You are here

Just Had to Have Our Dog Put to Sleep and then Get Yet Another Phone Call from Twit

shes driving me crazy in my retirement's picture

and I am really stressed out.  Right now I am grieving for our beloved companion of 11 years and in no mood to  hear carp from Twit on the answering machine.  Just more of the same Twit carp.....boo  hoo hoo, Dad come to the wedding, no one else from our family is going to be there, how will it look.

DH is pizzed right now because I snapped at him to take care of her and her issues before I do.  IMHO, SHE needs to be put down so the world, at least DH, can live out the rest of his life in peace.  I honestly don't know why he listens to the crap (there, I said it because I am so angry right now.  I just don't need this.

disrestep's picture

I am so very sorry to hear about your dog. It is one of the hardest things to go through. Having had to put beloved pets to sleep quite a few times, it never gets any easier. Just know the love you provided for your pet made his/her life so much better. Eleven years is a long time in dog years. My condolences to you.

I'd disconnect the phone and answering machine and take a nice nap, or at least try. 

Take care

CLove's picture

my sympathies on your loss of fur baby. They are so precious and so short on this planet.

Block, turn off phone/answering maching, get some space from all the garbage.

StepUltimate's picture

So sorry for your loss. So hard to say goodbye to our beloved pets. Each one is such a priceless, irreplaceable gem. Hope your cherished memlries comfort you as you grieve this pet-friend.

sandye21's picture

Again - Twit's message is only about how it will make her look NOT how wonderful it would be to share the celebration with DH and you.  But then - no surprise.

You do not need to hear Twit right now - even a recording of Twit.  Is it possible to leave the room while DH listens to all of the recorded messages?  And that he refrain from telling you about any messages from Twit?

So sorry to hear about your beloved pet.  It is so hard to endure their last days.  We are going through the same thing with our precious Taz who was a puppy mill 'mama' someone dumped on the highway 6 1/2 years ago.  Sad.

You are so right there Sandye.  With Twit it is ME, ME, ME.

She has already lined up Drunkie for her drama after the wedding.

You know, I have to laugh.  Twit has more illnesses.  Remember I told you about how she claimed that she had some illness that kept her from losing weight and she had to do this thingy with the suit etc.?  Now, according to messages, she is gluten intolerate.  Add that to lactose intolerant, peanut allergies and anything else that is the new flavor of disease etc. today she has.

I told DH that is going to be her way to keep her babie, the GTB from moving out of her clutches.....she is ill and never knows when she is going to go so  he has to be close by.  I would bet the farm on this ploy from the way she is telling DH.  Ought to be interesting.

DH asked me what odds I would give on this marriage suceeding.  I told him none if they stay around Twit or any where she can get to them especially when they have children because that is WHAT she is waiting for.....to be a Grandmother and the GTB is her only hope.

Survivingstephell's picture

Did you ask him what the odds were that your marriage would survive if this Twit stuff isn't shut down by him?

Yup, that has come up more than a few times.  DH says since we moved away and all, and since he is the only one that has anything to do with crazy Twit, it is the one thing he asks.

I do  have to say that now that she can't physically get at me, it is a lot better.  She can rant and rave all she wants on the answernig machine and DELETE is what I do.  Though, today not included as it is such a sad, stressful day for us, it IS interesting to watch how she tries to manipulate things and never succeeds.  After all, DH is going to Vegas with me over the wedding time, and we are going to meet his other daughter and her hubby up there.  She is absolutely nothing like Twit.  One can talk to her, laugh, have fun etc. with the other daughter.  With Twit one always had to walk on egg shells least she blow up over some imagined slight etc.

AND, with the other daughter one can have a conversation...a fluent conversation with no induendos or trying to figure out what is being meant from what is said.  THAT is very difficult as Twit is never direct in what she says, she says things in well, real strange ways.  Not normal at all.

sandye21's picture

As a daughter of a narcissist, I have experienced a certain 'manipulation progression' when they don't get the results they want.  Twit has already treated you as if you were not deserving of coming to the wedding so you would ask why.  This was supposed to give her the power to let you know your 'place' in her life (and possibly beg).  You could have treated her better and you would be privileged to be included in the wedding.  This didn't work, and you made other plans so she blamed you for the 'miscommunication' (which was all your fault).  You didn't buy this either so she tried to make you feel guilty that YOU would make her look bad.  You would feel guilty if you didn't agree to ignore all of her insulting behavior, (which was your imagination by the way), and go to the wedding.  So what follows?  The old stand-by:  illness.  Followed by the ultimate threat:  impending death.  NOW aren't you sorry?!!

My Mother is almost 93 years old.  She has been on the verge of dying since she was 30 so you don't want to ask her how she is unless you have 3 hours to listen, (as is my duty).  And if my reaction isn't sufficient, she brings up the old, "I don't have long for this earth", (I'm supposed to be horrified) to which I reply, "We all have to go sometime."  Then I am the rotten, unfeeling ass I've always been, and she makes sure to tell everyone.  Oh well!

You have written before about how Twit feigned illness and the possibility of death to get what she wants.  Be on the look-out for it again.  Gluten intolerance can 'progress' to all sorts of life-threatening diseases.  Who knows - she might mistakenly eat a deadly peanut or have a glutenous catastrophe or not be able to take off the weight loss suit.  But even if she is at Death's door I can guarantee she will miraculously recover before the wedding so she can be the bell of the ball.  And if you wind up going to the wedding?  You will pay big time for causing her so much stress.  Please don't change your plans for Las Vegas. 

Side note:  For some odd reason, every time you bring up that weight loss suit I can visualize Twit doing a 'Houdini' over Niagara Falls.  Wishful thinking maybe?  LOL

Twit doing a Houdini over Niagra Falls - LOVE IT. 

Don't worry Sandye, not changing our plans for Vegas.  No way no how.

Remember that during all the Twit nonsense about why we weren't invited etc.,  Actually I don't believe any of them give a ratz arse if we were there or not except for Twit because of how it looks.  Ya can't treat us like garbage and then expect us to keep going back for more.  THAT would be masachistic and that I am not.

We are now less than 4 weeks from the wedding and sooner or later Twit has to catch on, accept that that no one from this state is going, period.  That ought to bring on a grand mal rage from her that we have never seen before.  Not that she actually wants DH there, it is all about control and looking good.

Thank you all.  Our "boy" was a rescue dog.  Twice he had been dropped off at the shelter - at age 2 and again at age 4 when we adopted him.  He was skin and bones....so bad his haunches poked out.  But WHAT a good, great companion he was for DH and I.  I never figured out why he was dumped he was so good, behaved (of course we took him to "school"), was not a barker and LOVED people.  A Lab some kind of spaniel (though I thought hound because of his ears) mix he was the absolute BEST dog I have ever had.  As DH said, it is hard but we did  very right by him.  READ WHAT I WRITE BELOW ABOUT TWIT AND HER DOGS, IT SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT HER AND HER THINKING.

His saying that made me think about all the dogs the Twit has gone through and how they ended.  The one they let run with a pack and ended up being shot before it reached the age of 2 and how Twit blamed every one else except herself for letting the dog run lose.  The other dog that she allowed to become so emaciated it looked worse than our Ole boy when we adopted him..  Could hardly stand up, had to lean against the wall, would fall trying to walk!.  That was the one that DH had to demand that she take to the vet and have put down as it was in such bad shape.  Twit?  Well, she claimed she didn't realize the dog was in such bad shape.  Or the one that had a tumor so big on its side that it couldn't get up.  Twit only  had it operated on when the Vet told her she needed to have surgery to remove it or put the dog down right then.  The dog had the surgery and Twit went around bragging, yes bragging, about how the dog had a 30 lb. tumor!  Evidently, and this Twit told us, the Vet had told her many a time to have the tumor removed but it wasn't until he said leave the dog for surgery or put it down now that she acted.

Now, when you think of how she acted with her animals is it any wonder how she acts with her "babies".  Man there is a real screw off there.  FWIW, Twit did recomend our old (not the current one) vet back there and when DH said her name etc., the Vet slipped and said "Oh, the crazy lady with all the dogs".  I caught it, but DH acted as though he never heard it, but then I think DH has heard the term crazy in regards to Twit before..

One thing of interest. DH only let our Boy stay with Twit once, for one night and then never again.  It happened when we first moved down there.  I think he knew and knows a lot more about her and animals than he says or that I ever picked up on.  He did once say that Twit would get upset because the dogs would eventually all favor her hubby or babies.  THAT speaks volumes.  Though her hubby is just as complicite in letting those animals get to that state or run wild as she is.

Thank heavens we don't have to depend on them for help in our advancing years.

Bat sh*t crazy is an understatement.  When one thinks only about ones self etc., it must be difficult to see others, human or animals have needs.

I mean look what she does with Drunkie, or the 400lber.  Are either of them getting help?  No.  Yet Twit cries poor her, poor her LOOK what she has to deal with.  And, no, she isn't interested in hearing advice.  If you suggest, say Al-Anon for help for her she has excuses as to why she can't go.   The truth is that being secretive she wants no one to really know what goes on, only her version of things.

marblefawn's picture

So sorry to hear about your dog. I've been there and know how awful it is.

Do something nice for yourself: Turn off that phone. You deserve it.

Cloudy With A Chance's picture

Very sorry to hear about your fur baby, sounds like he was a sweetie pie.  :-(   Also sorry to hear Twit is such a stinker and self-centered hypochondriac. Glad to hear you at least have one SD who is fun to be around--50% luck of the draw! (I have a 50/50 situation, too, which sounds a lot like yours.) Enjoy your Vegas visit and try not to let any talk of the Twit infiltrate your happy vacation!

Somethingwicked - Thank you for that about our Dog.  Never thought about it in that way.  We fell in love with him right away when we "interviewed" with him.  He jumped up and put his paws on my shoulders, looked me in the eyes and jumped back down.  He did the same with DH.  It was as though he was checking out what kind of people we were too.  But you are correct, as skinny as he was no one would probably take a chance.  He was so loving at that point etc.  We didn't hesitate.

We donated our Furbaby's beds, toys, food, treats to our local animal rescue center.  They were glad to get those big dog beds as they have one big dog that was hit by a car and has 2 broken legs that it was going to make feel much better.

I know our Baby would like that.