You are here

Just when I thought I couldn't hate SD18 anymore

momto3's picture

Yesterday DH called & said his SM called him b/c his dad isn't doing well. I reluctantly sent SD27 an email letting her know (she isn't currently speaking to us, though in the past she has spoken to me & not DH, but I just keep my distance & we haven't talked to her since SD18 moved in with her). Of course SD27 calls SD18 & they both rush to see him (haven't gone to visit in a very long time).

When DH got home last night I asked if either SD spoke to him. He said yes, SD27 talked to him (she did text & call me as well), but SD18 refused to acknowledge him. I was just a tag smug, b/c although DH doesn't put up with her crap, it's just another example of how selfish & self centered that girl is. She's currently back in good graces with BM, who she hasn't had a relationship with in over 4 yrs, simply b/c BM is providing a cell phone & buying her clothes. DH won't fall for her stunts, so I guess she has no reason to communicate with her father even when his own father may be dying.

No sweat off my back, but I guess that's what I get for thinking she could attempt to be an adult & at least speak to her father given the circumstances...but to be honest, I don't expect any less from her. Just another thing to add to my list of reason why I detest her.

Anon2009's picture

I think that if you are disengaged/not communicating it is best to stay that way. If DH wants to email/call them, that's on him.

At 18, I don't think either of us would have behaved the way she did. I also think that at 18, many people still have a lot of maturing to do.

I would just keep my distance from her until she has shown some sign of starting to mature.

I'm sorry for what your family is going through. Lots of prayers to you.

Amber Miller's picture

I understand how you feel. It seems like the list of reasons for detesting my SD gets longer as time has gone by so I comportent understand what you are saying. It's sad that during this time that DH can't have the support of his daughters. My SD (psycho princess brat) likes to get mad at DH out of nowhere. She does this to keep him off balance. He starts to think it's because he didn't do enough when she was little and there you have it; daddy is once again kissing her behind. This is a tactic that she uses. It's sad to see my DH cower to this psychotic, maniacal brat. I feel like there's nothing I can do. I'm sorry for your DH. sounds like his daughters are selfish and mean.