You are here

Motel for sd

Phoebe333's picture

We just found out two days ago that osd 43 and family of 4 are coming to town for TG. I had already decided that I would host local sd 41 and her family of 4 cuz she has a newborn now. There's lots of stress when osd visits cuz she and my dh are both controlling people. I am able to talk things out with dh on a daily basis, and we just celebrated our 25th anniversary. OSD is another story. Well, when we found out they were coming, my blood pressure went up immediately. My husband and I agreed that they would stay in a motel this time. We're going to pay for it, which is no big deal for us. Anyway, we'll see how the visit goes. 

Aunt Agatha's picture

It's hard enough to stay with my sister, BIL and her 4 kids (and I love and adore them) when it's just myself. But if my SO comes along with me, we always get a hotel.  It's important to have some space, even from guests you like much less those who are problematic.

Unless of course you have a mansion where everyone gets their own bed and bath.  But even then, not for obnoxious ones.

Heres hoping you have a happy Thanksgiving!

Phoebe333's picture

Yes, now they're driving through bad weather and might get caught up in snow. It's an 11 hour drive for them. We're going to offer to pay for a motel on the way here, in case they're stopped by road closures. So, we'll see how this story evolves.

Phoebe333's picture

They stayed home due to inclement weather, so it was a more intimate holiday. They might be in town for Christmas/Hanukah.

StepUltimate's picture

You dodged THAT bullet!  Biggrin

bertieb's picture

Sometimes you can get a house as well for nearly the same price and it's easier with kids on VRBO or Airbnb.

Phoebe333's picture

Just to clarify..by family of 4 I mean two adults (sd +ssil) and 2 kids.