You are here

How Do U Handle All the Pics?

Penny19's picture

I have 3 adult stepchildren, 2 of which have babies. One is a picture fanatic. How do you handle all the pictures you are given in expensive 11 x 14 frames and other sizes? I don't have the wall room and I'm not taking my pics or decor down. They are DH's kids/grandkids. With every holiday and milestone, there will be more and more. We/I have no bio kids.  Btw, I'm one of those who has had to disengage somewhat for my own sanity.

lieutenant_dad's picture

Put up one frame and replace the picture as the child(ren) ages. Get rid of the frames and keep the pictures in storage.

grace8205's picture

Or scan the photos and add them to a digital frame, way less clutter and all photos are displayed. Bonus you can turn it off anytime you want. 

SeeYouNever's picture

You can be like me and say that you don't want to risk marring the wall so you're waiting for your husband to hang them up chances are he never will.

ndc's picture

I'd rotate the pictures so they don't overtake your home.  You might have your husband (NOT YOU!) mention to his kids that you don't have room to properly display all of the pictures of the grandchildren, but that you'd love to have digital copies so you could display them in one of those electronic frames that scroll through and display multiple pictures.

sandye21's picture

Does DH have a room that he gravitates to but you don't?  If so, let him hang them in there.  OR how about a special trunk where you keep all of those 'special memories' for him to go through when he wants to be sentimental.

sammigirl's picture

I have a memory trunk for DH.  It has all his treasurers and pictures from SD, out of my sight.

I have a book case set up for recent family pictures only, including my family.  Only the size that will fit are displayed.  Everything else goes in the chest.

Rags's picture

When you get a new pic, it replaces the previously gifted pic.  Donate the frames to GW and put the pics in a box in the attic.

Keep it simple.

MissTexas's picture

classes.

She teaches CHG here, and instead of using those pre-printed sheets you can buy, she has a printing company enlarge the ones of SD/SS. Her DH hangs the HUGE ENLARGED ONES in his outside office! They are LIFE SIZED!

Needless to say, she has been disengaged for a LOOONG time.

Thumper's picture

Handle it the same way my parents would with OUR pics when we were little.

Stick the most recent pic on top of the last pic. Use same frame until there is no more room.

OR they stuck them in photo albums.

We don't like clutters of pictures in our home.  We do have a few precious pics on the top of an antique table.

IF she is rude enough to ask...just smile and giggle--"Oh we replace the new ones with the older ones".

'.

disrestep's picture

If disengaging for your own sanity, having skid pics all over the place isn't going to help.

What to do with all the pics and the frames?

Let DH make a shrine at his workplace, on desk at work, etc.

Sell the frames, tag sale, online.

Donate the frames.

Use the frames for pics of you and DH and toss the pictures.

Repurpose and repaint the frames. 

Regift the frames.

Give the pics to a relative that wants them.

I don't know about anyone else, but it's just weird that every holiday, birthday, milestone, or just because the skids feel the need to load up my DH with pictures of them/gskids. I know they don't want a pic of me in their homes, so why the heck would I want to look at them everyday in my home? DH doesn't care and just files the pics away, tossed or has donated the frames.

CANYOUHELP's picture

If you have no relationship with them, they seem to push extra hard for you to put pictures up.  Of course, you will never see one of you any place in their homes....ever.....never...as you are not family worthy. Disengagment usually means more photos of these adorable people.

If this is the case, you are not obligated to memoralize royalty who have excluded you every opportunity-in your own home.