You are here

Only a matter of time...

Missingme's picture

is only a matter of time before I bail out of my marriage.  When the princess cannot show up for holiday gatherings, my husband pines for his favorite.  It sickens me and makes me jealous, admittedly.  I’m thinking he should’ve married this one since she’s not related by blood.  Before you say I’m nuts, think again.  I’m an extremely perceptive and intuitive woman.  Focus will now be completely on the skids (the one above in particular) for reasons I cannot go into and I honestly don’t think I’m strong enough to have them in my life much more than they u fortunately are.  The new year is going to be transforming.  I guess I’m a wussy.  

Oh yeah, and one is losing their house, so we’ll be footing more bills, surely.  Pathetic.

lorlors's picture

and this time of year can certainly inflame and put a microscope on those feelings. The approaching New Year is a time to take stock and it is hard to keep going knowing you are still in the trenches.

Dealing with stepkid bullsh1t and a husband’s response to it all is so bloody tiresome.

I really feel for you.

Exjuliemccoy's picture

It's not you, it's them. In fact, it really has nothing to do with you.

You seem like a thoughtful, articulate woman who's been through some tough times. You met a man - a sick man- and being in a vulnerable place and unfamiliar with his particular illness, you were sucked into a maelstom of dysfunction.

You weren't the first, and you likely won't be the last person to become collateral damage to this sick family. So make an exit strategy, learn the lessons before you, and move onwards and upwards. Cream always rises, you know.

sandye21's picture

I went back and read your posts from October.  It appears the relationship between your DH and you is only about him.  In the fall, he was in a bad mood because he was being ignored by the princess.  You don't seem to be in his cross hairs at all other than a sounding board.  You deserve more than this.  Time to make an exit strategy. 

Rags's picture

Purge toxic from  your life. 

Give  yourself a great new years gift and put this waste of skin of a non man and his shallow and polluted gene pool, and non gene pool, fading in your rear view mirror.

My condolences on the loss of your child.

Take care of you.