You are here

Once Upon a Time

Nellie's picture

Once upon a time there was a 3 year old that was still breastfeeding. Of course this was a child old enough to eat a hamburger and carry on a conversation, but he still wanted to nurse. It was embarrassing to everyone, except the 3 year old that was too immature to feel embarrassment. His friends teased him, and his siblings, even younger ones, were happily weaned and independent from mommy's breast. One day the day came when mommy said no more. The 3 year old felt unloved and tossed aside, and screamed and cried. After a while he got over it and drank from his cup like a big boy and felt proud of himself, and his friends no longer teased him. Mommy was much happier to be independent and spent more time with Daddy.

Once upon a time there was a 23 year old that was still bringing laundry to his Dad and SM's house. Of course this was a man old enough to go to the laundromat or rent a place with laundry equipment, but he still wanted to depend on Dad and SM for laundry stuff. It was embarrassing to everyone, except the 23 year old that was too immature to feel embarrassment. His friends teased him, and his siblings, even younger ones, were happily self-sufficient and independent from Dad and SM's washer and dryer. One day the day came when Dad and SM said no more. The 23 year old felt unloved and tossed aside, and screamed and cried. After a while he got over it and took his laundry to the laundromat like a man and felt proud of himself, and his friends no longer teased him. SM was much happier to be independent and spent more time with Daddy.

I really don't see much difference between a 3 year old that still wants to nurse and a 23 year old that still wants to bring laundry to their parent's house.

I guess I should be counting my blessings that he moved out.

need2vent's picture

I agree completely, it just seems our SO tend to have these kids sucking much of the time.
"We don't understand life anymore at 40 then at 20, but we know it and admit it" Jules Renard

Sarah101's picture

...the parents that encourage breastfeeding until their child is, say, 10 years old! I think that's part of what we see with these socially retarded adults that keep coming home to nurse.

If the milk keeps flowing, they'll be there.

stepwitch's picture

I know many!

Stepwitch
Thank you Disney for portraying a positive image on all stepmothers!!!!

Nellie's picture

It's just the symbolism of the whole thing. If he can't get something easily, by default he just asks his Dad. Doesn't occur to him to provide things for himself. I'm just sick of him with his hand out, sick of him being dependent on everyone, sick of him in general.

The poor kid has no friends and no life so I should be a little more tolerant.

I just wish he would grow up and get a life. I would be happy for him, happy for DH, happy for me.

Nellie