You are here

Once again!

Villas21's picture

Hi well I was being a good person and went to adult s.d.house.

We brought 2 pizzas...after the paper plates were thrown on the table....she announces to me that they have no wine...only water.

I am seated next to 2 fully loaded wine holders 36 bottles!

Why be so rude! As I mentioned before this women had health issues n I nursed her back to health for months.

I did not say anything... but my husband,  who never faults her,feels he must.

This will have her hate me even more.

I feel so disrespected....

Villas21's picture

They knew we were visting..ahead if time..her husband drink wine whenever he visits our home.....

tog redux's picture

Did no one say anything at the time? Like, "Soooo ... are all these wine bottles just props?"

sickofstephell's picture

Wine is nasty. I'd be grateful for the water.

Maybe they were saving it for another occasion?

sandye21's picture

Surely, after eating the pizza that OP and DH brought, they could have offered another option besides water. 

My SD and her husband were extremely tight.  One time, when as I was preparing to cook dinner for them I asked SD to please pick up a small package of margarine.  You would have thought I asked her for her soul.  The OP's SD and her husband were being small and cheap.  It's a stretch to to justify it as anything else..  Next time they come over.give them water and tell them you know they "prefer' it.

2Tired4Drama's picture

Tog, I'm guessing you are from the Midwest.  Pop!  It's a giveaway!  

tog redux's picture

I looked it up once! It's pop all the way from the middle of NY state to the Midwest. Soda from there East. I am in NY.

Exjuliemccoy's picture

I think a lot of us SMs have tried to model polite and inclusive behavior in hopes it will be reciprocated. But the truth is, skids like the OP's are entitled and interpret kindness as weakness. The script never flips because a) these poorly reared skids were never taught how to behave, and b) because there are so many other issues bubbling under the service. A lot of these SDs just seethe with resentment and daddy issues.

OP, learn the lesson before you and take a different tact. Quit catering to these cretins. No more graciously hosting these rude people. IF you ever allow them in your house again, let your H play host. And speak up if they raise an eyebrow at the lack of service. 

MissTexas's picture

I may've felt compelled to say something like, "Well, even Jesus turned the water into wine, and if it's good enough for Him, it's good enough for me!" as I got up and poured out my water and opened a bottle and offered DH a glass. I'm not a drinker, but if I did, that would be my approach. Sometimes I think SD is going to drive me to drinking.

How ridiculous is that? You can clearly see there is wine in view. What did your DH say?

This is a clear cut case of rudeness, and there is no other explanation. I hope you made it abundantly clear to your DH too. I also hope you told him that you will demonstrate the same courtesy should they ever be allowed back in your home.

The audacity of some people, especially after you were there in her time of need. 

2Tired4Drama's picture

She never so much as offered me or her father a glass of water.  But I am glad she didn't, and here's why...

Her husband, the Neanderthal, came in from doing yard work.  He was all sweaty and was wearing a sleeveless shirt, then he USED THE KITCHEN DISH TOWEL TO WIPE HIS ARMPITS!   Hung it right back up, too.  SD saw it and didn't say a word.  

It's especially disturbing since SD is in the health care field.  God help her patients if she thinks this kind of behavior is OK.  

piegirl's picture

That made me want to dry retch!! Yuuuck...their glasses are being wiped with SSIL's armpits ROFLOL

Rags's picture

Quit torturing yourself.  

You should have served yourself wine from their collection.

Grab her by the scruff of the neck and rub her nose in the stench of her putrid behavior.  Figuratively of course.

Lather, rinse, repeat.