A post about father "ruining" his daughter's wedding
I came across this post made by a father:
The summary is:
- Daughter has been alienated by mother for years. Daughter only contacts father for money.
- Just before her wedding, daughter contacts her father so she can pretend to be close to him to impress her in-laws
- Father lets truth slip right before the wedding
- Weddings gets cancelled
- Father is guilted into paying off the $60K of wedding expenses.
- AFTER he pays it off, daughter comes to his business, breaks things with a baseball bat and threatens her stepmother who is there (who has no blame in any of this by the way)
I thought it was refreshing to see so many people rightfully put the daughter in her place. It's too bad the father seems blinded by guilt to understand them.
This is such a typical outcome for parents and alienated kids. Everyone is damaged and no proper emotional tools.
And that poor stepmother. Thought she could finally see her stepdaughter go far away. Instead she gets threatened with violence.