You are here

Never say never: Toxic BM moving literally to other side of the world

SMforever's picture

I have been living on a small island with DH for the past 2 years. It is where he and BM were married and raised their kids, now adults. They divorced 15 years ago, but BM was still bullying DH when I met him four years ago. Vile texts, competing for the kids' affections, generally nose in his business. Massive helicopter parent.

Then I came along, first a long distance relationship, now co-habiting, and I set some ground rules so she stays away. The only continuing problem in our daily existence has been BM's lurking about. You can't go out without spotting her glaring back...grocery store, gym, shops. She was a cheater, and spends her whole existence on impression management.

SD came for a visit today and announced that BM's BF has taken a 3 year contract in a place exactly half way round the world! Yippee. What a relief. Even SD said it's a welcome event to get the old beotch out of her personal life. Now a chance to spend relaxed time with the skids and their familis without BM pulling into the driveway.

I guess miracles do happen.

sandye21's picture

Is BM going with her BF? If so, congratulations. This is a really hard situation - stalking but unable to have proof to do something about it.

SMforever's picture

Yeah I checked that, looks like unmarried is OK. I hope they really like it there.....and stay!

SMforever's picture

Heard from SD again today about BM's move. Apparently she has quit her job here, so looks like the move is seriously going ahead.

Oddly though, DH has been quiet and pensive about it. I asked him if he's going to miss her bullying...he said it will be very strange indeed to not have that elephant on his shoulder any more. It dodn't occur to him in a million years that she would ever bug off..

It's as if he was resigned to being a victim forever.