You are here

SD (27) angry about moving out . . she'll get over it

Shannon61's picture

Yesterday, DH asked SD if she had made a decision about the place. She thought he was talking about the location for the wedding, but he told her (and I interjected as well), that he was talking about the apartment she'd been considering. This was prompted by me asking him about it because I want to know what's going on. Also, in the past SD has told DH to stop asking her about the wedding. This gives you an idea of the type of personality we're dealing with.

Once DH clarified that he was talking about the new place, the look on her face was priceless. She couldn't believe that DH would ask her that. Now she knows that he too is looking forward to her moving out. She is the by product of adult spousal status. I wanted to tell her "sorry little girl, but I'm the wife. Time to move on, grow up, and create your own life with your fiance. She wants DH to try to convince her to stay, but he's not falling for it. He knows I want her out. So today when he came home, he didn't coddle her as usual about how she was feeling, how her day was going, or if she had a good time last night. So she quickly ran to her car and took off. DH wasn't bothered by it in the least, and ignored her. He's starting to see through her childish antics.

DH and I are excited about finally having the place to ourselves, and the much needed privacy it will bring. The dynamics in our marriage is about to change for the better, and I'm simply over the moon! I have 2 more weeks of dealing with SD and looking at her poker faced mug on a daily basis. Thank you God for answering my prayers! I've always felt it was unfair that she lived w/us, yet her BM got the benefit of living in a home all by herself. . .not having to deal w/SD's funky attitude and crap on a daily basis. I'm looking forward to the change her absence will bring.

For all of you out there w/adult steps who are not living at home, do you very best to keep it that way!

Sweetnothings's picture

Oh Shannon61, you sound like me when I was awaiting countdown to SD21 leaving !! Even the DH actually helping with the situation!! I enjoyed THAT moment as surprise, surprise with the SD it didn't last long!!
SD21 actually sent DH a photo yesterday in her two line email, she's entered super nice chatty mode as the visit is close now and she's itching to dig deep into the DH's wallet !! Here we gooooo !!!

Shannon61's picture

Yes, she's taking the place and moving out on 8/1. I wanted to ask her about the lease, etc., but she's always on the defensive. So I dropped it. Plus she has all the answers any way because she has a master's degree.

Whew. Now she can go nasty up her own place! I'm not used to and will never get used to living in filth.

Sweetnothings's picture

Best not to pester, even though it is tempting, isn't it. I had to actually watch DH book SD21's flight before I even believed it !!
Roll on August !! You'll be able to convince your DH to not keep on visiting the new lovebirds, as surely they'll be busy feathering their nest ( your SD will be feathering it with crap soon enough, eh?)

Shannon61's picture

Indeed. Hell I wanted to ask if her lease was a one year or month to month, but decided to drop it because she was already deflated that we're not throwing ourselves on the floor pleading w/her to stay.

I really want to ask her when she's going to start packing her junk. Seeing the look on her face when she starts packing, will be payback for all the BS she's caused. And no, I'm not lifting a finger to help or do anything else. She's so lazy she'll likely throw all her stuff in a hefty bag at the last minute.

Yes DH can go visit all he likes, and hopefully SD will see how it feels to have constant intrusions. I'm ready to close my eyes, click my heels three times and repeat. . . my pain in the ass will soon be gone, my pain in the ass will soon be gone! Smile

frustratedstepdad's picture

I'm so jealous and happy for you at the same time. I wish to GOD that my SD21 would get her own place. Enjoy it for the rest of us please! LOL.

Madamx28's picture

I'm happy for you as well! Crossing my fingers she stays gone, too!!! Smile

I wish my boyfriend would be fully onboard about his kid getting a new place. On the rare occasion that I actually get some privacy with him to discuss things he always agrees with me, but when it comes down to the actual discussion he really doesn't drive the seriousness of it home with his son. He downplays the whole thing, it's to the point of being nauseating. :sick: I question why he even bothers because he's so spineless when it comes to this. When I tell the kid the way I want his dad to tell him he doesn't care because without his dad's backing me up he feels he has the upper hand under the protection of "daddy".

So angry and resentful right now!

Sweetnothings's picture

Hey Shannon, that sounds like my SD21's style of packing !!!! The just throw it all in a bag (including the nasty crap not just the dirty clothes !!) :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Shannon61's picture

Thanks so much everyone. I never thought I'd see this day so soon. I'm going to do a back flip when they pull up w/the moving truck.

SD had the nerve to tell me "I hadn't planned on being here this long." Yeah right. .. she had it made here - no chores, came and went as she pleased, paid a pittance for rent (until I made DH increase it), fiance started staying over night (until I ended that BS), no accountability for anything in the house (I put an end to this too), and DH coddling her like a 5 year old - letting her get away with everything because he didn't want to hurt her feelings . .pathetic. The world and life is going to hurt her feeling!

SD has no clue about what's she in for when she gets married. Her DH will not . . I repeat . . will not treat her like dear old dad. She's in for a very rude awakening.

buttercookie's picture

Congrats on getting her out, change the locks when she leaves cuz she's going to probably want to hang out constantly or need things she don't want to buy.

UsedUp's picture

I would call her up every single day after she leaves and ask her what she is fixing for dinner or just drop by all the time unannounced. Nothing like a little bit of pay back to drive home the truth.

Shannon61's picture

DH is encouraging her to leave some of her stuff here . . . so she'll have a reason to keep coming back. I told him she needs to take all of her stuff. We're not a storage facility.

I've never seen anything like it in my life. Let her go for goodness sakes! I believe in my heart that if he could, he'd move w/her.

I'm so ready for her to go. These last few weeks feel surreal.

buttercookie's picture

tell him anything left will go in the trash or on ebay unless she pays a daily storage fee. Geesh tell both of them to grow the hell up

irritatedgal's picture

Get a margarita and CELEBRATE!!!!!!! And do NOT forget to change the locks either. Perhaps even block her number and when she complains say "it's been having issues Wink

Shannon61's picture

She seems to be clinging to DH more than ever now. DH and I were out tonight and she sent him a message saying she was cooking dinner and asked him to pick up something from the store. What if we'd planned on being out late?

As luck would have it, we took my sister out to dinner tonight for her b-day. Geez. I want to ask SD where the heck is her fiance. She should be cooking for him. I've noticed he doesn't come around too much lately. I'm starting to think she's annoying as hell to him too.