You are here

New Here & ned to vent

momto3's picture

and just need to get this gripe off my chest. I did introduce myself in a blog though Smile

SD18 moved out last fall right on her birthday, even though she's still in high school. I immediately took her off the car insurance (which is way more difficult than it should be) & health insurance. Well I was in the open enrollment period on my insurance, so was told by HR not to add her and it would become effective 1/1/13. I thought it was strange that they still included her name on the deductible statements they send every quarter, but didn't really worry about it. Last night we got an automated call at home to confirm SD18's gyno appt for today...seems she forgot to update her contact info. Well I looked online this morning at my EOB's & the insurance paid for her birth control back in February. I called the insurance & they said she's still on my policy :jawdrop: I'm furious!!!! First off, I defintely don't want her on there & secondly, I don't want to be stuck with that troll's doctor bills either.

The insurance company said I need to talk to HR...umm, hello I did that last fall. I've emailed & left a voicemail for the lady in HR with no callback yet. Ughh, this devil child will never go away!!!

forgotten wife's picture

well, if there's a silver lining to all this, it's that she won't be bringing a gskid into the world anytime soon.

dizzydezzer's picture

I don't know what's more infuriating - incompetent HR staff, unhelpful insurance companies or a SD that sounds like a nightmare that won't go away!

momto3's picture

HR finally called me back & said they have the confirmation from corporate that she is not to be on the policy...I'm guessing they didn't forward this onto the insurance company....ughh!

And forgotten wife...you are so right. I couldn't stand her, so I'm sure as heck not gonna raise a kid for her. Thank goodness for small miracles!

silentnites's picture

I don't think there is anything you can do if she is still in HS. You can remove her but you could technically get those bills anyway, while she is in HS. I would not change anything until she graduates.

High School still equals dependent. I would let it ride for now.

Freshstart's picture

The bit I love about your story is the SD moved out at 18 part. You lucky duck!

momto3's picture

Freshstart...you have no idea how calm my life got after that. We still have one here, but she's nothing like her eveil sister.

comfortablynumb's picture

It's been really calm around here since my SD moved out, too! She still tries to impose her drama on everyone in the family though.

RE: the insurance - SD still being on ours didn't prevent her from getting pregnant. She met a nice guy she thought she could trap and quit her birth control. She lost the pregnancy and he dumped her, though.

She actually is still on our insurance although she is 20 because we have younger children and it doesn't cost any more or less & we are not legally responsible for her bills.