You are here

Our son is getting married

I love my Pitt bulls's picture

Our son is getting married to the love of his life in October 2021.  Of course, he is inviting all family and this includes his sister, my stepdaughter.  My husband and I talked to her on her 44th birthday this week and she began to talk about how much it is going to cost her to board her animals and rent a hotel. She is a nurse manager in N C and makes a great income and so does her husband.   Honestly, I had mentioned to my husband that we may pay for some hotel costs but after that "poor mouthing" conversation, thats not happening now.  
I'm now going back to focusing on this upcoming wedding. 

tog redux's picture

Well, that's sad. At 44 with a good job, paying for a weekend stay for your brother's wedding should be no hardship at all. But she's probably terrible with money, in debt, and this sadly doesn't meet criteria for something worth spending on for her. 

Rags's picture

I can't stand people like your SD.  They are a waste of skin.  I prefer people who actually need help to those who don't and then play the bullshit "help me" card.

Kaylee's picture

No, I would not subsidize her. She has a good paying job, and if she can't manage money, in no way is that yours or your husband's problem.

hereiam's picture

Well, if she can't afford to go, she shouldn't go (and maybe just doesn't want to). I would absolutely not subsidize her.

She is a grown adult, with a good job. If she truly can't afford to go, it's her own damn fault. Again, maybe she just doesn't want to go, or at least, doesn't want to foot the bill to go.

Really, not your problem.

punkysue's picture

that she does not want to go because its not until October and this is only January.. She sounds just like my SD.. has the dumbest excuses to not want to live up to any family obligations. I agree, she wouldn't be any fun there anyway.. enjoy it without her..