You are here

SD’s in-laws are also dependent on DH

tigerlily74's picture

Q. What’s worse than SD31 being dependent on DH?
A. Her in-laws also being dependent on DH.

We were driving and SD’s father-in-law calls and asks DH to find out a medical insurance hotline number for him.

Firstly, do you not have Google?
Secondly, do you not have a 31yo son to do stupid things for you?
Thirdly, do you not have a 31yo daughter-in-law to do stupid things for you?

GOOD GRIEF.

DH: Darling, can you google for me?
Me: Nope. If you let them treat you like Google, you can do it yourself.

Disengagement in 3, 2, 1...

sammigirl's picture

Ugh....how frustrating for you! It seems to never end. That is why I hate cell phones. I do not have one; I have OnStar in my vehicle, if "I" need to make a call. Nobody has the number but DH.

DH has his cell phone to keep in touch with skids, but I choose to have the peace.

SD57 and SGD34 (mother/daughter) are blocked from my social media, including email. Nice!

I feel bad for you with all that nonsense.

tigerlily74's picture

Where I live, everyone has smartphones. So getting someone else to do your googling is really damned lazy. And if you pick up the phone, how about asking your Wife or Son instead of treating your Daughter-in-law’s Father like some concierge service?

Thumper's picture

sonofabrisketmaker IS RIGHT....

Helping others in need IS goodness, having your former son inlaw run the congregations errands is being a lackey.

HEY walk in the church RIGHT in the middle of the sermon walking straight UP the aisle, waving papers in your hand. "HEY REV. here is everything you asked me to google for your parishioners. HEY folks, you will have to ask someone else next time because I am not doing this any longer for your pastor. Maybe he can ask his daughter next time".

Blum 3

I bet they don't know DH is doing all the work.

tigerlily74's picture

It’s got nothing to do with church.

The in-laws have just observed SD crooking her finger and having DH run to do her bidding, and now the in-laws are doing the same! That’s all there is to it.

Acratopotes's picture

tigerlily.... what's wrong with you?

DH asking you to google the number for him you should've done that dammit.... not the hot line to the medical but more the hotline to some steamy sex place }:) }:) }:)

tigerlily74's picture

@Acrapotes: OMG. That would've been priceless!!! Damn, how could I have missed that opportunity. HAHAHAHAHA

*mentally files that idea away for next time* }:) }:) }:)

Rags's picture

Not no but hell no!!! The adult spawn and IL of this useless geriatric waste of skin couple can help. You and DH... let em rot.

And enjoy watching the process. }:)

tigerlily74's picture

@Rags: My thoughts exactly!

In fact, Tigerlily being Tigerlily, I couldn't bite back my acerbic comment and mentioned later: "See what happens when you let SD walk all over you? Now her in-laws are also walking all over you."

My poor DH acknowledged it with a rueful smile. Even *he* knows the request was too much.

DH: What would you have said?
Me: Honestly? Say that was my Mom who asked me to Google a number for her. My reply would've been "Have you done it yourself?"
DH: You would? To your Mom?
Me: Well, yeah of course. It's natural to ask if she's even tried so I know what she's done and what she hasn't done!
DH: And if she hadn't done it?
Me: I would ask her to go Google it!

Damn, I wish I had remembered this site: www.justfuckinggoogleit.com

Acratopotes's picture

Tiger....

Remember now in the future if DH asks you something to help out SD and her in-laws.... simply be a good wife and help him out, with incorrect information lol... they will eventually stop asking, My mother use to do this to us .....

Mum what's the number for the Dentist (as adult kids of 18)
Mum 1234
You call the number and it would be Information center lol....

tigerlily74's picture

@Acratopotes: I've definitely filed your suggestion away for future action. Now, I must find an appropriate number to dish out. LOL

Rags's picture

Great idea. Tell them the number is.... 411! Let them eat the charge.

I crack myself up. Dirol