You are here

For those with criminal skids ...

2Tired4Drama's picture

Here's a "hypothetical" I'd be interested in hearing opinions on.

SS is in his late twenties. Estranged from his dad for years; no contact at all. Speaks to BM, but rarely and only when he wants money. BM and BD have had absolutely no contact with each other at all for many years since skids are all adults.

BD is a dual citizen as was SS until he reached a certain age. Out of the blue, BM calls BD and starts asking him strange questions about the other country (not US) and if SS would be able to renew his dual citizenship and live in the other country. BM asks BD if he can "look into it" with that country's embassy and find out. BD is suspicious and asks BM why she is calling out the blue and asking these questions on behalf of SS, since he is an adult who has chosen to cut BD out of his life completely?

After much prodding, BM eventually confesses that SS has been recently charged with a felony crime. Not yet to court, but charged.

What's your opinion of this? Do you think BM is looking for a way to get SS out of the country? If so, wouldn't this be considered aiding and abetting someone to flee? And worse, if BD had facilitated this (unknowingly) couldn't he be considered guilty of it, too?

Last but not least, if this happened to your DH would you and he be LIVID about BM's tactics?!!

sammigirl's picture

If I was your DH, I would not get involved. It does sound like BM is trying to aid SS. It is a crime! Why doesn't BM call and find out the information and leave DH out of it. DH should tell her to take care of it and DO NOT KEEP HIM INFORMED. If DH knows about any plans, it's a crime.

DH can refuse to accept any calls, unless it is an emergency. I gave the local Law Enforcement telephone number to my EX for emergencies; they knew where I lived and could reach me if needed. My Ex never contacted me.

DON'T TOUCH THIS ONE FOR SURE! We've been there with a SS that was just released from prison last year.

Good Luck.

zerostepdrama's picture

Of course I would be angry that BM is trying to do that... but you can't control BM. What she does is up to her. How you guys proceed is up to you.

Sounds like she is up to something for sure. Ignore her and don't engage. Heck if SS is going to skip the country, let him do the work himself to get him out of the country. LOL

2Tired4Drama's picture

Extradition is indeed a reality and would make fleeing a waste of time. This appears to be an overwrought, idiotic BM's efforts to protect her baby at all costs.

thinkthrice's picture

So it's NOT Venezuela. . . yep if I were biodad I wouldn't say a THING to the BM.

WalkOnBy's picture

She's looking to get kid out of this country.

Stay out of it. You and DH need to block her and kid.

If they're going to flee, you want no part of that.

2Tired4Drama's picture

Exactly - just like your name, "Walk On By" ... not touching this one with a ten foot pole!

Tuff Noogies's picture

see if you can find out who he used as a bondsman, and put a bug in their ear. then step waaaaay the h3ll back from the situation. bm sounds clueless, like the mother of the kid charged with "affluenza".

Tuff Noogies's picture

"If he's guilty he'll get punished" - SOOOO not true. there are PLENTY that get off either scot-free or just a slap on the wrist.

the reason i suggested that is because i work with offenders but our hands are tied when it comes to monitoring whereabouts. but not a bondsman, that's what they get paid to do. and i'm all for doing the job one is paid for, which means no i wouldnt get involved, but yet i'd ask dh to give the guy a heads up "hey, the kid had dual citizenship. just something you might want to be aware of." that could even be done anonymously.

that's just me tho', i like to do what i feel is morally the right thing to do.

2Tired4Drama's picture

Thanks for all your insights! BTW, keep in mind that in this "hypothetical" example the BM did not specifically STATE OUT LOUD she wanted to help get SS out of the US - she just inquired as to whether or not he still had rights to live in the other country. That's why I was interested in others' thoughts. Seems most of us reached the same ASSUMPTION -- that BM may be thinking about possible flight options for SS.