You are here

Intentionally becoming a parent but I see a single parent train coming from 20 Miles away. Why?

Silent River's picture

SD28 wants to have a baby because SD24 just had one and it's "so cute." SD28 lives with guy she met two months before her divorce was final. She met guy in a bar, finalized her divorce, and moved several states away to his location. She has been living with him for two years, has a good job, and has survived her man's DWI jail time, and another jail term for fighting with his papa! He had a car accident and has a "back injury"...waiting for "settlement" on that so work is flighty and spars. SD28, I am pretty sure pays most of the bills. Anyway, she announced the blessed event. I sooo do not see this lasting, and I see "single parent to be continued..." written all over this.

Why????? Why must we play house with a fire cracker of a guy??? WHYYYYYYYY?????

And why do smart and pretty women with good jobs make stupid choices?

Ok...back to my disengagement. I popped my head out of the sand for a moment, only to be reminded I need to place head firmly back into sand and stay there. Peace....

AllySkoo's picture

Hey, at least yours is 28! My 18 year old stepdaughter started dating an abusive loser ("Loo"), got "accidentally" pregnant within 3 months, and married the guy a couple weeks after having the baby. Loo works sporadically (he took a week off after getting a wisdom tooth out, another week for a cold, and another week when SD had the baby - this is all in the same month) and if he doesn't work he doesn't get paid. They live in his grandmother's basement. Loo tells SD when she is allowed to leave the house, who she can be friends with, whether she's allowed to talk to any of her family. It's a fucking train wreck. I can only HOPE she'll be a single mother someday. *sigh*

Silent River's picture

Even though I probably should be sad for them, I could so identify with your comment that it gave me the laugh of the day. You are right! We can only hope they both become single parents, unless of course our DH's step in and try to mini wife support them which will directly effect our house hold income. Waaaaa... bad thought.

Stepped in what momma's picture

"unless of course our DH's step in and try to mini wife support them which will directly effect our house hold income. Waaaaa... bad thought."

That is exactly what I thought of too- if she does end up single she might come knocking for dollars or a place to stay.

AllySkoo's picture

Yep, I can totally see SD wanting to move in with us eventually, along with the baby. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about that. SD isn't a bad kid, really, so it *might* be OK. She's no mini-wife at least! Smile

zerostepdrama's picture

Well lets just pray that it works out for them. No matter what, its sad for a child to be raised in a broken home. I am 100000000X happier not being with BS's dad, but I still wish my BS didnt have to come from a "broken" home. It just makes things more difficult.

misSTEP's picture

My smart and pretty SD21 has two kids, two baby daddies and no marriage in sight. It's too bad (although the grandskids are cute).

Rags's picture

Smart pretty women don't do these things. Idiot, immature, intellectually deficient, devoid of character, pretty or not, women do these things. Even if they have a good job. Just as idiot, immature, intellectually deficient, devoid of character, handsome or not, men do these things. Even if they have a good job.

The devoid of character gravitate to the devoid of character as this 28yo train wreck and her POS sperm donor are the poster children of.

No mystery here.

Not worth the cerebral effort to understand it either. Idiot is as idiot does.

Just smile, say "That's nice" and move on to let them cause havoc and devastation in their own lives while diligently keeping that drama out of yours.