You are here

Now there’s a lovely anniversary!

Too old for this's picture

We have our 13th wedding anniversary coming up.  I was planning a romantic day as it falls on a day when we are not working.  I said:  let’s plan something fun.  He said:  great, let’s have my kids over for dinner.

Are you kidding me?    I cook for people who range from not caring about me to outright hating me?  How could he even say that?

Is there a school for husbands who need remedial work?

Letti.R's picture

ROTFL at "Is there a school for husbands who need remedial work?"
(When you find it, please let me know too.)

I am sorry your DH is such an unthinking  tosser about your anniversary.
Who the heck wants to celebrate their wedding anniversary with their own kids, nevermind skids??!!
Talk about a romance killer! Dash 1

susanm's picture

To celebrate your anniversary he wants to have his children with someone else over for dinner?  Cool.  You can invite a couple of your ex-boyfriends or maybe some of his former bosses and co-workers that he hated.  Should be a jolly time!

Maxwell09's picture

Your response should have been something along the lines of “wow, how romantic”

Dovina's picture

They just dont get it. Anniversaries should be celebrated by the  couple and with the people who support the marriage. What an idiot for saying that. I would be royally pissed and let him know that. Happy Anniversary, which should include no cooking or skids.

CANYOUHELP's picture

That is some nerve, wanting YOUR anniversary to be about his kids.....this is very telling.

Exjuliemccoy's picture

Set your DH straight! Tell him that your anniversary is special to you and is a day to celebrate as a couple.

Nip this in the bud and don't entertain any dumb Disney dad nonsense.

Rags's picture

I have no words regarding how much of an idiot this guy is.  I am a man and even I see it.

smh

Good luck with this one.

SteppedOut's picture

This screams, you are important for what you can do for me and my kids, not you are important to me as a (romantic) life partner. 

Too old for this's picture

I told him it was clear to me that he was not interested in celebrating our marriage OR me.  It pretty much went downhill from there ( or uphill if you consider the tone of my voice).  

I also suggested that he walk outside and ask any random stranger what the stranger thought about his suggestion to me.

I suspect he gets it now.

Suemm44's picture

My steps would never be over for dinner let alone an anniversary. What does he think at all. What does his kids have to do with your anniversary. ??

I’d probably have vomit hit the back of my throat if that was me at that moment . 

Gosh,  im having thoughts of  jumping on top of my dh and slapping repeatly if he ever says that to me about our anniversary. How horrible for you to hear that response 

I’ll tell him. Lol. It’d probably be along the lines if ; do you want this to be some kind of death wish , really !? 

shamds's picture

Is you cook for a bunch of people you don’t want there when common sense and logic is an anniversary is shared by the couple alone( or in my case our 2 toddlers).... i feel you hun. 

Our 4 year anniversary was earlier this month, about 2 months ago i asked hubby if we could go somewhere as every yr we’ve gone interstate or somewhere for a mini getaway for the weekend nearby. Hubby said he couldn’t because of sport commitments tied to his job as he was in charge as one of the seniors so no biggie... i knew we would get time a little later for the mini getaway. 2 weeks before our anniversary hubby tells me ss has a mid semester break from uni so where do we want to go together... my response “hell no, i am not ever going on another holiday yet alone spend our anniversary with your 20yr old son who will act i am not there, ruin the mood and vibe by showing he clearly doesn’t want to be around” but your ss told you we can all go somewhere then and at the drop of a finger hubby is available yet when i tried months in advance when he would know if schedule free or not it was a no

i reminded hubby i will not be spending my birthday, our kids birthdays or any anniversaries, hubbies birthdays or other getaways with his son being present because he makes it well known he doesn’t want us there and completely ignores everyone and is extremely rude, self centred and disrespectful.

hubby just got told that if ss tells you he is free to go on a holiday with your daughters from ex, you can all go on a holiday alone as a happy family because i will not be made to sit there with our 2 kids being completely ignored, being forced to smile and act like its all good. Hubby straight away said he didn’t want to go on a holiday or getaway alone with kids from ex. He always wants me and our 2 kids to be present as we’re his family too.

he’s lucky i didn’t sarcastically reply with “Are you seriously this stupid to ask me that? Hmmmm yeah holiday with ss/sk present totally ignoring us, giving instant bad vibes that they don’t want us around and i’m supposed to act happy?? No thanks!!”