You are here

For the time being, there is peace in my home.

momof5_1969's picture

My DH has four kids -- SD18, SS19, SS22, and SD23. I have one daughter, 19. His kids have made my life a living hell for the last 6 years of our marriage, with the exception of SS22. He has been the one who has been the nicest out of my DH's kids.

Well, long story short. SD23 came back into our lives, I really didn't want it -- she had not spoken to me in 1 1/2 years (had a child now too), but SS22 talked me into it. Well, she and her BF broke up and now she was at our house all the time! I literally felt like someone was choking me around my neck; I was having panic and anxiety attacks. I didn't even know how to pray anymore. I was still praying. Something happened and I packed my stuff and left -- I told my DH to take care of his boys and his daughter and then I would decide whether I was coming home. I couldn't take it anymore. I messaged one of my friends and all I told her was to please pray. She knows the situation. She began praying that there would be peace in my home.

SD23 is now not coming around anymore; SS19 moved out; and SD18 moved out! SS22 is still with us 1 - 2 days a week, but that's it!!!!

Having SD18 move out was a complete shock and a nice surprise! She moved in with a friend and her friend's mom. At this point -- I'm just glad they are gone because I have peace in my home.

My DH still does not get how much they have hurt me, but I don't have to be around them and I have told him I will not put myself through it and don't have to.

They came over last Sunday, and they did little things that go over my DH's head, but I get because I'm not stupid -- little inuendos -- inside jokes. I got it. Then that night I had repeated dizzy spells, and the next day I had a migraine. So I tell my DH that, and his response? So should we not do that again this weekend? Ummmmmmmm what do you think???? Sheesh! Do I HAVE to spell it out for you!!

So at least I am not having to live with it for now! Thannk you LOrd for answered prayers! Six years of hell -- I continue to pray for better things, so we'll see.

oldone's picture

Simple solution - the monsters are not allowed back in your home. none. zero. zip. nada.

Your DH can meet them for coffee someplace if he needs to see them.