You are here

Normalicy is SOOO NICE!

shes driving me crazy in my retirement's picture

DD and her family are here and it is so nice.  NORMALICY!  I gave my grandchildren the latest set of U.S. coins, as I usually do.  It was so refreshing not to have to deal with Twit on that kind of thing.

With DD she was happy for her children.  With T, she would get jealous of her brood and pount and sulk because SHE didn't get a set.  The outcome would be that H use to pester me to give her MY set!  Then, miraculously, Twit would perk up and be "pleasant" for an hour or so.  GREEDY and SELFISH is what she is.

It is so pleasant to be around people that I don't feel like I have to watch my back all the time.

H is not hear, he is not invited and even DD stated she does not want to see or talk to or about him!  That is quite a chance from how she ususally is.

She, and her Husband are talking to me about selling my  house down here and moving back North with them.  They have a big house with more than enough room for me, she says.  And, as she points out, I am getting older.

Well, every one is starting to stir so I will start making breakfast for all.

Oh, BTW, when Twit gets what she wants, all she does is brighten up for awhile.  Saying Thank you is not in her vocabulary.

sandye21's picture

Just wondering what is holding you to where you presently live?  If DH and you reunite there is no reason why it can't be accomplished in a different location.  And wouldn't it be nice to live the rest of your life near people who surround you with love and support?  You might be so busy having fun you won't have time to think about T.   You've been giving to everyone else for so long, maybe it's time to give a little to yourself.

You know Sandye, that is exactly what I have been thinking th last couple of days.  The only reason we  moved down here was to get away from T, and a place we wouldn't have to shovel snow.

If I move in with DD and her family, I wouldn't have to worry about the snow etc.

Should H get his head out of is butt about his daughter he could move up there too.  DD has a BIG house so there is plenty of room.  And if H should have another relapse, I am safe in the comfort of my family not to have to deal with it.  DD would probably put him out if he started on that old saw again.

Let's face it, I am old and geting slower as is normal.  DD is still in her prime and doesn't stand for much, if any, nonsense from T.  Basically, she has long said T was very scarey and something was really wrong with her.

Rags's picture

I am so happy that you are enjoying the visit from your DD and her family.  Isn't it incredible how different a real family is from the travesty of a shallow and polluted gene pool?

The offer from your DD and her family is enticing.  Just be measured in your decision.  Even incredible multi generation family home situations can be a challenge.  

If DH won't reach clarity and remain commited to keeping TWIT's toxic crap out of your life he does not need to be included in the decisions you are going to have to make.

IMHO of course.

Take care of you.