You are here

SD rejects re-united couple

waynesqueez's picture

My DH and I first met and fell in love 30 years ago. We did not leave our spouses and run away together and have regreted it ever since. I have 2 sons, he has 2 daughters from our first marriages. We got back together three years ago. Our children know about our past and have mixed feelings about us. My son expressed a dislike for my DH almost immediately. My response was,"Please give him a chance. There's not much I care to do without him." My son got the message and has treated my DH with respect and even been nice ever since. DH became very ill last year and my SD flew down to care for him - uninvited and unannounced. I welcomed her. After 2 days, I noticed when he and I were having a private conversation she would invite herself into the room and join in. On the third day, she did it again. In front of DH I said, "My husband and I were in a private conversation when you joined in." "So?" from her. "So, I don't think that is inappropriate." She called me a name I won't repeat, told me I was condecending, and then turned on her dad,"I'm sorry you have married yet another woman who is so weak challenged by me being a strong woman. Oh, and by the way, the father-daughter relationship trumps forth wife!!" Slammed the door and drove off in my car! DH said nothing as he was fuzzy with medication, sick, and stunned. Two minutes later she texed her father: BTW I thought you might like to know I'm pregnant. She has refused to speak to her father for five months. He is now as angry as can be with her, but it makes him heartsick, too. Suggestions?

lostinspace's picture

i feel for you im in the exact same position arnt they just horrid little people xx