You are here

SD30 called last night. I am mad. What's new.

dadswife's picture

So we are at MIL who is 88, we stay one night a week with her. SD30 knows this. Her phone rings, she answers, no one is there...then immediately my husband's cell rings. It's HER. SD30. I can hear her because she talks loud, and I am sitting right next to my husband. Her tone is sweet and I swear FLIRTY. This bitch actually talks to her dad like she is trying to be flirty with him. That in itself, irritates me. But I sit there. Then he asks her how did it go with her son (4 year old) She was saying something and then the call dropped.
I said what are you talking about? It sounded like something was wrong with her son.
He then casually says she called him Friday or a few days ago and they think he may be having seizures. I am thinking WTH? You haven't said a word about it.
She calls right back, he goes outside to talk due to bad phone reception at his mothers.
Comes back in, I wait for him to finish telling me about his grandson. Nothing. He picks up remote and starts talking about TV.
I was pissed. I just got up and walked out. Went out to sit on porch.
After about 5 minutes, I hear him yelling my name. I said what. He yells are you pissed off??
Mind you there is a close neighbor or two that are his family. I said would you shut up so they don't HEAR you?
He wants too know why I am mad.
I said you say _____ may be having seizures, go out to talk, come in and start talking about the damn TV.
His reply? You told me to never mention her name to you again.
Uh yeah, I did a year ago and since then he has brought her in to out home, and thrown her in my face on 2 other occasions. And we have discussed her. he just doesn't LIKE to because he knows how I feel.
He claims last week when she was at our house (against my wishes) and we had a fight that I said it then. I did not.
I did say I didn't want her at the house.
But never mind that crap....I said does that include _____ her son?
No answer.
He starts in on me, and then says I'm not going to say anything else.
Tells me she did nothing WRONG by calling him to tell her how ______ was.
Excuse me. I was mad at HIM for not telling me her son might be having seizures.
They like to keep their secrets.
Even if I don't like her, does he seriously think this is something to not tell me?
Finally I said, well I could her her sweet sugary baby tone while she was talking to you...so based on that...I am going to assume it is nothing, because she didn't sound a bit concerned. I said she is probably calling you to get attention. As a matter of fact, HE asked HER about the boy.
Husband actually said he was going to assume it was nothing also, that maybe ___ was just messing around or something. I was told his eyes were rolled yup in his head. Nothing else. He always says No she is NOT calling me to get attention. That is not why she called me.
And she took him to the doctor, she SAYS. And that they had to take him back for an overnight study or something, and she was GOING to make an appointment. Which means she had not YET.
He started to say something about, well I know you and her don't get along. Uh NO, she is the issue and has been from day 1. I tried to get along with her.
I cut him off and told him he didn't know shit about what was between me and her and never has. I've told him for years that she has daddy issues.
I went back in the house. Asked him about something not related and he answered me in a loud hateful tone, where his mother could hear.
And earlier in the night, his mother was talking about some sack "treatment" foot soak where worms came out of her feet. And I was questioning this, of course! And he cut me off and said it was helping his brother who got her going to it. Then he cut me off and asked her, is it making you feel better? She said yes. So he said well then that's all that counts. In other words, for me to shut up.
I am not going to be talked to like he was doing, in front of any of his family. If he thinks that is how he is going to be, he will be going alone. I had not been for 2 weeks due to my anxiety/work issues.

I don't know. I am just VENTING. I went to bed early, mad and woke up mad.
And I will probably still be mad tonight.
I know none of you know all the dynamics with SD30. Just take my word for it.
All she has to do is call anymore and I am mad. Especially when I hear the way she is flirting with her own dad. Crazy bitch. Who talks to their dad like that? I bet she doesn't even talk to her own husband like that....unless she wants something.
But really I am mad at my husband for withholding info about his 4 year old grand son. But after considering it, there is probably nothing wrong with him at all. His daughter is crazy.

dadswife's picture

This, from what I gather sounds like the sea salt food soaks my MIL is doing. She actually said they saw tiny worms. Really? worms came out your feet?
And my husband thinks is ok for his mom to be scammed. I said right away sounds like a bunch of woo ha to me, and I am always skeptical.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qfZRp6Rz5s

His brother heard about it. Started going, and now has his sister taking mother for these foot soaks.

dadswife's picture

Yes, that's it...and a bit of common sense tells me it's a scam. I think my husband has to think so too but doesn't want to tell his mother or brother. Oh brother!

dadswife's picture

I didn't allow him to bring her. He went across the street to his other daughters to visit this daughter and she asked if she could come over to see me. We all know she didn't want to see me. Just show me, she'd get her foot in the house. And he brought her. And when I had the house ripped apart doing deep cleaning...and he told her this...and she said she didn't care. of course not. Never mind that "I" might care and wouldn't want anyone to see the house like that. When they walked in, I looked at him, and said really DH? Didn't even address her.

The next time she came, was when I was in back of house exercising to music and she showed up and door and he let her in, and I didn't even know she was here until the next day when he mentioned it.

I don't care to hear about her at all. But if her son really did have a seizure problem, yes I'd like to know. Maybe I shouldn't?
I can't say he is doing what I have asked of him either, because besides these two times of her being in the house...he has tossed us together on two other occasions without warning, outside the house. Like we will go someplace, and he knows she will be there, and doesn't tell me.
He refuses to set boundaries with her mostly. That's why we fight. She knows she will get her way with him eventually.
I do agree, let the call go to voicemail and speak to her at another time. Usually he does that, but she probably had him worried over her son.
I can not help but hear when he is sitting next to me, talking to her.
I am much better off when they talk and I don't know it. And yes even though I don't want to discuss her, curiosity gets the best of me in those situations and I think, ok what is she up to?
But then I end up all mad.

dadswife's picture

Still venting. SD30 can call her dad any time of day, He drives a truck locally. But she waits until she knows that he is at his mothers. Why? So his mom can know she is calling daddy? She said tell everyone I said "hi" Or because she thinks I am there, and she knows her mere calling, irritates me?
She recently started going around his side of family, doing their hair for cheap. She never went around before. She is on a mission to convince them how sweet and wonderful she is, and what a wicked stepmother I am.
And seems to be doing a decent job of it. And I help her out. All his mother saw was I got mad when SD30 called. But I did tell her that my husband had not told me a THING about grandson possibly having seizures, and she knew this irritated me. But still it's her son, and she is going to feel sorry for him, no matter what.
I want so bad, to tell SD30 all I think of her. If only! Tell her I am on to her games. But I can't email or text it....it'd be ammo for her games. I can't say it to her, because I tried telling her in a nice way before when she called ME upset. And she talks over the top of me and denies what little I told her. And it'd do no good anyway. Might actually please her. I know many of you say the best thing to do is IGNORE, but sometimes it gets so hard to do. I am not one who is fake or can bite my tongue much.
I'd also like to flat out tell her she is not welcome here at the house as long as she plays games. Husband won't tell her, just makes excuses and tells her he will go see her somewhere else. So she ends up showing up at the door, because he is sitting in living room at night with blinds up and she is across the street visiting. As far as I am concerned, if I did agree to her visiting here, she would have to CALL and give advance notice that she is coming. But in 5 years, she has never done that. Just drops by unannounced. She lives 4 hours away and comes to town without telling him usually.
None of the rest of her family works, so she just pops in and out on them as she pleases.
Sorry, not sorry....but she is a guest if she is here, to me.
She is not welcome to make herself at home. This is not her childhood home. She has never lived here.
At one time, early on, she came by and we were not home, she called him and he told her the back door was unlocked, go on in. NO WAY. I do not trust her. This is a gown woman who has shown contempt and jealousy of me from the start....tried to cause trouble between me and her dad...and he thinks it's ok for her to come in to our home when we aren't here? That ended. And doors started being LOCKED when we were't home.
One time I was taking a nap, home alone...she came in....came down hall and in to the bedroom. Wow. I told her she's lucky I wash't naked because that's usually how I sleep.
I would NEVER go in anyone's home like that. Not even my own family.

dadswife's picture

The sound of her voice, works me up. I despise this woman. It doesn't take much to work me up. He knows it, but I don't talk to her, so she doesn't really know if I am mad or not. But yes, it is affecting me by allowing her to get to me.
For a year or so, pretty much her entire pregnancy, she stayed away. She didn't call him as much. All of a sudden, she's back at it.

dadswife's picture

She caught me so off guard and woke me up...I was shocked. I wish I would have said just what you said. As much as I despise her, for some reason, I don't question her or stand up for myself much.
I think of what I should have said, later.
OK, since she is not welcome in the house....and he will not tell her this...how do I handle it?

dadswife's picture

I am on the fence so bad. A part of me thinks I should agree to let her visit. A part of me does not want to. But man if I tell her what you just said, DH is going to hit the roof. lol
He just doesn't agree with me, see her as I do, and thinks I am as much or MORE of a problem than SHE is because she is "sweet" to him and cunning, most of the time. And here I am saying: i don't like her.
I honestly don't know if I have the balls to say to her, in front of DH, that I need some notice before she comes over. (if I should decide to allow it)
And it has been a week since her "drop in" so I feel like it should have been said THEN not now.

I can't talk on the phone to her, she talks over the top of me and acts dumb....and plays dumb. And if I do speak to her, she will call him crying, been there, done that.

Indigo's picture

Or, strip off your clothes and amble down the hallway buck naked with all your parts moving the next time there is an unexpected visit ... stand proud, walk proud, mature woman in her natural habitat.

Sorry, stole that idea from the poster who's SD jacked the key and came into master bedroom ...

dadswife's picture

PS
I can imagine how she is going to turn these boundaries around on me...telling the whole family she can't see her own dad without an appointment. I know she texts and calls her sisters, mother etc and tells them she is coming to town and when. And she is free to pop in & out of their homes as she pleases. They like her. lol I don't. And we are busy. I like my place clean if company comes. You know... pick up clutter, scoop the cat boxes. sweep the floor, vacuum. I would love for my house to stay spotless but anymore, this seems like an impossible task.
I could get away with telling her she has to give notice before visiting (with DH)
But I think if I tell her she is not welcome...he will be furious. And probably side with her and tell her she can come anytime she wants. Then she knows she has caused a divide. I guarantee he has not told her she isn't welcome. He doesn't have it in him. But she knows I am the reason he sees her elsewhere. That's why she came, to show me she would. If it were me, I'd want to stay away, knowing I wasn't wanted. And I'd just agree to see my dad outside the house.