You are here

Is she just GD STUPID or Mentally Ill, or using drugs??

Superdad454's picture

I am just trying to figure out WTF is wrong with this kid, some of her behavior just goes beyond being a selfish spoiled kid and borders on something else...

Currently she is kicked out and living between her grandmother's and her 35yr old loser pervert BF's.

Currently she does not want to move with us to the new house which is GREAT NEWS and if that actually sticks, it is great news for us and avoids a huge issue since I don't want her to move.

However, she has no job, she has a nice car her mom bought her as a graduation present that we now know has no insurance. We suspect that she has no license for some reason and we know she lets her BF drive her car when he also has no license. We know that if she gets pulled over there is a strong likelihood that the car will get impounded and she will either lose it or we have to pay to get it out.

If she loses the car, she is immobile, we live in a rural area with no public transportation so she will be well and truly stuck, or she will harass mom into giving her rides because "how do you expect me to get a job?!?!?".

She screwed off a free college education with room and board.

She fiend a suicide attempt to get out of going into the military after she enlisted.

She says she is looking for a job but she doesn't seem to be DOING a GD thing, she is perfectly content to just hang out at her BFs house or in her grandmothers attic.

At this point no one is "loaning" her money but she still manages to have $$ for cigs and gas.

She has pretty much detached from everyone else, all her old school friends and such and only deals with her mom when she needs something, like needing to come do laundry under the guise of "packing her things" that are still left in her bedroom, of course NONE of that happened, she sat and watched Jersey Shore and ate mom's food and made sure to leave before mom got home, leaving a mess behind.

To me it just looks like a stupid kid that doesn't care about anyone but herself but the lack of forethought of even where she is going to get food on a daily basis is just strange.

On top of that she LIES, LIES , LIES, and they aren't even good, she is an intelligent girl in a general sense but I hear some of the bull she tries and it is almost insulting that she would think anyone would BELIEVE it. Most of her stories are easily disproved by just calling another family member but she doesn't seem to care or think that anyone is going to check her stories.

It just seems to go beyond plain old oblivious selfishness and mom is asking if I think she is using drugs or something because it is starting to get strange.
(ie. She called the other morning, she had walked out the front door of her grandmothers house and forgot her keys, locking herself out, she wanted us to drive 45 mins across town to..... (she didn't get further than that, we don't have a spare key and she knows it), we were already on our way somewhere else and told her NO and pointed out that we didn't have a key anyways, she actually got mad at US for not being willing to drive to her and do.....gawd knows what. So she sat in the driveway in her car for an hour until grandmother got home...) This is a 20yr old (almost) WOMAN thinking this way...

skylarksms's picture

You mean...........PARENT?!?!?!?

Superdad454's picture

I have never understood that stuff either! I just don't get all these parents that are more concerned about being their kids FRIENDS and not making them MAD, than actually kicking their a$$es and teaching them how life is supposed to work.

Like one of my fav comedians Billy Gardell said
" My dad "loved" us, but he wasn't "IN love" with us, we knew he would sacrifice one of us if that's what it took to teach the rest of us a lesson."

Superdad454's picture

Probably one of the biggest issues that I have a hard time getting my brain around is the way she lies.

She comes up with all these complicated stories, and either assumes we will blindly trust her, after all the other lies she has been caught in, and NOT check and verify her stories. Or she thinks we are just plain stupid and will actually believe her and not THINK to verify. Or, sadly, maybe she just doesn't give a crap if she gets caught and figures she will just hope for the best and not worry about getting caught until she does.

Even BASIC stuff like "I am going to *** to spend the night" and not thinking that all we would have to do is call there and ask for her, or that they might call US for some reason looking for her or saying she has to work so she can't go to some family thing or help do some work around the house, then when we have to stop at her work for gas, she either wasn't scheduled or called in sick and was off hanging out with her BF.

skylarksms's picture

PB (our BM) is the same way. Blithely lying her way through life, never thinking someone might CHECK HER STORY OUT!

Like when she said that the skids had to come back early from their Xmas visitation one year because she CLAIMED school resumed on FRIDAY?!?

A quick jump on the internet and gander at the school's calendar proved THAT a lie.

THEN she modified the story and said, "NO. It's NOT school. It's that SD has a GYMNASTICS MEET."

We asked SD about it and she scoffed and said, "It's not a MEET. It is a practice and no big deal if I miss it."