You are here

New House & Moving On

SavvyKim's picture

Hi Guys,

I am feeling so much better now, he went to see a solicitor and found out I can only take him for the Florida properties, he said he only owed me about £30,000, however, his solicitor did not tell him I can put a claim in for the UK property as I have contributed to the household. He had totally forgot I was on the deeds for all the properties in Florida and I could make him sell them. The next day he totally changed his tune.

He is now buying me a house for £137,500 cash, the deeds will be totally in my name, he is buying all the big furniture, TV and all the appliances for the kitchen and giving me £25,000 cash (I took a reduced rate because I had a higher value house which hopefully I will be completing on (closing on) around the 23rd/24th November and now getting excited. I in return, will sign all the property in Florida over to his sole name, I can also go out to them 4 weeks a year in return for me still doing the bookings for him.

I am now starting to pack, oh my gosh, you don't realize how much stuff you have until you are moving. At least I will be away from this toxic relationship.

I put this post in a blog by mistake.

sammigirl's picture

Good for you. It is like the world has been lifted off your shoulders.

Keep us posted how it is going with your move.

Good Luck.

SacrificialLamb's picture

Did you invest your own money in the villas that you are now signing over?

I responded to this on your blog post and will do the same here. What does it mean "do the bookings for him"? Will you have to see him in person to do this?

I think doing these bookings in exchange for a benefit (visiting your former villas) might make it harder to move on. As much as a narcissist as this guy is, it would be be best to have nothing to do with him at all.

But you sound much better and I am glad your spirits are up!

SavvyKim's picture

Hi, no it does not mean I will have to see him at all, I can do all the bookings by email and on VRBO, by doing this I feel I will not be missing out and still have my vacations every year, otherwise I would not be able to afford them, so win, win situation.

He put all the deposits into the villas, but my name is on all the deeds.