You are here

The Snoops Are Dupes!!

Not-the-mom's picture

We haven't been obsessing about it, but my DH and I have had a few days to process what has happened - about his son and his fiance have hunted me down through snooping, mining for information, stalking me on the internet, and finally finding me on these boards. Then wanted an apology for what I said here - which is none of their business anyway.

My DH and I were sitting in a fastfood resturant and we heard this woman talking loudly on her cell phone. She was complaining about someone named "Ashley" and how she was being a pain, and that this woman has been up since 5 AM and she is tired and not in the mood for any drama from "Ashley", etc., etc. etc....

My DH and I got to talking about how is my venting here on these boards - anonymously - any worse than that woman spilling her private information about "Ashley" out in a public place? We came to know more about this woman and "Ashley" than I do about anyone on these boards. We now know where this woman lives, what she looks like, that someone named Ashley (from the same area) is a pain in her side, etc....

The people my DH's son and his fiance are blabbing and complaining to about my venting here on StepTalk know more about me and my husband than you people here know about me! They know what we look like, what our names are, where we live, what has been said here on these boards, etc.... but the skids have the audacity to feel MORE violated than WE are??? :O Blum 3

If I ran into any one of you here in an airport, I wouldn't know you from Adam or Eve.

Then my DH and I realized that his son and his fiance - his daugher, son-in-law, EX, and all of their friends have dug their own hole, and are going to find themselves neck high in their own self-created pit-of-poop!

I will continue to post here on these boards, and if my skids, and the EX or any of their friends choose to "tune in" and see what I am saying - so be it! Blum 3

They are going to find things out about one another that they probably wouldn't hear about if they had resisted snooping into my space! Things they thought were just between us and them. Maybe this will get them to realize that they had better treat me and my DH with respect, and decency, or it will end up here on StepTalk as a vent post! Smile

I'm not the one who "spread the word" that I was here venting about my skids, and the EX.... that is ALL the SKIDS doing! THEY are the ones that opened their big mouths and revealed it. They set THEMSELVES up for the fallout that becomes of it. }:) Biggrin Blum 3

They all have college educations, and masters degrees, but they couldn't figure this one out? What a bunch of dupes! Dirol

Not-the-mom's picture

I hope things get better for you. Smile

It really does help to have my DH on my side....but I first had to convince him it was the right thing to do. Wink

Training a husband can really take a lot of time and effort, but when they come around, it is worth it. Dirol

cant win for losin's picture

I totally agree with the comparisions between your incident and the "ashley hater"
It painted a very clear picture

cant win for losin's picture

LMAO yea no doubt! Talk about how it went on all nite long and hubby is "strong like bull" and a "stallion" baby!!!!! Ha ha ha

Not-the-mom's picture

Yeah, that's all I need - to attract perverts to these boards with my frisky tales! Blum 3

Or are they already here? :? Wink

sterlingsilver's picture

My ex was stalking me on here so I changed my identity. Sad I know, but it's creepy when he mentions something that you KNOW has only been mentioned on here. I was very irrate to say the least>:( Maybe I should take snickersgal's advise! (evil grin).

momof5_1969's picture

I've been thinking about this since I saw your post, and I actually had been thinking about it even before I saw a post like this "what if THEY saw what I wrote?" I did delete one of my blogs because it was very unkind -- true --- but unkind. The rest of the stuff I'm leaving. I also realized that many of my stories could be related to many people here. What could give it away is the ages and sex of the skids. I don't know if they're computer savvy enough to figure this out. I also come on my lap top to come to this web site, plus delete my history so that nobody can see where I've been. Trying to make sure that nobody knows.

It's really great that your husband is supportive. My husband is getting there -- lots of prayer!! Best wishes you to and hoping that things with the skids will get better. Maybe their eyes will be opened to their behavior and they will mature.

How would they feel if they were being treated the same way? The addage "do unto others" -- the Golden Rule?

sandye21's picture

Stepaside, This is SO true! You have to ask what was the skids intent in snooping on this site anyway? It is obvious it wasn't to gain understanding of SM or her view of their relationship. You also mentioned self-reflection but these twits are so self absorbed they will forever see things through their own biased filters.

There may come a day that my SD reads my posts and realizes I have been writing about her. She is so entrenched in hate for me that this is a strong possiblility. She may even tell DH about how I complained about his lack of support for me. Quite frankly I don't care. What I have posted on this site has been the total truth. In December I was brutally attacked verbally by SD and her hubby because I nicely asked them to speak up instead of having mumbled sideline conversations which were in our presence so we couldn't hear them. DH ran out of the house to "stay out of it". I was left alone to defend myself from all sorts of accusations about not making them comfortable in my home, them walking on eggshells, etc., when it was actually ME who felt uncomfortable because of years and years of enduring sadistic games, doors slammed in my face, being treated like I was invisble, rolling eyes, puffing up like a blow fish over every word I uttered - and no support from DH. That day I was fighting for my sanity. I was totally alone but I knew all of it just didn't add up anymore. I found this site out of desperation. Someone on here suggested I read 'Stepmonster', which DH also read. It was with the help of this site that I said, "Enough is enough" and my life began to change.

Yes, if SD discovers that I have been writing about her on this site and shares it with anyone maybe they will be curious enough to visit this site themselves and find that my story is the 'norm' for skids who want to blame SM for their parents' divorce even though most of us met DH long afterward. I totally welcome any of my friends or relatives to read about my side for a change.