You are here

I hate the holidays

Miss-Step's picture

So, I asked the step daughters 28 and 30 to bring something to contribute to the Christmas dinner. One had a total freak out. She is stressed out and can't deal. There is so much more to write on this subject... But to keep the point brief. SD 28 and son-in-law 39 have WW3 argument on Christmas Day at our house. Sil 39 leaves for a while and SD has howling crying screaming fit. I was happy neighbors were away otherwise police would have surely been called. Dh did nothing to rectify her behavior. I told him go tell ner to calm down and he Said to me, this is how she gets it out. Really? it was a banche screaming in my house!

Needless to say SIL came back..and did not speak to SD the rest of the day. After another 6 hours of grueling torture.

SD and SIL move on dec. 31st 7 hours away (yeah). But at the end of the day when they were leaving...we were saying goodbye and other SD 30 said "oh this is the last time you'll see them moving so far away". Crazy mental SD said in the circle of family, "oh that is probably a good thing for (my name here)." No one said anything. It was like an elphant in the room. I said nothing, just stood there not knowing what to say. My DH sai nothing,.... No support of his wife. His ex was mentally ill, I think his daughter is too. I have no doubt...

Tonight. DH and I had big fight. I told him, you should have said something! You left me standing there didn't say a word. Your daughter was rude, I don't care if we don't get along. I have been gracious, providing and caring. Now he has left the house tonight after our fight. And I say good riddance.. He can't support his wife over his snotty as child he doesn't deserve me. I text him that if he allows his daughter to bad mouth me, he can forget about speaking me again. Oh he just walked in. And has all my fault for foght attitude. I say the big f word in my mind. More later... Love you sisters of being a acted step mom!

chickadee1444's picture

That's what these little bitches want..reaction to the crap they throw at us..maybe the answer is to be as sweet as possible and just say " you're right" and smile, smile, smile..all they want to do is split us up with daddy and by reacting they are overjoyed..I tell mine he should go and live with his bully daughter.I good learn from her on how to be perfect..

Miss-Step's picture

Yeah! Today was moving day for mentally unstable SD28 and SIL 39, 600 miles away from us! Happy New Year to me! DH still pissy with me over fight. Does a DH ever once think to say to snotty Kids, Hey, this is my wife! If you hurt her or disrespect her, you disrespect me! Knock it off. Those few words would end so much strife, and the just don't get it, they just cower to their offspring. Try to play Switzerland - neutral.

Because the SD28 is so controlling, she was snooping thru SIL phone on Christmas Day. he caught her going thru his phone and got mad. she told him, well you should not be texting anyone!! That is what the fight was about. That is SD's problem she wants to control everyone and everything. Can't have control 600 miles away from daddy...I hope...

DH expressed concern that he hopes her marriage will last...because issues have gotten so bad with SD and SIL (apparently more than I am allowed to know). I told DH, SIL told me privately on Christmas, he is tired of her antics, they've been to counseling and things don't change.

I told DH, (and I know this was cutting but it had to be said), if it does fail ( the marriage), you do realize she can't move back and live with us. He yelled, don't you think I know this? you think you need to tell me this??? i said, I needed to make it perfectly clear and understood with you, yes.

I said this because I have found that DH has developed an expression to say, "I don't remember you saying this..." Or "I don't remember that." Every time he does something he knows it would have been better not doing or just to get off the hook. I didn't want him to use this excuse on me for the zillion time when his sweet, controlling daughter comes crying.

But for today, I shall be happy...and I don't ever have to visit them...although I'm sure there will come a day DH will suggest this nightmare...