You are here

Still Here and Functioning - Found Out What Kind of Suit Twit Was Using To Lose Weight - She is SICK

shes driving me crazy in my retirement's picture

now I know a lot more about that "suit" that the Twit as using to lose weight.

I just found out that I have lymphademia and am having therapy treatments for it.  Guess at my age it is going to be a permanent thing to take care of.  I have long had problems with legs (knees) but my ankles and above my knees were swelling up.  Seems it can be something that happens after cancer treatments etc.

Thus I am doing treatments, massages and compression garments to keep the lympomic (sp?) moving and working.  These garments are not what you buy at Walgreens etc.

In talking to the therapist I told her about what my Twit had.  She laughed and said that people will buy these garments and use them to lose and redistribute weight.  And some loons actually wear them as tights, etc. because the high compression makes them look thinner as it compresses all the blubber in.  And, like most short term quick fixes it isn't healthy.  There is a big difference between fat and lymphedemia.

Nutz that use them, like Twit did or does (don't know) only compress the fat for a short period of time.  Or if they wear them like a girdle etc. longer.

Forgive me, I don't mean to talk about my health problem.  I can handle that. It was just finding out what the LUNATIC was doing back then to lose weight.  I remember her sending us a pic of her after one of these home treatments she gave herself.  Let's see, that was before the BIG wedding and she wanted to lose weight for it.  What a fool she is.

sandye21's picture

Just one more validation that it wasn;t you at all.  Hope Christmas proves to be fun, loving and rewarding.  I know it will be with your family, Grand Daughter and Pup.

Sandye - The validation of findnig these things out, as stupid as they are actually makes me feel better.specialy since H would always act as this stuff from her was just normal.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to one and all.  SDM.

Ah, Scully.  We have stockings up and one for Scully.  She goes over to it and noses it to see if anything is in it.  (Her's is lower than the ones up for us).  Even she is anticipating Christmas.

Harry's picture

Into your head.  Why care what she does.  She, her health, what she does should not concern you.  She not your friend, or family. Or anything to you.  You are too involved with her. 

It is not leting her into my head so to speak as giving me more justification for what I am doing.  Also, I am the kind of person that makes decisions etc. on facts not just feelings, abiet the feelingss can get into the way.

sandye21's picture

"It is not letting her into my head so to speak as giving me more justification for what I am doing."  This is part of the process for healing PTSD:  Recalling an incident, then realizing you no longer have to experience it again and you will be OK.  It validates your reasons for taking action, it wasn't your imagination.  It also reinstates your definition of sanity.  The longer you are away from it, the less you will recall it, but the more you will see just how insane it actually was.

Exactly, Sandye.  When I saw something strange and H and Twit's hubby and "babies" all acted like it was normal, one can start to doubt one's sense of what is happening.

I truly believe that if someone had put a stop to the nonsense a long time ago she may have turned out different.  It is in HER mind that she thinks her actions are normal and that only HER feelings count  I believe that she actually scares them the way she can blow up about nothing etc., and placate her.  Thus she gets what she wants the way she wants it.

Miss T's picture

When you're recovering from PTSD, as you are doing, you can be triggered any time by anything. But gradually this happens less and less often. One day, you will realize that you haven't even thought about the incident(s) for months. May this day speed itself on its way to you.

Rags's picture

Epiphanies about these types of people surface periodically seemingly forever.   That you had this epiphany after speaking to your Doc is just one of those moments and is not about you at all. IMHO.

I have been divorced from my XW for 29 years and had zero interface with her family in 24-ish years and epiphanies will still occassionally surface regarding them.  They will even come up occassionally when I speak with old friends who run into them periodically.

Eventually the epiphany events will not impact you at all other than as huh? moments

Your journey is inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and may your New Year be one of meaning and adventure.

Give Scully a pat on the head from me.