You are here

SD's and BD contact, it does not feel good

Mar's picture

After years of very poor contact which culminated last month my DH had an honest conversation with BD - went well, she understood the toxic dynamics where BM influences SD's to have little contact with DH and me - and SD's. Did not go well, he's the culprit, they do not have contact with us because we are so difficult and nasty etc. Well, all the SH***T we heard before and not true but hey, it's all clear now.

DH called both SD's again this week: OSD said she still wants contact and she says she's struggeling her whole life with BM and sure sees her toxicity. YSD took the opportunity to (different call of course) to make even worse accusations about DH and me, yes of course in the end I'm to blame. Although I have disengaged mainly and happy so.

Now BD says she is going to have dinner with both SD's and although I find they should have their own relationship  it does not sit well with me. Because especially YSD is sneaky and toxic and has developed a deep grudge from us. DH says even if she tries our BD will be firm in her ways and not let it get to her. I think so too, but still...it is the first time they will spent time together since the fall-out/party/talk etc. I feel nervous and really hope it's because it is the first time and it will get better soon.. But honestly I wish BD wouldn't...I know better then tto say so of course. That's why I write it down here, please talk some sense into me. Thanks!

Survivingstephell's picture

After the meeting, sit down with BD and use critical thinking questions to help her see the truth.  A lot of "why would SD say or do that"  helps uncover motive.  You want BD to figure it out , that way she or they can't come back on you for brainwashing her.  These are her sisters and she will have to learn to manage them. 

Mar's picture

YSD cancelled, for BD this was an important get together since she wanted to share  something personal with them which is very important to BD. 
We bit out tongues of course at the last minute cancelling from YSD, but we know better then to take pity on BD , feels humiliating .

YSD is showing herself this way 

Stepdrama2020's picture

Right?  Toxic has a way of exposing itself, you just sit back and let them all take it in.