You are here

Question

mystical7's picture

My BS was lent my dirt bike a year ago to ride and enjoy, he lives an hour away. Yesterday I discovered it for sale on Craigslist and the ad says he needs money. I have been unable to get ahold of him and I want to call the police. I don't know what they can do for me as I do not know if he still has it or not.

I'm thinking he already sold it even though the ad is still posted. He mysteriously came up with enough money to get his drivers license back after getting a DUI and getting caught driving with out it three times. And he had to get insurance coverage, all this I can read online through the court records and his BMV record. PLUS he's out car shopping as he just called my mother this morning and asked her for $100 to buy a truck.

HE'S UNEMPLOYED so I'm thinking he sold my bike to cover all these expenses. What do I do?

mystical7's picture

I do not have the title as I still have 6K to pay on the loan. I don't want to press charges but just like all my Skids, my Bio is a complete asshole and shits all over me like a moneky at the zoo. (and that's because his step mom was able to brain wash him against me)

I have saved all the photos of the ads I found. He has it listed in three places. My mother just called me again and gave me three phone numbers and it's the same ones I've already tried. This is so frustrating dealing with all children in general no matter what their age or if their bio or skid, there all a bunch of ungrateful thieves.

still learning's picture

What an ungrateful little jerk. Kids like these are what I call, "Traitors of the Womb."

Ladyofthehouse's picture

Babybugged is right! Call the police and let them deal w/ it! Stealing from family is stooping to a whole new level

mystical7's picture

I'm so pissed off. It's incomprehensible the depths of my hatred towards him. I just can't believe he would do this.

mystical7's picture

It is a titled item and the bank has the title until it's paid off just like a car loan. But with this type of loan it's more like a credit card that you can only use at Yamaha and believe me, I jacked the thing way up with parts and gear and equipment.

I'm also flaming hot at my own mother who refuses to call him even though he's been in contact with her all morning about buying a truck. She refuses to get involved or ask and it's obvious he has me blocked on his phone or won't respond.

Stepped in what momma's picture

Send a certified letter letting him know that you know about the ad and let him know that if you don't hear from him by ____ that you will be filing a report that it has been stolen on _____.

mystical7's picture

I do hate him. Sorry but I'm not sorry. Why is that so hard to understand? I have believed his lies for years and he has manipulated me into paying for things I did not want to pay for, stolen from me and sold my things. Trashed my house, ripped doors off hinges, punched holes in all my walls and destroyed my personal belongings. He has made my life a living hell since he was about 12.

I've just reached the point where I can't deal with the drama anymore. I've bought him three vehicles which he has all destroyed on purpose or wrecked, and my mother has bought him two. He's had his own dirt bike that I sold because he stole my car and ran away for a year. He's been on drugs for years, OD multiple times and been in intensive care and then the mental hospital. A dui that nearly killed him. He uses heroin and tried to punch me on Christmas Eve when I went to pick him up for our family holiday because I asked him what he took. Until you go through all I've been through and endured all the mental pain I have suffered for YEARS, don't judge me based on saying I hate him.

My mother doesn't want to stir the pot with him because she is afraid of him and only recently tried to establish some sort of a normal relationship with him.

mystical7's picture

That's exactly my point, I can't just finish paying it off with nothing to show for my money. I have not spoken to him since Christmas even and had no plans on speaking to him until he called me. He has a lot of problems.

mystical7's picture

NO. I'm struggling with adding to his criminal record. I do love him very much.

Indigo's picture

^This^

I "dropped a dime" on my SD earlier this year. Alerting cops to outstanding felony warrant for probation violation. She went to jail, became a trustee, oh ... she lost trustee status last week due to a misunderstanding. She's getting out of jail next week.

She is working to clean up the mess she has made and to go legal. Perhaps getting an ID or driver's license. Forgotten TPO's surfaced today from 2010 filed at the school so she cannot be around SGD-12 --- lots of things which require tidying up. (temporary/never permanent but the school was never notified.) Three kids where CPS has been involved. No child support has been paid since she sloped. However, she is beginning to try to pay fines, correct paperwork and slowly slog her way uphill.

Sober for a time because of boyfriend of a year who doesn't drink/drug. It's a process.

No regrets on turning her in. Tough love is not a bad thing. Two steps forward, three back and then three forward and one back. My SD has a great rap sheet and 3 kids which you are supporting, but ... maybe ... perhaps, she's beginning to own her past behavior and create a new future.

Aside: Took my BS-13=then to the local cop shop this Fall. Poor choices = Come to Jesus Moment. Parenting is not for the lilly-livered or faint-of-heart.

mystical7's picture

I'm going to contact my local police tonight and ask them what I can do. His local police are kind of mean and mine are very nice.

ItsGrowingOld's picture

My mom moved from her home into assisted living in 2006. My oldest sister (there are nine of us!) decided to steal a lot of my mom's collectables as well as take any financial documents she could find a day or two after mom went into the home. I guess she had her blazer packed full of mom's belongs Sad

Two of my other sisters were mom's POA. They learned oldest sis was the one that stole mom's stuff. They had the police go talk to my mom about what her options were. Mom said, and I quote, "If she doesn't return the stolen items within 48 hours, prosecute her." Mom had everything returned to her the next day.

I would have the police pay your son a visit and have them tell him he needs to return the bike to you or he will be prosecuted. And, let the chips fall where they may!

His actions are criminal if he sold the bike. It wasn't his to sell.