You are here

It’s in the open now

Newimprvmodel's picture

Long long saga. 

However seemed there was peace in the valley until adult SD had first birthday party for first grandchild last yr. over 40 people including DH ex and her spouse and family. They flew in from afar as we all live in different sections country. 
DH not invited yet we had been sending loads of gifts up until then for SD and her family. 
I immediately told DH that's it. He of course blew it off and he and SD engage in frequent calls but he has yet to see granddaughter who is now almost 2. Recall she refused to fly here even though I offered free tickets for everyone including her boyfriend and his kids even. 
I got a one sentence text for Mother's Day from her and she has stopped including me on her pics texted to my DH. 
other daughter was here visiting. Her and I do well together. So DH tells her I am not liking her sister!?  And I didn't get into it. She told me that her sister likes me very much. I didn't respond to that. I'm sure she has shared this with her sister. 

I don't see any downside to me. At worst she might simply continue her phone call relationship with money bags. Her father. I hear her best friend her mother will be relocating to her town. Hmm. I suspect no room for DH in that relationship. 

2Tired4Drama's picture

This is an adult woman who has made it very clear that her father has very little importance in her life, and you are worth zero consideration.

As I mentioned back in April, this entire dynamic is rotten. While you may think you have a good relationship with the other SD don't count on it lasting. It won't.  If she is around, then I do the bare minimum of seeing her. Have a brief welcome and then find ways to keep busy and away from her, while she visits with her father. Any conversations with her should be very casual and very impersonal - subjects you might talk to a distant coworker about. 

You need to disengage. Don't say anything about any of them to your DH because he is a big mouth and will repeat it back to them.  If their names come up, change the subject. If the "friendly" SD visits, find ways to get out of the house. 

Disengage. Disengage. Disengage.  Start practicing how to get this bunch out of your mind so their shenanigans don't eat up your head space. 

Catmom024's picture

DH told the daughter you get along with that you don't like her sister?? Wow.  Not cool.  Yes, you can guarantee she blabbed this information back to her sister.   Blood is thicker than water.

My SO is never invited to his grandchild's huge birthday bash either that tons of people attend.  Sd actually holds 2 parties...a daytime party and then an adults only party afterwards (aka booze and drug fest).  It's always held at the BMs party shack.  The blow up bounce house this year was larger than her house! Lol.