You are here

Step daughters from HELL!!

enough's picture

I work with my step daughters and they make my life a living hell! They were bad before we were married but my H said after we got married things would get better. They have gotten worse! His three daughters (in their late 20's and 30's) work together at the office and I am left alone and getting over whelmed in my job. I have no support and no one to turn to. My H is too busy with his own work. They know I have too many jobs to get them all done but they just critizie instead of helping. Both H and his ex agree they are acting like 6 year olds but they won't say anything. My H always says "This is a battle I don't want to get into right now" We have been together over 10 years but only have been married for 2 months. I'm drowning!!!

oneoffour's picture

Look for another job. Tell your DH that you love him to bits but you cannot do your job properly as things are so it is best if you work eslewhere.

Having adult daughters and allowing them to disrespect you like this... it would happen to me once as the boor slammed on my way out with my bags packed.

What happend to "Keeping you above all others as long as we both shall live?"

Shannon61's picture

My SD (26) lives with us and I get tired of looking at her, fortunately there are some days when I don't see her. But if I had to deal with her on a daily basis at work, it would drive me nuts. I agree it is time to start looking for a new job.

In the past when I've had problems with my SD, DH had a bad habit of saying "I'll talk to her" but would never get around to it and would get angry if I mentioned it again and would say "you want me to talk to her when you want, but I'll talk to her when I'm ready." After hearing this BS over and over again, I laid into him and told him how disappointed I was in him and that if he didn't make MY issues regarding her a priority, I would leave him and his dearest daughter right where I found them.

I haven't had a problem with her since that conversation. It's time to put your foot down. Life is too short to be unhappy.

Good luck.