You are here

Just waiting for it.

grace8205's picture

Well my DH was talking about taking a trip to Arizona at the end of May, he wants to ride his motorcycle down and I would fly down and meet him. I like motorcycles, even own one, however I do not enjoy riding for days like my DH does.
Well now he has decided he wants to go to Las Vegas instead, there will be more to do and the ride is shorter.
Last summer we took a weekend trip to Vegas and when we returned my MIL asked about our weekend when we had her and skid22 over for dinner. Then DH says to skid “next time we go we will take you”. I never said a word, because I don’t know if that would really happen, but I was still mad. I do not ever want to go on vacation with skid and it would cost way too much because my DH is such a Disney dad.
I think my husband probably forgot about saying this to skid or is hoping skid doesn’t remember. I can assure you that skid remembers and will use it to get an invite or guilt daddy in to buying him a theoretical pony.
I am not going to mention anything however I am just waiting for it to come to a head.

Any thoughts or advice for when it does come to a head?

Exjuliemccoy's picture

Maybe you could emphasize how much you're looking forward to a ROMANTIC vacation with your sexy beast? Drop nuggets about the sexy lingerie you've bought for the trip, the new toys and flavored lotions, and the couples massage you've booked?

Acratopotes's picture

Yes to this... it's the only way to take your husband's mind of skid and what he's going to tell skid...

if skid has a melt down about not being invited, you simply laugh and say - you are an adult arrange your own holidays

SacrificialLamb's picture

I have no problem going with one skid but will not go with the other. I would imagine you have very good reasons to not want to go on vaca with this adult skid. If this time ever comes, then ask your DH why this would be a vacation for you. Stress, extra money, spending time feeling excluded.....sign me up Sad Sad

I don't waste money on vacation anymore if it's not truly vacation.

ESMOD's picture

We just went on a trip with my YSD earlier this year. A cruise that she had booked with her EX BF that she had paid 100% for in advance.

We paid her back for my DH's portion and she paid for just about all of her incidentals. I think we picked up the tab for one meal and one round of drinks for her.

She was pleasant and we even shared a room and we all got along. She had other friends on the boat so she spent some time with them too. It can work if everyone is respectful.

grace8205's picture

My skid22 is a boy. We don't go on a lot of trips, so when I do go away and take vacation time I would like to enjoy it. Also we save to go on vacation, its not like we have the extra income to pay and bring an adult skid.

Hikinggal's picture

Too bad he didn't discuss it with you before offering - I think that is the part that can be discerning. I am not perfect, I have done this to my husband but have learned and need to remember we are a TEAM and we can't just volunteer our time or our home (or our vacations) to others without discussion first. Yup, I would be honest and let him know it hurts that he didn't ask you about it first, before offering, and tell him in the future you would like to be included in the decision.

grace8205's picture

Yes my DH is terrible for that. I am not going to offer to bring skid, or let it slide if he is thinking we should bring him, its a NOOOO! My SS is disrespectful, entitled and out right rude at times. It would be a nightmare to vacation with him. Also the other thing is I can't stand the way my DH behaves around him.

Thumper's picture

Here we go again :O "can we have your permission sweet'ums to go to vegas without you???? Pleaseeeee pussy cat don't be mad at us pretty please????

When are divorced parents going to BE straight and honest with their kids? You know in a similar way IF the family was dh, sm and stepchild only? A lot appear to be scared to take a darn trip OR make plans to enroll a kid in dance every other Saturday.

Dad has a business trip and I am going with him. You will be at Grannys or Uncle Johns.

Ahhhh WHY CANT I GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It is for adults on only.

Please stop being scared of being ADULTS. No wonder these kids walk all over everyone.

JMO of course Wink

Maxwell09's picture

Proceed with caution, if I were you I wouldn't bring up the trip or speak minimally about it. The less planning you do then the lesser chance he'll remember to re-invite skid along. If your husband is anything like mine he's forgotten all about it and doesn't really do the planning part of the vacation. He just goes and when we get there we figure it out. I say you let that happen. Chances are y'all will ride off into the sunset and the skid will call mid trip and realize they've been left behind a second time and grip and complain about it. Owell not your job to remind your SO to be a Disney dad to a grown ass human.

2Tired4Drama's picture

I am cynical by nature, and honestly ... I think this is a set-up.

Your DH knows you would NOT want to do the AZ trip due to the long motorcycle ride, so he floats that out there knowing you would say you don't want to go.

That's probably because he never intended to have a trip to AZ, it was going to be LV all along.

I am imagining that he has already laid plans with the skid to go to LV. When you find out and protest, your DH will say something along the lines of, "Well, you didn't want to take the bike ride to AZ with me, so I figured this was a good alternative"... and then announce his plans to take skid.

He may also know you would refuse to go along if skid goes, therefore it would save money if you stayed at home - not to mention no conflict for your DH. He may throw in a scrap on the table to you like, "Well, you and I can go on a long weekend alone together another time."

Is that a possibility that may arise?

grace8205's picture

Even if we were going to AZ he would have rode the bike and I would fly and meet him there on the same day of his arrival, so with LV it won't be any difference.
I will book our hotel under my name at the same time my flight. So I am going there is no question about that.