sometimes sticks in my craw when he starts this nonsense of how I should overlook things, be the bigger person, etc. I'm smart enough to know not to turn my back on her.

My husbands daughter is the same. I do not understand though how our husbands are so keen to enable their daughters that they will sit their and allow these women to lie about their brothers, our husbands sons. What I see us they have given all their pride and loyalty to these sick women and there is none left for anyone else. Not their wives not their sons. Very sad state of affairs because there are no winners here. Especially the daughters they are trying to put up in pedestals. Everyone hates their daughters.

I sometimes thing DH is scared of being alone in his old age. Hence the pressure put on me to move down here. I must admit, it is much better down where we are now than putting up with shoveling over 100" of snow a year, and it doesn't get real, real code here.....we have all four seasons. But being close to Twit is the downer.

As I said, Twit is looking for guarantees of an inheritance. She is insanely jealous of her own husbands siblings, afraid that when his father passes (and he is in bad health) she is going to get cut out. Always $$$ with her. As I understand from her rants, her husband's sisters and sister-in-laws don't care for her and generally leave her alone. And I don't blame them.

She is always b*tching about them and how they don't take care of the FIL properly etc.

When her grandmother died this summer, she flew down for the funeral by herself. Interesting because DH and I ended up puppy sitting but that was okay because there was a real purpose. She was suppose to be back in 4 days, but when she found her brother and sister were going to stay with her bio-mom (whom she claims she hates and lies all the time) she extended her visit to stay UNTIL they left. She wanted to make sure that if there was any thing being given away she got her share. I had to laugh when she called and told us they were staying....I've got her number loud and clear.

Oh, seems the bio-mom, whom Twit hates, gave her some good jewelry, real gold, etc. Which IMO was pretty darn nice. When Twit was strutting the stuff all she could say was how the BM OWED it to her, that she still hated her. Go figure but note she didn't have any problem taking the jewelry.

Nothing new there. My husbands daughter has made it known she wants to see us both dead. Didn't stop her asking for a new car. Accepting a new washing machine for her new house then hinting for a fridge. Some 3 years ago the company my husband worked for closed down. Sd asked if he had been paid out. He said he had 7 months wages paid to him. Now the worst part of this is she had only just been told he had prostrate cancer. Knowing all if this. She did not ask how he was. No, she asked about the money, then said good. Now you can buy me a boat. I've always wanted a boat.

Nothing on this site is unbelievable to me after having known my husbands daughter. NOTHING.

My word, What nerve! How did your husband react to that? Hopefully she didn't get the boat.

Towanda's picture

Yep EBU, mine too. Never asked how dear old dad was or his cancer. Just bitching front and back of seven pages of how he abandoned her for me.(she is 32 and married) and the other one wrote 4 pages single typed spaces of how she hates me and he should grow balls and leave me.(that one is married also with 3 kids) Never once said how are you doing, do you need chemo, radiation etc. Funny thing is, they saw their own mother die of cancer so you think they could pull one little urge of empathy for him. That is very creepy. He raised them alone for 9 years, never went out, was there every second of every day for them. Didn't marry me until they were all out of the house. That's the reward he gets for being a true full time dad. So sick.

She's driving me. My husband said nothing at all when she asked fir the boat. Not one word. The room just fell into an embarrassed silence. Then she piped up again and started telling him she was getting $2000 back in her taxes. So I suggested she take that money and buy her father a boat. Again no one said a word this was not the first time and not the last this crap came out if her mouth.

Towanda, these 3 idiots had just lost their mother. Yes you would think they'd get the value if life wouldn't you. But this evil bitch only thinks if what's in it for her when people die. Hence her new found attraction to FIL. He is 89.

The mother died from a build up of fluid around the heart. She went to bed and just died at 63. The daughter who lived with her is a nurse. Yet the mother never saw a doctor for this chest infection. Seems she had been sick for weeks. Then dad has surgery for prostate cancer they cane into the hospital the night of the surgery and while he was still out to it sat around and had Friday night drinks. She and the middle brother had mixed vodka with a lemon sift drink and whisky with coke and sat in that room drinking. They never visited him again in hospital and the oldest son never came in at all. That is how they treated their father 4 months after their mother died.

EBU - Wow, that's pretty insensitive. Even more so is the drinking in the hospital, how rude and crude.

Yes shesdrivingme, and I am thrilled to say I am strong enough now to make a decision to not have people like her in my life. She is my husbands daughter. That is unfortunate. But being my husbands daughter does not mean I have to have her in my life. He may very well love her in spite of the fact she wants us both dead. I on the other hand feel nothing for her. I choose not to have her in my life because I know the things she is capable of and that is the only reason. She is not my cup of tea. I don't love her, I don't hate her, I just don't like the person she is and with her as with any other person I felt uncomfortable around, I choose not to have her around. I feel much better for that.

You know EBU, it's tragic that there are such people in this world. I guess I just don't understand those that hate, are vindictive etc. I am not naieve by a long shot, I just believe that basically all people are good until they show otherwise.

In one of Twit's rants against me she cried that she deserved unconditional love....that her husband's mother (who has since passed) was the ONLY ONE that ever gave it to her. Let me tell you, she was not getting unconditional love there, she was dealing with a woman who had her number and just disengaged from her drama. Was nice and pleasant to her, never challenged her behavior (as I said....Ignored) etc. I can't help but think that she is now idealizing her husband's mother but I can bet she wasn't any different with her than she is with me.

She has trouble with her husband's siblings, who are older than he is. They have her number and don't bother with her. And she is always b*tching about them because they do their own thing and she can't control them or rule the roost with them. In fact, when the women got together to divide up the mother's jewelry, none of them called her about it. They all get along except for her. Boo hoo hoo, she always cries. I guess her husband's father made sure she got a watch and a ring, but I note that he didn't get on the phone to her, nor tell his girls to call her either, but the other wives of his sons were all there. She wasn't wanted and I bet I can understand why. Twit doesn't get it.

I label her as a narcisiss but she could even be a psycopath of some type. All I know is to watch my back around her.

I agree these women do have personality disorders I think mine has NPD and Borderline Personality Disorder. Two GPs over the years and one Clinical Psycholigist have warned me to stay from her and they didn't know the half of it.

My husband's daughter has no friends, and she thinks that's because people are jealous of her. She thinks she is beautiful, and she is very plain, she thinks she has the best house in the street, and even my husband said he didn't like the house at all. The inside is a bit of a dogs breakfast and the outside is really bland. When they moved in the house across the road was finished and the front garden done. She copied every bit of that garden, and then said, our garden looks so good the neighbour across the road has copied it. I think by that stage she had convinced herself that's what happened. She took full credit for desigining her garden all by herself, although she and her brother (who lives there), did not lift a finger, it was all left to the boyfriend to do. But the worst thing of all, is she had nothing nice to say about those people because they copied her garden. Totally insane.

She has a vicious temper and I think that what happened in this family is, she is the only girl, and she got away with murder, when she lashed out in temper and attacked her brothers DH thought it was funny. I know this because before I ever met her he told me one day, and he was laughing about it then. Now the brothers I suspect are terrified of her and tow the line. Daddy still thinks she is a little girl and can do no wrong, she threatend to jump out of a moving car one night, - why? Because she was screaming at boyfriend because he did not hate and myself the way she did, and according to him, as soon as he said, look, they have both treated me nicely, so I have no reason to hate them, she opened the door and (pretended is my thought) to jump out. Well she sure as hell scared boyfriend, he never disagreed with her again.

She like your SD felt that daddy should show her unconditional love and he should demand others do to. There was never a time when she came here that she at some point during the visit did not tell daddy "I am YOUR DAUGHTER" you should do this, you should say that, you should give me, give me, give me. She felt that as his daughter she had special rights, more special than her brothers, and as for this wife, well I was nothing and she was constantly reminding him of that.

A few years ago we installed a peep hole in the front door. It was done the same day her boyfriend came around here to WARN DH and myself that he feared for my safety. He felt she could really do me harm. The minute he left I told DH we were going to the hardware store and getting a peep hole so I could see who was at the door before I opened it. You know what he said...............Don't be stupid, he's a liar.

These women are what they are, but their fathers have a lot to answer for.

While I agree the fathers have something to do with their behavior, I don't believe that is the whole problem. People are all wired differently. I have seen a cold blooded killer come from a family that is very loving and adjusted. I always figure there is only so much that gets passed down through genes and then it is our God given free will to develop as one will.

As I write this, DH is STILL waiting for Twit to return one of his calls. He called her early this morning and left yet another message. So far nadda from her. Guess she doesn't need him to puppy sit for her.

I can tell he is peeved, but not at me and he better not turn it towards me if he knows what is good for him. I am staying out of it, have said nothing, will say nothing.

It will be interesting to see IF and WHEN Twit returns his calls.

I hated it when the princess would withhold herself from daddy and not call him. Because for years he did take it out on me. Ah! The games she played.

I have a feeling he sooner stick forks in his eyes than do that now. He knows I will not go back to being that doormat of a wife he used to have. I will not be anyone's emotional garbage can. He can take his temper out on the person/s who are causing the grief.

EBU - So yoy know the Twit's game too. Still nothing from her. I don't even answer the phone JIC it is her - don't want to deal with her. One of the last times I happen to answer the phone she actually mocked me after she asked for her Father. "That's right, go tell my Father his daughter is on the phone for him". I heard it before I put the phone down and cleared my throat so she knew I was still there. Twit responds: "Oh, did you hear that? Sorry" My response: "Yep, I heard every word. You really need to be careful about what you say when you know I am still on the phone." That got her goat. I did tell DH and he did tell her that kind of remark to me was uncalled for. Of course, she told him she didn't say anything, but DH does know that I don't make things up.

DH is still moping, but I warned him not to take it out on me because I won't stand for it. If he is going to continue to mope maybe he should drive down to her place and have it out with her (last part I didn't say to him as you could understand why). He didn't.

Step - Hanging up would have been something she would have loved because then she could complain to Daddy about me. And, DH would have been teed with me for doing something like that which fans her fire. I think that is one of the things she absolutely hates about me, especially since I disengaged. I don't put up with any sh*t from her. And dit upsets her father because he knows, IMO, what she is gonna do next, and he doesn't want to deal with it.

The fact that I take no sh*t seems to make her meaner....she wants to beat me into submission where I take her carp.

forgotten wife's picture

next time, tell her, "your father's WIFE will now tell him his kid wants to ask him for something." }:)

Love it! Just letting her know that I heard her and didn't just ignore the snot was sufficient. Acknowledged that she was being a jerk, but didn't want to add more fuel to her fire which is what she would have loved. She absolutely hates it when I act classey and don't give her more to work with other than to stop her carp. I figure if she wants to escalate, let it be on her shoulders not mine.

And it is HARD to do. As I said, I think that is why she keeps trying, because she isn't succeeding in getting me to go off the deep end on her so she can cry to DH about how "unstable" I am, or how mean I am.

Yep I'm with forgotten wife on that one. }:) My husband's daughter used to say is MY FATHER there, she would come to the door and when I opened it.........is MY Father there. At first I didn't pick up on it, it took me forever to realise what she was actually doing. Marking her territory like the alley cat she is. A normal person would have just asked is dad in etc., nope not princess evile. It was always right to the end MY FATHER and all her demands on him were "I am YOUR DAUGHTER" you should, you need to, I want, but it was when I looked back on it constant and consistent. Usually she would through in, it's all okay for you, you've got your cushy little life. She made constant remarks about him having a happy life and they were made to make him feel guilty. Now of course having come out of the long dark tunnel I see, she was jealous. She didn't want me to give her dad a happy life. She wanted to punish him, she wanted him to suffer and seeing me make him happy is more than likely what inflamed her anger.

She's driving me. Just let her have it. If she is rude to you, put her in her place. You do not have to take their disrespect. They are adults now. If they haven't learnt consequences from their parents then the rest of us will teach them. If our DH's don't like that, well that just makes for equality in the marriage doesnt' it. We don't like stuff either., }:)

EBU - I have been putting her in her place for quite a while. The trick is to do it with class so she gets the messages, but not enough where I look like a raving lunitic, which she wants. Short, to the point, no snide comments other than to call her on her bad behavior/remarks. That way DH doesn't have anything to go against me about saying to her and she gets the message.

Believe me, she is always watching me, when I am around and tries to twist and turn nothing into something. I know she feels inferior to me, and she should. She has a total lack of class and ethics in my opinion.

She is also very, very jealous of my daughter. She went after her one time by spreading some pretty nasty rumors about her. DD doesn't live down here so she didn't know about them, I heard. I confronted SD and of course she jumped on the clueless bus immediately -- not knowing what I was talking about. Even DH jumped in saying that she didn't know anything about the rumors or where they started. After I told him to shut up and stay out of it, which he did, and which shocked the heck out of her, I went on to tell her that SHE knew and if I ever heard my daughter's name come out of her mouth (she likes to throw around that I treat DD better than I treat her. This was not true before, but it IS now), and if I heard any more nasty rumors, I would rip her pituitary gland out with my teeth. She got that message loud and clear. Since that point she has never, ever brought up my DD, nor have their been any more rumors. AND, DH never even brought up the matter that I told him to shut up and stay out of it. They BOTH got the message.

Well done to you. Well done. They are just like every other bully. Once you standup to them, they back off don't they.

EBU - I don't know if I can say she backs off, she just changes tactics. That is one reason I am scared in dealing with her. One never knows where a lunatic is going to come from and she is pretty darn creative.

FWIW, her Daddy bought a wonderful patio table and chairs with a marble top at an estate sale. She was at the same estate sale so he asked her if they (her and her hubby) would help him get it to the house as they have a pick up truck. Her husband had no problem at all with this -- he is a pretty nice guy -- but Twit, well, differnt story. She made us wait while they weht back to their house. When they finally came back, and it was over 100 degrees that day, she made sure to tell us, who waited for them in the estate garage, that she had to take a shower before she came back because it was so hot. That was to let us know she was in no big hurry to help out her father. Then, when DH and her hubby unloaded the table at our place, she made a comment about how, having to haul furniture (this was the ONLY time she was ever asked to do anything for us) that they ought to start a moving company....dig, dig. I responded calmly, that, yes, they might want to do that and make some extra $$$. She was trying to dig at me and I wasn't buying but acted as it went right over my head. I knew what she was doing and wasn't biting. That is the kind of thing that really tees her off.

DH took them out to dinner after that. Twit certainly didn't pass up a free meal, though she was doing a slow burn because she couldn't get my goat. Since I was smiling all through dinner and talking to her husband and mine (I generally leave Twit alone) I know that was getting to her as well. She is Trouble with a capital T.

But, she has no problem calling us to dog sit, house sit, pick something up for her, etc. A real full blown taker. And, not once has she ever offered to comp DH for the gas, or take us out to dinner/lunch for all the effort. She EXPECTS it.

The other thing that really gets to Twit is when she gets smart arsey to me, I just look her straight in the eyes, slightly smile and walk away. She KNOWS I know what she meant and she knows what I think of her in just that smile. To just walk away would be leaving her think that she got to me and I was turning tail and running, which she would love. Since I don't respond, or say anything back, she can't try to draw me into a scene in which she could cry to daddy about how terrible I was.

My husbands daughter was the exact same. Take all give nothing. Her overinflated sense of entitlement was beyond belief. Once she came to see her father on Father's Day. She had never done it before and has never done it again. Turned our that year she was actually pregnant and not married so she was just softening daddy up for the bombshell she was going to drop 4 weeks later. Anyway she turned up with her brother her boyfriend and half a dozen cakes. She says to dad. Here dad. These are to share. My husband got one. I got none and the 3 of them polished off the other 5. Two weeks later she arrives with a box if chocolates one week late for his birthday. Again had never seen him for his birthday before. So she hands him the unwrapped chocolates. Tells him he is wrong about his birthday. It was not the week before. And then tells him she had stolen the chocolates from the nurses station. At which point she says open them I want some. 2 weeks later she breaks the news to her old fashioned Italian father she is pregnant. Haven't seen of heard from her on Father's Day or birthdays since.

Do you blame the daughter or the parent who accepts and ignores it. To my my mind my husbands acceptance of this is approval and she learns from his approval that this is how you treat people.

You know EBU, that's a tough one. I first blame the SK for being a brat and feeling over entitled. I, too, have a daughter but she would never dream of treating me that way, nor would I put up with it. Sure, we can get on each others nerves, she always remembers the time, when I was raising her by myself, that she wanted to do something and I said NO. She tried to push her way by saying she lived in a democracy. Wrong thing to say to this lady....my response to DD was that she lived with me and I didn't run a democracy. But that was growing pains, when they reach around 13 and pout until oh, about 18-21...Hormones. LOL!

Twit doesn't have that excuse. She is a total control freak and I think that is just one of her many problems.

DH is a nice guy, sometimes too nice. But with him he does some strange stuff too. Things you would expect him to want to be in on with the kids he doesn't seem to care much for. Like when his son had a baby that was born premature and had some problems. I was the one that called for updates when the son didn't call (which he did call quite often). DH was rather reluctant but I suspect it was because he felt helpless in dealing with the situation.

Twit on the other hand, is very manipulative and DH can be oh so suseptible. Sometimes makes me thing of the spider and the fly.

It's funny lately, DH and I talk about the grandkids (adults now too) and Twit's husband, but he doesn't bring Twit up. He is still waiting for her to return his calls.

Funny my DH's son had a Prem baby a week before his special child. His baby was born at 28 weeks. That baby was close to death. DH didn't ring him once. Worse he rang the special daughter daily. I cannot imagine how that must have hurt his son. In his case it had nothing to do with not bring able to deal with it though. Although I agree he doesn't deal with illness in himself or others well at all. But it fir him was this. Special daughter was youngest child and only girl. But that position was not good enough. She wants to be an only child. She never allowed her brothers to speak. She spoke for them and they sat there and allowed it. All interaction between DH and his sons went through Sd.
As a parent it was his responsibility to put her in her place. As a parent he needed to teach his children to respect each other. Instead he supported Sd in her bid to be the only child. In her dismissal of her brothers as part if the family. Instead she sees them as two people who are only there to do her bidding. And he should never have allowed her to grow up treating his sons, her brothers this way.

In elevating his daughter to this position of power he created a monster. A monster he fed continuously throughout the years. A monster who has now finally in a last ditch attempt to either get DH to leave me or punish him for not leaving me, has destroyed DH's relationship not only with his sons. But with his father as well. His father is 89 and has cancer. But he barely and I mean barely speaks to DH because of SD's lies and half truths. And of course an old mans stubbornness and stupidity.

I blame DH for crippling his children. For raising them in a Secluded world in which Sd was the princess ss were the ugly step brothers and DH saw himself as SD's Prince Charming. Who could grow up to be a normal healthy productive member of society in an environment like that.

While I believe that as adults we are at some point supposed to take responsibility for our actions, for our lives, and the way we live it. In spite of our upbringing. I have come to the realization that some parents like DH who have an unnatural emotionally incestious relationship with their daughters, never give their kids the tools to mature into adults and to live their own lives.

I see Sd as the most evil woman who has ever crossed my path. But I also see a disturbed young woman who has never had any guidance from her mother or her father. It was easier for mum and dad to stay together for years hating each other and desperately trying to play the daughter off against the other parent so they would be the parent Sd liked better I have the impression mum saw clearly how much "in love" DH was with the daughter and she was trying to make the daughter like het better than dad.

Can you really blame Sd for having mental health issues.

Twit was never raised with any class. She doesn't even know how to set a table with silverware properly!! BUT, she likes to believe, in her mind, that she is the classiest thing going.

It's rather interesting that she is always talking about how terrible other people's childen turned out and what bad parents they are. This when her own son got busted for drugs, at the school no less. The oldest one is content with working as a part time stock boy at a grocery store.....but, according to her, this is to be excused because he has "sucicidal tendencies" (?) These are adults in their 20's.

The smart one, went into the service and grew up in the military - the Marines tend to do that to them. He's back home now and Twit is wanting to rule his life. He wanted to go see his girlfriend when he got back from the service (she lives in Europe) but Twit made him stay at home for 6 weeks. Then he was allowed to go, but ONLY if he got back before Thanksgiving. She is very possessive about them. I almost feel sorry for the to be bride...."Mama" is going to make her life hell, once the honeymoon is over and the young folk start to live their own lives.

These women see nothing wrong in themselves. Part of the personality disorder I think.

DH's kids are feral white trash. The are ignorant, they are amazingly dumb. They cannot talk about anything but themselves. It is as if there is no world beyond themselves. All 3 of them have never lived alone. They are being looked after by their partners. They may as well be living in an assisted living faculty. Yet neither they or DH see it.

They are all in their 30s now. None of them have ever lived alone.

But hell they think they are special and the rest of us had damn well better respect them.

This is nasty but I am not trying to be nasty here just trying to show how bad this is.

All three of them are very plain, they all have a look of retardation about them and the strangest wishy washy eyes that hold no soul. The daughter has the longest face and ears I have ever seen. Yet she cannot keep her face out of the mirror it shop window. When she was pregnant she said if she had a girl it would be pretty like her. AND she said she wondered if it would be blonde like her, or dark like the Italian boyfriend.

She was genuinely shocked when I said there's not much chance of it being blonde when you are naturally dark.

This woman has naturally very dark hair which she has been bleaching since she was around 15. And she thinks she's now such a natural blonde her baby had a chance of being blonde like her. 30 years of age, works in a hospital recovery room and thinks she is smarter than every other nurse or doctor for that matter, and she forgot she wasn't really a blonde.

forgotten wife's picture

LOL!! Your description of them is priceless! It's truly amazing how beautiful and special this generation sees themselves! I think it stems from Daddy worshiping them so much! They start to believe their sh!t don't stink!

I absolutely agree the daddy worship has caused them to grow up in Fantasy land.

DH always stuck up for them no matter what. It was never their fault.

Sd was rostered to work a public holiday. She was to get penalty rates for working it. She decided to call in sick that day because she had demanded and been refused. .................penalty rates for the shift AND a day off in lieu.

She ran this past DH and he said that was fair enough and if the hospital didn't agree, then she should call in sick.

I asked DH why us it that when he worked at penalty rates why did he not also get the time off. He said, in front if his daughter. That's different. Oops silly me, of course it's different for mere mortals. Sd on the other hand. Well she's special. She's special all right. She needs to have a complete mental health check up to determine exactly how badly special she is.

sandye21's picture

Oh yes, the old 'double standard' at work. This same concept is in play for SMs too. It's all validated for SD - even if it appears unfair or shaky ground to everyone else. SD made me uncomfortable in my own home for over 20 years while DH turned a blind eye. But when she accused ME of making HER uncomfortable without any specifics or justification I was a villian. As with your SD, my SD was raised to believe she is special. DH is doing SD no favors. Problems arise when other ordinary people do not see it. When they grow up they become emotional cripples who are not able to keep friends or jobs. I just wonder how many on this site have SD's who are well educated but still can't seem to succeed in their lives.

Sandy asked: . I just wonder how many on this site have SD's who are well educated but still can't seem to succeed in their lives.

ME! Why else do you think Twit sells Pampered Chef? She hasn't been able to last more than a year at any of the regular jobs she was hired for. Always ends up saying that she was let go because the boss had a relative he wanted in that job, or girlfriend, you get the drift.

She has actually admitted to her father once that they have no friends. DH, as normal, felt sorry for her and went along with her blaming others. Her husband does, but his best friend's wife won't put up with Twit either so there ya go. Geez, I am still friends with my exhusbands best friends wife and have been for years.

Twit is okay for people to deal with for awhile, then the drama starts and, well, they don't want to put up with it. On top of that, people now avoid her because she is always trying to sell or book a party etc.

Too true Sandye21 too true.

I remember 1 occasion when Sd was having the most awful tantrum on DH. in front of his wife, his son and her boyfriend she was letting DH know in no uncertain terms what a no good piece of crap he was and giving him instructions on what he needed to do for and give to her in order for him to get back on track and start being the servant to her the master he was born to be. It was humiliating for everyone present except her. The longer she rambled, the more confident in her tirade she became and the more evil she spewed forth from her foul mouth.

Mum had just died and the older brother wasn't agreeing with miss bossy boots about the house. So amongst other things she wanted daddy to sort him out.

Eventually I said, ok I think that's enough. I am not having you come here and speak to your father like that, and your father will not be fighting with your brother fir you , DH at the tine was about to have an op for prostrate cancer and yet she was just wiping the floor with him.

Well with that she bursts into tears stands up picks het handbag up off the table throws it in the ground smashing her mobile phone tells me to get "F" and runs out crying.

Now at this time I had been copping her abuse for around 7 years.

Brother gets on his knees and scoops up the contents of het handbag and he and boyfriend go running after her. DH tried but I warned him if you go out there to pat her better after all that abuse she has just hurled at you don't cone back in. Sd and her people must have been on the driveway a good 15 mins (clearly waiting for daddy to cone to his senses) before she sent boyfriend and brother back in for her shoes. Boyfriend tells daddy she is upset because her mother just died.

After DH has a full in discussion with boyfriend and his son and puts them in thrift place, even though they had gone nothing he goes outside to see Sd. I thiught he'd finally seen the light that day.

Alas two minutes with SD and in he comes. What does he say. You have to understand she has just lost her mother. And, he says. They are my kids it's not up to you to interfere. That came straight out if SD's mouth and he came straight back in to put me in my place the minute she complained. Yet in all the years I had told him she needed to pull her head in he never said a word to her. I upset her once and here he is her knight in shining armour defending and supporting this woman who had just been berating him to the point were I finally stood up for my husband and this is how it all finished up. Sd was the victim. My victim in fact and I needed to leave her alone.

sandye21's picture

I wonder what our DHs would do now that we have disengaged for a while? If SD appeared on my step tomorrow I have the feeling I would still be the one to handle it. But this time I would without any reservations.

oldone's picture

feral white trash - sounds familiar.

And not sure how DH's spawn ended up that way. BM and DH come from nice families. Both are educated and can be taken into polite society. I hate BM but she does know how to act and has always held a job. But both sons - feral white trash.

Sandye if Sd was stupid enough to ever turn up on my doorstep again DH would go for the hat trick. The last two occasions she was here, the first he said, don't open the door, the next time I said you tell her she's not welcome or I will. He said, you tell her and hid. No reason to suspect he wouldn't make it three in a tow.

It would absolutely be me, but the last time when I told her never to come here again, I was sick to the stomach the next time I would be calm, confident, secure, relaxed and HAPPY!

NODOORMAT. Yes really, he's fine with that. Why not, that's what happened. I hurt her, I had the nerve to suggest she get some manners and show some respect. He did not raise his daughter to be a well mannered polite young woman. He raised her to be a spoilt, selfish, greedy, manipulative little bitch, with no regard for anyone, a complete lack of empathy and an overinflated sense of entitlement. So who the hell do I think I am expecting her to behave like a normal human being. Like a grown woman.

I pissed the pair of them right off. It was me. I am a total bitch. And as DH often said, if I had just put up with her crap, she (and he) would have been happy and we would not have had any problems. SEE ALL MY FAULT. No doormat you need to adjust your thinking. How dare you suggest DH may be a little off base in his rationalizing of this. DH is perfect Sd is even more so, he knows this, he taught her all she knows. So it's not them its me.

BLOODY IDIOTS, THE PAIR OF THEM Smile

So, roll on Christmas, the first in years I will not be spending any time with DH's family. I am so looking forward to it.

I will be spending Christmas with my kids and grand kids and other members of MY family. We have it all planned and we will have a lovely Christmas because we at our core are a happy family, who pretty much roll with the punches and don't hold grudges. At this stage I'm assuming DH will be there. Don't care though. If he wants to go to swan hill and be with his elderly father I'm absolutely fine with that.

Whatever he does, stay with me or go to his dad, this will be their family Christmas. DH goes, his father will Whinge and moan that I as his wife should have gone with DH. FIL will bring up all the shit with Sd and do his utmost to make DH feel guilty. FIL will phone Sd and get her to go up there with boyfriend and baby and they will all get stuck into DH for being the horrible son and father that he is, and let him know exactly what a bitch his wife is. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

OPTION 2. DH does not go, spends Christmas with myself and my family. DH will be stressed, he'll. try to hide it, but he will be worried because he knows his dad will be furious with him. His family will be up in swan hill talking about him not being there, angry as hell. Remembering all the things he has done that have displeased them. They will spend the day angry about DH and myself. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

So you see, not matter how or where DH's family spend their Christmas, or with whom, they spend it, they will be angry and bitter for Christmas.

Me, well this will be my happiest Christmas in years. I have done my very best I know I tried. I know that DH and his family have serious issues in their family, issues that they have had for so long, they think the life they have is normal. Issues that I can do nothing about. Not my family, not my problem. My conscience is clear. I will spend the day surround by peace, love, happiness and laughter. MERRY CHRISTMAS. Smile Smile

They say the first time you do something is the worst time. If I feel so good spending Christmas this year, DHs family free. Next year I'll be floating like a helium balloon Smile

I wish you all from the bottom of my heart at the very, very least a peacful day. I obviously wish you a whole lot more of peace and laughter, but at the very least, a peaceful drama free day.

Update - DH still hasn't heard from Twit, nor has he done any shopping. NMP.

Bad news, with the blizzard that is going through the midwest I am not sure my daughter will make it here for Christmas Eve. I would rather have them stay at home safe than try to manuver on some of these roads where the winds and snow blowing can be dangerous. Bummer, though

That is disappointing news about your daughter. But your right. They are safer at home and that's what's important. Still
Doesn't sound all bad. DH maybe having an eye opening moment and that's good.

Yes, they got a foot of snow and the roads were still in the process of being cleaned off. Then, we hear there is another storm expected to roll in on Thursday or so. Told her that it might be best they stay put and not try to deal with the weather. Even if they got down here, another storm could keep them from getting back on time for work and school. Sigh, such is life.